AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 48 63.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 6.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-21, 18:16   Link #61
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Maybe the only really odd part to this episode was the weird bit at the end. They seemed to have an issue with the lip sync there. Satsuki was clearly still moving her lips when she stopped talking and Ryuko started. Even Ryuko actually kept 'talking' even after her voice cut out.
Old 2014-03-21, 18:46   Link #62
takai
Easy Muffin

A strangely predictable episode. Still pretty good though. Gearing up for the final fight.
Old 2014-03-21, 19:04   Link #63
shalala

I would have liked if Iori was able to make 4 stars Goku outfits for the E4. Still they did look amazing. Gama was the best imo. Satsuki face after the high jacked credits was quite funny. It was drawn pretty badly.
Old 2014-03-21, 21:37   Link #64
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I would have liked if Iori was able to make 4 stars Goku outfits for the E4.
I don't think the stars denote anything but rank. If I'm understanding Iori's explanation correctly, Mako was picked for the first uniform because her individual potential was the best out of the five available choices. But the Elite Four are collectively stronger, obviously. So if you're in a rush to defend the ship, you pick the strongest person who just so happens to not require the most amount of fibers for their uniform. Mako's the perfect fit. If power was denoted by the stars, she wouldn't be as strong as she is and it wouldn't have made sense to give her a uniform before any of the Elites.
Old 2014-03-21, 22:48   Link #65
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I don't think the stars denote anything but rank. If I'm understanding Iori's explanation correctly, Mako was picked for the first uniform because her individual potential was the best out of the five available choices. But the Elite Four are collectively stronger, obviously. So if you're in a rush to defend the ship, you pick the strongest person who just so happens to not require the most amount of fibers for their uniform. Mako's the perfect fit. If power was denoted by the stars, she wouldn't be as strong as she is and it wouldn't have made sense to give her a uniform before any of the Elites.
Actually, going by CrunchyRoll's subs at least, the criteria which Iori/Inumuta were evaluating by was the greatest difference in combat potential between with suit and without suit. So Mako's not the most individually powerful, but she is powerful enough that the difference surpasses the gain each elite four acquires when they put on their suits.
Old 2014-03-21, 23:11   Link #66
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Actually, going by CrunchyRoll's subs at least, the criteria which Iori/Inumuta were evaluating by was the greatest difference in combat potential between with suit and without suit. So Mako's not the most individually powerful, but she is powerful enough that the difference surpasses the gain each elite four acquires when they put on their suits.
but in the end this still means who mako with a 2 stars goku is strong enough to individual rivals any 3 star elite, this means who not just the cloth but the person also is what matter, something like "how the person can sincronize with the cloth", let's say even mako with a 1 star goku can be strong enough to beat a 2 stars.
Old 2014-03-22, 00:18   Link #67
Nvis
Where are the good animes

So Hououmaru is human and used as a power source?

Still wondering how she survived getting split in two by Satsuki awhile back.
Old 2014-03-22, 00:49   Link #68
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
but in the end this still means who mako with a 2 stars goku is strong enough to individual rivals any 3 star elite, this means who not just the cloth but the person also is what matter, something like "how the person can sincronize with the cloth", let's say even mako with a 1 star goku can be strong enough to beat a 2 stars.
I think we're all saying the same things. Mako is basically a three star equivalent, is the point. But she doesn't need the revisions the Elite get. She's strong enough that a two star uniform does the job, which saves on time making it so more time (and fibers) can be spent on everyone else.

So the plan is she gets the uniform, stalls until the Elite get theirs, they take over when she can't stall anymore. In the end the point is the same: Mako is pretty damn strong. The show makes of direct point of this when they flash her stats. 9999 = can't go higher. 0000 = Mako's brain though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
So Hououmaru is human and used as a power source?

She doesn't have to be (fully) human. If she's made of fibers, or at least enhanced by them, Nui could have used her as the last piece that completes the suit. Nui's screwed up enough to do that, and neither Ragyo or Hououmaru would care. In their warped minds, it's probably an honor.

We've seen Ragyo display a mastery of the fibers in several ways, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Hououmaru was just another test subject.
Old 2014-03-22, 02:20   Link #69
Iron Maw
Banned

Power ups.

Power ups and trump cards everywhere.

Not quite as good as last week for me since the setup felt a bit forced in comparison, but still fun for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
This episode reminded me of Gurren Lagann with all the cast fighting together in pure badassery. However, I would find it weird if somebody dies in the finale considering not a single cast member died in the previous 23 episodes.
I feel like that characters here are too malleable compared to TTGLs to actually die.
Old 2014-03-22, 03:57   Link #70
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Easy. She didn't get split in half. How many ninja-type characters have we seen over the years that have some kind of attack-avoidance ability that manifests as looking like they took the attack? Some kind of shadow clone, or substitution, or even a variation of the typical flash-step ability; all of those have been used in the past by ludicrously skilled, but otherwise completely human characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
She doesn't have to be (fully) human. If she's made of fibers, or at least enhanced by them, Nui could have used her as the last piece that completes the suit. Nui's screwed up enough to do that, and neither Ragyo or Hououmaru would care. In their warped minds, it's probably an honor.
Ragyo was talking to Satsuki during her incarceration about using her for Shinra-Koketsu, remember, and Satsuki, as skilled as she is, is still only human. Most likely Rei is just being used as some kind of human sacrifice to power up the suit.
Old 2014-03-22, 10:56   Link #71
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Love how Satsuki's strongest weapons are still those four...
Old 2014-03-22, 11:38   Link #72
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
1) is hardly Trigger's fault, I think they have done wonderfully for being at their first show. Give 'em time, for the next series they'll have more money and we'll get some sakuga. For 2), I honestly felt that for an action/shonen series this had a good focus on side characters - Mako and the Elite Four mostly. It wasn't just the Ryuuko show, is what I mean. About 3), yeah, they could have planned this better. An occasionally sloppy writing is probably the biggest flaw that keeps Kill la Kill from outright perfection.
not really blaming trigger, just hoping for this anime to be remade in hd .As for the focus on the side characters i don't agree. We only get focus on them when one of the two sisters is involved otherwise we dont get much about them.In this episode they could have shown a little more about the elite four for exemple and it would have been really epic.Not hating on the anime cause i love it but it could have been way better if they could get a better writer and a little of budget.
Old 2014-03-22, 14:07   Link #73
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimoon View Post
not really blaming trigger, just hoping for this anime to be remade in hd .As for the focus on the side characters i don't agree. We only get focus on them when one of the two sisters is involved otherwise we dont get much about them.In this episode they could have shown a little more about the elite four for exemple and it would have been really epic.Not hating on the anime cause i love it but it could have been way better if they could get a better writer and a little of budget.
Hm, well, it's just that I think that the relatively lesser focus on side-characters is actually a choice, because it's quite typical of shonen shows. These kind of shows are usually all hero-antihero-villain and a bunch of expendable allies and mooks. In this perspective, Mako and the Elite Four got some focus (though no character development at all, except partly for Sanageyama and Mako in episodes 6 and 7). But yeah, I didn't really expect that anyway. Though for being a "battle series turned into character drama", well ...

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2014-03-22, 20:16   Link #74
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Excellent episode...but damn the death flags were a-flyin'

The ending was a surprise though. Fuckin' Ragyou must've taken tips from Aizen on how to trololol

And I cracked up hard at Nui hijacking the ending...HEEEE....
Old 2014-03-22, 22:20   Link #75
Derposaurs
Kill la kill <3

I so upset!

But now the thing is ANOTHER DAMN GOOD ANIME IS GOING TO END!
Old 2014-03-22, 23:37   Link #76
Mangaka-chan

I wonder if Rei has any ulterior motives for wanting the shinra koketsu to be completed. She seem very willing to give up her life for Ragyo's plans, but that makes me suspicious of her...what is she really after?
Old 2014-03-23, 09:38   Link #77
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
I wonder if Rei has any ulterior motives for wanting the shinra koketsu to be completed. She seem very willing to give up her life for Ragyo's plans, but that makes me suspicious of her...what is she really after?
Maybe she's just the blood offering.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2014-03-24, 10:10   Link #78
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
I just find it odd that Rei would just be some sacrificial lamb. I mean she's shown that she has some level of power, but to just see her stand aside I'm wondering if she does have some role to play or was she just some disposable character. And folks are still puzzled about the eye thing. If that eye doesn't generate and prove folks wrong of right based on what some have been speculating, then Trigger rushed things.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2014-03-24, 14:11   Link #79
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I'm calling it, its going to be a bloodbath and Satsuki will bite the dust. She is the nobunaga of the series and that kendo guy is the Hideoshi...can't spell his name.
Old 2014-03-24, 14:44   Link #80
Ickarium

Pretty sure that they meant the Honnouji to be a pun on Honno-ji and Nobunaga, yeah. However, I think it more likely that, if anything, Ragyo is Nobunaga and Rei or Nui wil be the Mitsuhide (Hideyoshi never betrayed Nobunaga). If it wasn't Satsuki, already.