AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-29, 05:46   Link #501
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

You can actually: minutes into the start of the game (after a particular plot spoiler), you'll be given the option to either change your import character's face, or retain your old one.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 06:53   Link #502
Beruko08
The Shadow of Twilight
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Beruko08
Is it just me or the game doesn't let me change/custom the crews's armors like ME1?
Beruko08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 07:15   Link #503
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Nope, but in return your own armor is more customizable than ever.

Speaking of which, any place to buy good helmets?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 08:09   Link #504
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Guys can someone kindly give me some assistance with scanning and mining for the upgrades?

The moment I got the Normandy again I pretty much strip mined the Omega planets. So far I've probably mined barely 1/4 of all the planets in total. I've recruited everyone but 3 characters (Just about to go to Ilium) and already finished 3 loyalty quests. I really don't feel like strip mining the entire galaxy dry, mostly because my mouse hand hurts.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on how many percent of the planets I pretty much have to mine completely to be able to get the upgrades that factor in on getting the best end? I've upgraded everything I can up to this point including the ship, character-specific upgrades, the medbay and gear in the lab. I'm prioritizing the ship ones since they factor for the best end. Any estimate would be appreciated.

@Keroko

My bet would be Ilium and Citadel after Omega.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 08:21   Link #505
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
You beat the game in two days tops. Assuming it takes around 30/40 hours to finish the story, that means you either skipped a lot of dialog or spend 15/20 hours a day gaming.

Either way is insane.
thats called having a vacation from work and nothing else to do, and Tali determination XD
Old 2010-01-29, 08:31   Link #506
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Fucking hell. I feel so bloody scammed at the place where I bought my ME2:CE they clearly stated they had enough to send out on release and now the dickwads they can't. Oh sorry we don't have enough. >_>
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 08:32   Link #507
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Guys can someone kindly give me some assistance with scanning and mining for the upgrades?

The moment I got the Normandy again I pretty much strip mined the Omega planets. So far I've probably mined barely 1/4 of all the planets in total. I've recruited everyone but 3 characters (Just about to go to Ilium) and already finished 3 loyalty quests. I really don't feel like strip mining the entire galaxy dry, mostly because my mouse hand hurts.

Can anyone give me a rough estimate on how many percent of the planets I pretty much have to mine completely to be able to get the upgrades that factor in on getting the best end? I've upgraded everything I can up to this point including the ship, character-specific upgrades, the medbay and gear in the lab. I'm prioritizing the ship ones since they factor for the best end. Any estimate would be appreciated.
I read, somewhere, that the amount of planets, and therefore the amount of minerals, far overshoots over the needed amount to complete the game successfully. I'm not sure how many upgrades there are as you find more as you progress, but as an answer to your question I don't think there is an estimate. Mine until you can afford the things you want basically.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 08:36   Link #508
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Yeah I was told that:

Spoiler for ME2 spoilers:
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 09:06   Link #509
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You can actually: minutes into the start of the game (after a particular plot spoiler), you'll be given the option to either change your import character's face, or retain your old one.
whoo hoo, that's great news
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:21   Link #510
Nosauz

so is the digital deluxe version of ME 2 worth it or will I get all the armor upgrades I need through out the story.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 15:30   Link #511
ZeroForever

From what i know most of the DLC gear can't be upgraded, so there good early on but later after upgrades your normal gear will be better. I'm still only a few hours in so i can't confirm myself but it looks like it will end up that way given the stats.
Old 2010-01-29, 15:40   Link #512
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Ive imported my Blood Dragon Armor from DA:O and its pretty decent in stats, and looks way better then anything else ive found by now, i love the Helmet. The red stripes even blink when my Shepard is talking. Dunno if the N7 has that feature too, havent used it yet...
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 19:12   Link #513
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I switched to the standard armor for a bit... then switched right back to the Blood Dragon Armor. Looks > stats for me. I'll just handle the extra challenge.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 20:49   Link #514
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I only use the DLC armor if u cant take the helm off in missions I have N7 armor on any other time like looking around on populated planets.
Old 2010-01-30, 00:56   Link #515
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
Spoiler for liara:
Old 2010-01-30, 02:16   Link #516
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Here's a subversive question... is there any story-important reason to play the first Mass Effect before starting ME2? Or does the introduction bring one up to speed on the history and world setting?

Every time I think about playing ME, I keep flashing to the Penny Arcade gag about the game (elevators....)
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/11/16/

And just for completeness - all the other Mass Effect strips:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/9/19/
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/11/14/
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/11/19/

And, of course, a pertinent comment on the dreaded "Secu-rom":
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/5/9/

Please tell me they don't have Securom in the Steam purchase of the ME or ME2 ..... (yes, there have been games sold with securom onboard via Steam because the game makers couldn't be bothered to strip it out for Steam).
Old 2010-01-30, 02:47   Link #517
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

oh god the elevators XD they sucked so much.

and I hope there is again no lesbian sex in ME3, just so people shut up and stop being obsessed over it. hell Liara isnt even a "female" to be exact it was just the best way to discribe their race. so in a way its not even lesbian sex.
Old 2010-01-30, 03:08   Link #518
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Here's a subversive question... is there any story-important reason to play the first Mass Effect before starting ME2? Or does the introduction bring one up to speed on the history and world setting?
Well, you don't need to play ME to play ME2, however you'll miss out on alot of stuff, especially since if you import an ME save, many of the things you do in ME become relevant/referenced in ME2 (like if you save a sidequest character from ME1, they'll appear in ME2, sometimes to give you more sidequests). Also, the introduction only introduces the recent world setting, but to know more about ME's story in ME2 you'll need to either read the codexes or piece it together from dialogue. And since some events from ME1 will only happen if you choose them...

Suffice it to say, it's easier to simply play ME first, then import your character to ME2. Not only do you get the feel of the world being the one shaped by your actions from the first game, but you also get nice nifty in-game bonuses, like extra money, exp and minerals than if you chose to start from a new ME2 game.

... and it also allows you to acquire the "Long Service" Achievement with only a single ME2 playthrough

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 03:43   Link #519
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Kay thanks.... sounds as like its worth the investment then.
Old 2010-01-30, 04:05   Link #520
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
and I hope there is again no lesbian sex in ME3, just so people shut up and stop being obsessed over it. hell Liara isnt even a "female" to be exact it was just the best way to discribe their race. so in a way its not even lesbian sex.
Lesbian sex is beside the point. I simply want to be able to play a female character without being excluded from game content. I will not, cannot, sit through an entire game looking at (and worse in Mass Effect--listening to) my lame male character.

Would it have killed them to change a few he and hims to her and shes?
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioware, mass effect, mass effect 2