AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-02-22, 18:28   Link #1981
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I'll have to check out Hobby Link. I've just never wanted to pay the extra over-seas shipping if it's something I can find closer to home in the U.S.
Yeah, I understand that. I hate having to pay so much for shipping... But ordering from HLJ is actually cheaper for me than ordering from the US. With US orders, I have to pay shipping + custom charges for crossing the border. No such charge on packages from Japan.

One time a US order got shipped by UPS... FOURTY-SIX DOLLARS AT THE DOOR! WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!?!

Luckily it was a $50 figure I got for free.
Old 2010-02-22, 20:44   Link #1982
uragayduck2

does US get customs charge for shipping from Japan? that's what' s been holding me back from ordering from places like HLJ.
uragayduck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 20:50   Link #1983
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by uragayduck2 View Post
does US get customs charge for shipping from Japan? that's what' s been holding me back from ordering from places like HLJ.
I've never gotten customs charges from Japan, then again, I never got any kind of customs charge. I wasn't aware the US even had customs charges.
Demi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-22, 21:29   Link #1984
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
I've never gotten customs charges from Japan, then again, I never got any kind of customs charge. I wasn't aware the US even had customs charges.
Doesn't surprise me, as Americans generally don't need to order from outside their country as they have plenty of in-country online sites to choose from. Just compare Amazon.com to Amazon.ca and you'll see how much more Americans have access to. Being Canadian I have to buy American, and [most of the time] it costs extra to get it across the border. It might just be some US-Canada trade agreement or whatever, because it never costs anything when I get stuff from overseas countries.
Old 2010-02-22, 21:42   Link #1985
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I've never had any customs charges, but the only things I've ordered direct from Japan have been DVDs and art books. Oh, and one figure from an amazon.jp affiliate.
Old 2010-02-23, 11:10   Link #1986
lightl

well when the Nanoha exceed figure was delayed kidnemo never updated the release date just kept same old date downside to using HLJ is exchange rate and shipping cost, well for the exceed figure was about 67 dollars at current exchange rate sal was a bit more I have ordered from HLJ aswell
lightl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 16:43   Link #1987
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Bah! Wouldn't you know it? The day after I say ToysLogic ain't so bad, I get a delay notice from them on the Signum figure. Another month. Oh well, at least they let you know. It is true about Kid Nemo, I never got any delay notice from them. But then, I just figure it's part of figure collecting scene... sometimes you just gotta' be patient.

Although, it's probably fair to point out that the distributors base their release dates on what the manufacturers project. So a lot of the problem is because of manufacturing and shipping delays on the Japanese end.

This makes me wonder if a company like HLJ might get priority for shipments since they are in-country. It might be worth the extra cost of shipping if they can get stuff out in a more timely manner.
Old 2010-02-26, 19:27   Link #1988
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

heh, Material L
Spoiler:

Doing what Fate was too kind to do herself.
Old 2010-02-28, 21:38   Link #1989
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Interesting photo shoot of the GSC 1/4 Fate and Nanoha bikini figures.
Sorry if it's a repost.
Old 2010-03-02, 09:12   Link #1990
IchiKyo
大いなる希望の力、キュア・ドリーム!

Send a message via AIM to IchiKyo Send a message via MSN to IchiKyo Send a message via Yahoo to IchiKyo
http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductIn...duct_id/144091
IchiKyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 20:20   Link #1991
motaku96
もたく

I bought Nyan-Type vol. 3 from HobbySearch. I just got it in the mail. But it's missing the Nanoha illustration book. That illustration book is the whole reason I bought the magazine. I'm sending an email now to ask them about it.

While I'm here, I'll share some pics of things I got recently.

Bought the limited edition of the Nanoha psp game

Adult Nanoha and my new Nanoha

Because I didn't read the instructions, I had a hell of a time trying to get her backpack on

I know how to do it now of course

I realized that this nanoha figma has an odd number of hand pieces

And it started looking creepy so.....

A nice regular pose

Other stuff that came in the limited edition

And some pics of my lovely Nanoha Exceed mode from Alter
motaku96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 13:27   Link #1992
uragayduck2

did anyone pick up the lastest issue of Comp Ace (April 2010)? i'm curious as to what the "Light Seal nano" looks like that comes with it. depending on how it's like, i'll track down a copy just because of the design of Nanoha on it.
uragayduck2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 14:19   Link #1993
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Not sure what you mean by "Light Seal nano". I got it and the only thing that "came with it" is a small sheet of stickers and a Saber poster board... or whatever it's called.

Bought it out of curiosity, never seen one before. I just wish I could read the damn thing, lots of cool looking stuff inside.
Old 2010-03-06, 14:53   Link #1994
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Oh mai God, NanoFate stickers. I am so buying that.

Also, that's a pencil board Mushi, not a poster.
Old 2010-03-06, 15:08   Link #1995
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Also, that's a pencil board Mushi, not a poster.
Hehe... so that's what them pencil board thingies are? Well, mine is on a shelf because I think it looks cool.
Old 2010-03-07, 02:11   Link #1996
Ottocycle

Quote:
Not sure what you mean by "Light Seal nano". I got it and the only thing that "came with it" is a small sheet of stickers and a Saber poster board... or whatever it's called.

光る - Gives off light (shiny?)
シール - Japanese word for stickers
なの - nano (XD)

I guess those stickers are reflective, sorta like those foil trading card thingies?
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 03:33   Link #1997
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

No, not foil. They have an embossed glossy surface.

Vivio x Einhart rabu-rabu.

Sorry for the yellowish hue, I was using a regular lamp to highlight the raised areas and not get any glare off the stickers.
Old 2010-03-07, 03:50   Link #1998
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I want the chibi NanoFate stickers more than anything. That, and I collect Nanoha stickers...
Old 2010-03-07, 04:02   Link #1999
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Is there any place other than Hobby Search to buy those? The magazine was only a little over $7.00, but I got raped on shipping and handling. Total was around $42.00. Not something I want to do every month. Or maybe I opted for the most expensive shipping and didn't realize it. It did come quick once I got the notice it was in stock.
Old 2010-03-07, 04:04   Link #2000
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Is there any place other than Hobby Search to buy those? The magazine was only a little over $7.00, but I got raped on shipping and handling. Total was around $42.00. Not something I want to do every month. Or maybe I opted for the most expensive shipping and didn't realize it. It did come quick once I got the notice it was in stock.
If you don't mind waiting with SAL shipping. You can order at hobby search or HLJ for about 20$ after shipping.

Also, in terms of quality and cool merchandise...Megami magazine or Nyantype is probably the best. However, G's festival is technically the best, but it cost about 20$ more. Then again, I got a Shana dakimakura from one, so it makes sense. Other merch. they typically have are alarm clocks, clothing, huge posters, and sometimes even wallscrolls. lol

Here is a image of the dakimakura it came with -
Spoiler: