AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2012-08-26, 10:04   Link #361
Asuka0NK

All my progress I'm just keeping track of on a tumblr post here
http://finnyswonderworld.tumblr.com/...89917/progress
Old 2012-08-28, 22:49   Link #362
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

A few mistakes I wanted to point out in the updated tutorial:

-in the first tutorial I show an example of how to load sprites using the old method (with the $) instead of the new method (without the $)
-in the fourth tutorial I show the code "mov %Scenario_Number,5" when I then go on to talk about "mov %play_scene" (I wanted to talk about both but apparently I deleted the more relevant one)
-not a typo, but to clarify again that the tip "witch's letter" doesn't completely work in the example

I'll edit this post further if I or anyone else finds any more typos. I'll also try to write up some tutorials on how to include clickable buttons and choices, if anyone is interested.
Old 2012-08-28, 23:45   Link #363
TwilightsCall

Send a message via MSN to TwilightsCall
I would be very interested 8D
TwilightsCall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 18:45   Link #364
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Same here!
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 18:47   Link #365
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Mee too. Your tutorials are literaly a life-saver. I would never have attempted ONscripter if it weren't for those.

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 10:59   Link #366
Azule
Golden Witch

Send a message via AIM to Azule Send a message via MSN to Azule
I dunno if anyone still lurks here, but the first part of our Total Drama Island styled fanfic, Total Seacat Island has been released. You can find the site and download links here.
http://totalseacats.wordpress.com/
Old 2012-09-06, 12:17   Link #367
battle22

Yup ,Me and Azule Released The first two chapters of our VN, If anyone is interested here is the plot summery:26 Umineko Characters are going to compete on a crazy island. Every Chapter is going to Include Crazy challenges which The characters must overcome, They are splited in two teams , The loosing team will have to eliminate on of their teammates, There is drama, Humor, Trollin and above all Conflicts with the competitors themselves, Who will win and who will lose? Find out only On Total Seacat Island. Also
I really want Jan-po to read our VN , There is a reference of him and we were inspired from his wonderful VN, Also I would like to hear Auras Opinions on it DD
Old 2012-09-06, 12:59   Link #368
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
The Total Seacat Island page is missing some important information like:
1) What exactly is it? (Videos? A visual novel?)
2) (Assuming it's a visual novel): What do you need to run it?
- Is it Windows only (custom executable)? Multiplatform (such as ONScripter or maybe Ren'py)?
- Do you need a copy of Umineko for it to run?
- Does it have choices or is it essentially noninteractive?
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 13:02   Link #369
battle22

Ah sorry allow me to answer
1) Visual Novel
2)Onscripter
- Onscripter works for Windows only , But there are mac Versions of Onscripter as well
- No
- No choices
Old 2012-09-06, 17:32   Link #370
Captain Bluebeard

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to do this for a long time, but forgot....

Finally got around to finishing Jan-Poo's W&W. Just want to congratulate you, not only for the great fanfic, but also for having the patience to stick it out to the end. Well, all I have to say is good stuff, so I won't go in the details. (It ruled)

And, I also got my lazy ass up to continue the fourth ep of /seacats/ (I've really had a lazy summer with zero work completed in any field, even reading anything). Well, I really liked it for being something unexpected, but I felt a bit out of place since I was never too acquinted with any of the sites or people mentioned (except Aura, who by the way is definitely the sort of kickass villain I'd like in any sort of story. -Hey, AT, Captain's not making any insinuations about your character or anything, after all, who am I to? I'm only talking about the badass attitude of all your posts and your trollish avatar, okey dokey?)

And well, I feel my little grey cells knocked out, since I couldn't figure any of the mysteries in Inquisition, but just to protect my Captain's Code of Honor, let me say that I made shitty choises and ended up getting killed right after the first twilight. In the end, I ended up randomly picking for culprits.....

But I really enjoyed Inquisition (if I may add, my favorite one of your fan-EPs), and I really found the 'whydunnit' an original innovation that was worth expanding on. I just suck at making choises, that's all....

All in all, I want to thank all of you guys for the tons of inspiration you've given me for my own fangame, which I'm going to get tired of after writing the first chapter and drop for sure, but anyway, thank you for being your inspiring selves .

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-09-06, 20:15   Link #371
RandomAvatarFan

I too had only finished reading Board of the Golden Witch, and I do have a lot of the same feelings that Bluebeard felt: I wasn't really connected, and I guess at that point though, it wasn't really for the general public but as a ballad for the /seacats/ and GG specifically. But I really appreciated what was done.

I made some poor choices in Inquisition as well, but I guess I was able to recover enough at the end. I somehow got myself to narrow it down to a few people and then a lucky guess got me to it, along with the opportunity to revisit some things I hadn't checked before.

I will say that Trick was very tough, and I still don't quite understand what happened. I'm also not a fan of the interpretation of one of the Van Dine rules. It wasn't that important though because in the end, it still followed my interpretation of it, so it can't be all that bad.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
RandomAvatarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 22:58   Link #372
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Reaction to EP4 is pretty interesting for me to read about. While it's clear that it was intended for a specific audience, multiple people have told me how much they liked it, which was surprising. Of course, the majority seems to be 'it was interesting, but I wasn't familiar with the characters' which is what I expected to see.

As far as Inquisition goes, it also seems a majority of the people who play it end their game early at that choice.
Spoiler for Inqusition's answer, huge spoilers:

As for Trick, it's understandable, as a lot of stuff happened. Personally I don't think I provided enough clues, but I was aiming to make it super hard in the first place. I think I improved with Inquisition.
Spoiler for Trick's answer, huge spoilers:
Old 2012-09-07, 01:00   Link #373
battle22

I havent read Your VN yet But I plan to XD, I already have it downloaded. Anyway for people who are intrested in My and Azules VN, I started seeding the torrent again. ^^
Old 2012-09-07, 10:55   Link #374
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Okay, I finally finished reading Total Seacat Island and I freaking loved it. God tier humor and it kept me interested from the start to end.

One thing I have to say is that there are some typos here and there but that's the only fault I can find.
GabrieliosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 14:33   Link #375
battle22

Wow, Really? Thank you so much and We will fix that typos. Oh god thank you so much for reading it..

Last edited by battle22; 2012-09-08 at 04:20.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 04:21   Link #376
battle22

Okay, We just Added Direct Download links for Our VN ^^.
PS:Thank you all who downloaded it
Old 2012-09-08, 04:22   Link #377
Captain Bluebeard

I'm really looking forward to reading your VN, battle22! Only problem is, my PC can't download torrents, so I'll have to use my piece-of-junk old one (which is a total pain), but I promise I'll download it with the first chance I get.

Aaaaand, this post was made a minute after the direct links were added, so never mind! I'm donwloading right now......

It's tough to be blue...
Old 2012-09-08, 04:23   Link #378
battle22

Quote:
I'm really looking forward to reading your VN, battle22! Only problem is, my PC can't download torrents, so I'll have to use my piece-of-junk old one (which is a total pain), but I promise I'll download it with the first chance I get.
You don't need to, We just added the direct download links. XD and Thank you so much Captain. Btw I hope PS3 art wont get in the way, I know you prefer the PC art. XD
We used PS3 , Because it has different poses and a lot of sprites, Plus they look amazing XD

EDIT: Damn , The Upload corrupted the files and now it cannot be extracted.....*sigh*, Torrent is the only option we have I guess

Last edited by battle22; 2012-09-08 at 05:12.
battle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 06:24   Link #379
Captain Bluebeard

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle22 View Post
Btw I hope PS3 art wont get in the way, I know you prefer the PC art. XD
We used PS3 , Because it has different poses and a lot of sprites, Plus they look amazing XD
Don't worry, what I'm interested in is the story you guys wrote, not the art you used (Plus, it's not like I don't agree some of them do look amazing).

EDIT: I finished the first two chapters in one go, and let me say, you guys have done the hell of a good job! Bravo! Rosa was definitely one of the best characetrs, most of her lines had me rolling in laughter. Also, the custom BGMs you used were godly! (BTW, were the BGs from any cartoon by any chance?). Well done, this was a splending piece of work!

It's tough to be blue...

Last edited by Captain Bluebeard; 2012-09-08 at 13:50. Reason: Read Total Seacat Island
Old 2012-09-08, 14:11   Link #380
battle22

Quote:
I finished the first two chapters in one go, and let me say, you guys have done the hell of a good job! Bravo! Rosa was definitely one of the best characetrs, most of her lines had me rolling in laughter. Also, the custom BGMs you used were godly! (BTW, were the BGs from any cartoon by any chance?). Well done, this was a splending piece of work!
Thank you so much Captain and Rosa is my Personal Fave too. XDDD Bgs? They are made by me , Based on the Cartoon Called 'Total Drama Island' , We got Seacats Idea from it.