AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-09, 11:41   Link #1
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Yokokuhan

Quote:
The anti-cybercrime section of Tokyo is on the edge. A man wearing a newspaper mask posts videos online predicting the worst crimes: rapes, assaults, fires...

The twist? The day after, his prophecies have been completed on the front of the TV news. Who is he? How does he do this? What are his motivations, his ambitions?

It's the start of a race against time which leads the inspectors to an empty seat in a cybercafe in the outskirts of Tokyo... But while the investigation is blocked, the popular support grows around this mysterious figure. Dropouts, employees tyrannized by their hierarchy, web users accustomed to chat and forums discussions: more and more are finding themselves included in his fight!
Basically about someone who's trying to deliver justice to people who have wronged society in so many ways. But the police won't allow it and are trying to step up their game to arrest him.

Available in Japanese and French by Editions Ki-oon.

Spoiler for Some images:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2013-06-09, 14:04   Link #2
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, the people he tried to judge are indeed assholes, but some of them already got their life ruined due to their own misconduct already. I don't see the point of attacking someone already in their horrible time. The protagonist is just an asshole. He should choose his prey more carefully. In fact, he has no right to do so from the beginning.

I don't like this MC. I don't get his stupid point.
Old 2013-06-09, 22:18   Link #3
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I don't think it should be taken entirely like that, although I could agree with you at some point.

The manga, according to a French reader, seems like a techno thriller version of Death Note with some bits of reality mixed into it, which highlights some problems modern Japan is facing.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2013-06-10, 03:10   Link #4
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
I don't think it should be taken entirely like that, although I could agree with you at some point.

The manga, according to a French reader, seems like a techno thriller version of Death Note with some bits of reality mixed into it, which highlights some problems modern Japan is facing.
Well, Light starts with killing only terrible criminals and murderers first but he didn't kill people who caused other people death by accident.

He killed the FBIs and anyone who tried to stop his plan. Then he just decided to kill even lazy people.

Seriously, this MC is equally as bad as Light at his worst...

The very reason why he started it is because he got abused and ignored at his job. Bad luck. He's not the only one. But why didn't he avenge them directly instead of playing stupid judge on unrelated jerks?

Of course we can't take fiction seriously. I like Akumetsu because the corrupted politicians there are really horrible and they can't be judged by law. But this one, mehh. You'd like to beat up the guy who played a prank on you by adding cockroach into the food, and the asshole already got his business shut. But that guy still tried to punish him after he got his ass kicked anyway (in a mask so that no one would recognize him, how ironic). Also the guy who comment on twitter about the raped woman lost all his social standing already, yet he still got more after that, by another unrelated self-righteous asshole.

BTW, I don't see being able to use Java to be anything special for people in programming career. There are countless people who can that on different degree. It's a fact. The MC actually did his own self-inflicted damage.
Old 2013-06-10, 07:10   Link #5
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

I'm not sure, but isn't Java being used lately for some websites now?

IIRC, Paperboy started doing it after his mate at the dump got killed due to one kidney and the foreman acted apathetic to him.

Old 2013-06-10, 07:21   Link #6
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Sounds interesting. Stories where modern technology and the changing society take part always fascinate me.
Old 2013-06-10, 23:07   Link #7
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

If anything, the manga's like a social commentary taken to the extreme.

I'll go and read the new chapter later.

Old 2013-07-08, 07:01   Link #8
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Finally I was able to new chapter.

Spoiler for Story of chapter 9:

Old 2013-12-22, 18:50   Link #9
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Now licensed by Vertical. Ed's tumblr account says that the mangaka negotiated personally and gave them a good deal.

Closed Thread