AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-29, 20:28   Link #1
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

*chirp*chirp*

hehe. I find this funny, but K-F stops releasing new episodes or makes an announcement that there won't be any until XX date, suddenly this forum gets REAL quiet. Then they release a couple and it's total chater, chatter, chatter, then quiet again. hehe. We sure like to go to extremes here. hehe.

Or is it that One Piece isn't a series that's got a lot to be talked about?
Old 2003-12-29, 20:37   Link #2
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
The truth is that, sadly, people don't seem to be addicted with One Piece as they are with Naruto, for instance.

But there's few subjects that would be interesting to discuss.
Old 2003-12-29, 21:49   Link #3
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Yea that is definatly true, althought I for one don't see why because One Piece is a truly amazing series.

Last edited by OFFSPRiNGCo16; 2003-12-30 at 11:41.
Old 2003-12-30, 00:02   Link #4
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFFSPRiNGCo16
Yea that is definatly true, althought I for one don't see why as One Piece is a truly amazing series.
maybe ure insane??? lol
Old 2003-12-30, 00:41   Link #5
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
it's good. luffy's awesome! and i'm not sure why either.... one piece is awesome. and hilarious too.
Old 2003-12-30, 00:45   Link #6
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Oh man, have you ever lived a sheltered life. The whole Luffy pirate crew owns! Man, if I could have super powers and was asked to be on their crew, I'd join in a new york minute!!

One Piece is one of those good animes that don't come along very often and don't rely on Enchi or any other off the wall methods for grabbing their viewers. The stories are clean and the fights are awesome. The humor is good too.
Old 2003-12-30, 01:28   Link #7
pulsr

i like this series alot.....
Old 2003-12-30, 09:31   Link #8
El Diablo

Send a message via AIM to El Diablo Send a message via MSN to El Diablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Diablo
Well, a lot of the members haven't read the manga, so its hard to discuss stuff without big spoilers. And as we all know, people will read the spoiler tags anyway.
Old 2003-12-30, 11:42   Link #9
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Zoro, why would I be insane? I love One Piece. You misread meh post. I changed it a bit so now its easier to understand even if you read fast.
Old 2003-12-30, 17:36   Link #10
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Zoro, why would I be insane? I love One Piece. You misread meh post. I changed it a bit so now its easier to understand even if you read fast.
lol yea i misread it. Ure missing a comma or a period. LOL shut up, im sick. (lol)
Old 2003-12-30, 19:10   Link #11
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

LOL. Awe, Zoro's sick. Well, with plenty of episodes of OP, you can get better quickly cause laughter is the best medicine.
Old 2003-12-30, 20:31   Link #12
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

And there is one more thing the subbing of One Piece is so goddamn behind.I mean the good sub.But if you took Naruto well there is a gap but not so big as One Piece.
Old 2003-12-30, 23:17   Link #13
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
And there is one more thing the subbing of One Piece is so goddamn behind.I mean the good sub.But if you took Naruto well there is a gap but not so big as One Piece.
tats cuz one piece came out in 1995, but KF started subbing like beginning of 2003.

EDIT: it was published in 1999. Sorry for the confusion it caused.

Last edited by Zoro; 2003-12-30 at 23:39.
Old 2003-12-30, 23:30   Link #14
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

This came out in 1995?? Damn, the quality is amazing for a 1995 anime!!
Old 2003-12-30, 23:38   Link #15
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

oops!!! MISTAKE it came out in 1999.
Old 2003-12-31, 00:01   Link #16
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Zoro really is a bit under the weather
Go to sleep dude. Seems like you need some rest.
Old 2003-12-31, 01:25   Link #17
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Zoro really is a bit under the weather
Go to sleep dude. Seems like you need some rest.
lol, im actually getting ready for bed right now.
Old 2003-12-31, 04:39   Link #18
Jn183

I'm addicted to ONE PIECE. The thing I see that making One Piece not so popular on here is that everyone is at a different point. I'm at ch 292 for manga and saw sub 1-117 and raw 118-143. Beside half of the topic on here are beyond k-f subs and the other half contain whole bunch of spoilers with no tag. Im one of them that sometime don't use spoiler b/c I get carry away. And that sometime makes ppl do not want to come to this forum b/c we might spoil One Piece for them. Another thing that make One Piece so uninteresting to new viewer is THE ANIMATION. I swear, I love the animation. It never bother me from the start. Some ppl just watch the first few minute of One Piece and judge it b/c of the animation. Beside they compare it with series such as NAruto and never really give it a chance to separate itself. I bet, if everyone that give it a chance and actually take their time watching ONE PIECE up to eps...erm..36...that is when Mihawk show up. I gurantee they would be hook. I know I was more hook than ever after seeing that fight between Zoro vs Mihawk. Also, not just the strong character and fight scene but the storyline is great and the character are well developed ANDDDD it's damn funny. *ahem* I finish my bs excuse
Old 2003-12-31, 14:26   Link #19
Mr. Bushido
Zoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jn183
I'm addicted to ONE PIECE. The thing I see that making One Piece not so popular on here is that everyone is at a different point. I'm at ch 292 for manga and saw sub 1-117 and raw 118-143. Beside half of the topic on here are beyond k-f subs and the other half contain whole bunch of spoilers with no tag. Im one of them that sometime don't use spoiler b/c I get carry away. And that sometime makes ppl do not want to come to this forum b/c we might spoil One Piece for them. Another thing that make One Piece so uninteresting to new viewer is THE ANIMATION. I swear, I love the animation. It never bother me from the start. Some ppl just watch the first few minute of One Piece and judge it b/c of the animation. Beside they compare it with series such as NAruto and never really give it a chance to separate itself. I bet, if everyone that give it a chance and actually take their time watching ONE PIECE up to eps...erm..36...that is when Mihawk show up. I gurantee they would be hook. I know I was more hook than ever after seeing that fight between Zoro vs Mihawk. Also, not just the strong character and fight scene but the storyline is great and the character are well developed ANDDDD it's damn funny. *ahem* I finish my bs excuse
i got hooked after the first episode. But i probably wouldnt have seen it if my friend didnt say "Just look past the animation" The drawing was not wat i liked. After the first 3 episodes i started to love the animation. The first episode was funny and had enough action to keep me watching.
Old 2003-12-31, 15:15   Link #20
Ral
Idea!

Quote:
I bet, if everyone that give it a chance and actually take their time watching ONE PIECE up to eps...erm..36...that is when Mihawk show up
Doesn't Mihawk show up in ep 25? 36 should be in the Arlong Arc.
I remember getting started with One Piece. First time I saw it was in the US Shonen Jump. When I first subscribed to it, I looked at the summaries for them at the site. One Piece's really didn't seem to intrest me when I read it. Then once people got there SJ, and said that they loved One Piece. I thought maybe it was better than I thought it would be. Once I got it and read it, I really liked it and couldn't wait for more. And awhile ago, I tried to download the eps from Kazaa. Got to ep 7 and stopped. It wasn't because I didn't like it. I never had a problem with the animation or how it looked. In fact, I really like it. I stopped because the downloads where so slow and there were usually the HK subs. Then I found K-F and started to get it again with better speeds and better subs.
Closed Thread