AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Old 2013-09-29, 21:55   Link #21
lazydoggamer
Lazy and I know it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
I seriously don't get why they chose to make an original arc over Liberal Art City arc... seriously....
Because they enjoy feasting on tears of disappointment
Old 2013-09-29, 21:57   Link #22
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Pretty much yes.
Ahh what the hell.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 21:57   Link #23
Shinhwa
Banned

I just realized, if this does go past August 31, and goes into September 1 or 2, it makes less sense either because Kazakiri Hyouka arc happens at that time.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 21:59   Link #24
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
They tracked the amount of days that passed and it ended on the 31st. Maybe Haigon still has the image saved. Frankly it ending on September 1st or 2nd doesn't make this any better because that would imply that Misaka decided it was more important to spend an entire day with Touma to shake off some ranom boy, then to deal with an issue this big.

All of this could have been avoided if they had just had it happen in a few days time. If they had just paid any attention at all this could have been avoided.
You know what the weird thing is then... Considering that for the Sisters arc, they went as far as referencing material from the LNs and looking at other materials outside of the manga + a lot of hidden details in the manga and other cool additions, how could they have missed all of that? It doesn't really make sense to me. I mean the same director was doing both parts right? So why would one part be so much different from the other in respect to respecting the canon?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 22:00   Link #25
Shinhwa
Banned

Pretty much because Sisters Arc was actually prepared by Kamachi while Febli arc pretty much wasn't?
Old 2013-09-29, 22:04   Link #26
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Pretty much because Sisters Arc was actually prepared by Kamachi while Febli arc pretty much wasn't?
Thing is... the animation paid a lot of attention to details in the first arc.

In the second arc, not only didn't the animation pay that much attention to significant details (except maybe the Index Touma thing in episode 24 which was fricking cool BTW ) but also it messed up the timeline. Since Kamachi did write them about the story and they were so careful to fit it to what he said in the first part and because he was the one (this is officially known) that provided the story for the second part, why weren't they as careful in following it if it were true that he provided it? (Because HE DID PROVIDE IT) is Kamachi just like level 6, but not 7 yet?
Old 2013-09-29, 22:04   Link #27
Haigon

The thread where it began: http://toro.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/anime/1379766485/
Haigon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 22:07   Link #28
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Problem... How would she just be having a date when him when she has other things to do...? Or maybe love blinded her... Maybe that's why she flashed back to what his dream was ?
Old 2013-09-29, 22:14   Link #29
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Problem... How would she just be having a date when him when she has other things to do...? Or maybe love blinded her... Maybe that's why she flashed back to what his dream was ?
That's what everyone is saying. It was as if two Mikoto existed in the same timeline having a date with Touma and one being with Febli. The timeline conflict just made things not make sense.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:15   Link #30
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
In the end, even if Mikoto is naive about magic and other things, we don't actually know how naive she is in general. The railgun manga has shown her develop in terms of maturity arc by arc, so I'm not really sure she's supposed to be naive as people generally consider her to be...
She isn't. She was naive (really not any more than a usual middle schooler would be) until about the start of the sisters arc. People claim she's naive because she's not as involved in the darker side of things as other characters are an doesn't know about magic.

Quote:
You know what the weird thing is then... Considering that for the Sisters arc, they went as far as referencing material from the LNs and looking at other materials outside of the manga + a lot of hidden details in the manga and other cool additions, how could they have missed all of that? It doesn't really make sense to me. I mean the same director was doing both parts right? So why would one part be so much different from the other in respect to respecting the canon?
I think they just don't care. That's the only reason I can see.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:18   Link #31
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
This is where the problem arises. Nagai is actually trying to get us to believe that after Mikoto got tired and slept outside the exhibition, she went on the fake date with Touma because she was being stalked by Etzali who we never once saw at all. I was hoping for at least a nod to the fact that SHE WAS BEING STALKED.

Let's not forget that the events of the fake date started in the morning shortly after breakfast after she talked to Maika in the cafeteria.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:19   Link #32
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
That's what everyone is saying. It was as if two Mikoto existed in the same timeline having a date with Touma and one being with Febli. The timeline conflict just made things not make sense.
I found the answer. Mikoto called in one of her sisters to stand in for herself on the date with Touma so the plot could be fulfilled

But Ilidsor, why would they try so hard for part 1 though if they didn't care at all?

Also, Hiss13 I'm trying to resolve this now by watching it. If I can't find a resolution then darn...
Old 2013-09-29, 22:19   Link #33
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

This seems like such a big cluster fuck.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:25   Link #34
Shinhwa
Banned

I don't know what kind of rating Railgun S is going to receive because of the Febli Arc. Sisters Arc was full of epic but then Febli arc had to come in and make things go bad =A=
Old 2013-09-29, 22:31   Link #35
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
But Ilidsor, why would they try so hard for part 1 though if they didn't care at all?
They really only had to follow the manga exactly for that arc.
Old 2013-09-29, 22:31   Link #36
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

It's always a mixed reception when it comes to filler. I don't know if the entire rating will plummet though.
Old 2013-09-29, 23:06   Link #37
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

You know...if Konori was able to assemble a large portion of Judgement...why wasn't Gunha there? I mean...wasn't he a member of Judgement too? I'm sure he would join in if he could...
Old 2013-09-29, 23:11   Link #38
Ilidsor
Angelerator

No, that was a mistranslation in a summary a while back. He's got nothing to do with GREMLIN.
Old 2013-09-29, 23:17   Link #39
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
No, that was a mistranslation in a summary a while back. He's got nothing to do with
you mean Judgement.
Old 2013-09-29, 23:24   Link #40
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
No, that was a mistranslation in a summary a while back. He's got nothing to do with GREMLIN.
Why does GREMLIN suddenly popout?! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
It's always a mixed reception when it comes to filler. I don't know if the entire rating will plummet though.
I wouldn't say the entire rating will plummet, but I would say the entire rating will probably around 6/10 to 8/10 mostly because of how Febli arc ruined it.

Pretty much saying, Febli arc may have caused some minuses.