AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-04-30, 11:24   Link #41
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Deliberately. Everything was literally manipulated by her, meaning not just Arato but those around him and the circumstances they were in, everything that led up to when she was about to implement the mass hack of human society....they were all calculated and planned out by her well in advance.

Yes. That was the most important point actually. At that moment she decided to act on the basis that humans could be trusted and set her aim as making a world where humans and AI can have mutual trust. It's also seen when Arato still did not turn away from her and kept his responsibility as her owner even after she is revealed to be a super-AI and a potential threat to humanity
That is one scary ass waifu. Everything? Including the actions and plots of everyone else like Methode?

Someone said Marriage was the only one who survives in the end. How does the story end for Arato? How do things end for society?
Old 2018-04-30, 12:41   Link #42
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
That is one scary ass waifu. Everything? Including the actions and plots of everyone else like Methode?

Someone said Marriage was the only one who survives in the end. How does the story end for Arato? How do things end for society?
Spoiler:
Old 2018-04-30, 13:34   Link #43
Rnzlr

So how did Marriage survive? Why wasn't she disassembled?

Last edited by Rnzlr; 2018-04-30 at 14:10.
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-30, 20:55   Link #44
bakato

Quote:
Spoiler:
Sad? We barely know Snow Drop who runs around causing a ruckus and Methode's kind of a bitch.

Phew. I thought this was gonna be a bad ending.

Where is Arato's dad in all this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnzlr View Post
So how did Marriage survive? Why wasn't she disassembled?
Her owner is a neutral party and Marriage is meant to construct the environment so I guess they just avoided all the fuss.
Old 2018-05-01, 07:58   Link #45
Rnzlr

I still don't get it. Does Lacia have human emotions, can she really feel joy, love etc or she is just pretending all the time? Wtf with that scene where she is blushing?
Old 2018-05-01, 17:49   Link #46
bakato

Quote:
I still don't get it. Does Lacia have human emotions, can she really feel joy, love etc or she is just pretending all the time? Wtf with that scene where she is blushing?
Lacia is not human.
Old 2018-05-01, 21:03   Link #47
PhoenixRising

Quote:
Let's just say, that she can feel something similar to emotions, I'm not really sure she develops real ones.
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 00:56   Link #48
Rnzlr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
Let's just say, that she can feel something similar to emotions, I'm not really sure she develops real ones.
Hasn't this point been explained in LN?
Old 2018-05-02, 01:15   Link #49
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Sad? We barely know Snow Drop who runs around causing a ruckus and Methode's kind of a bitch.

Phew. I thought this was gonna be a bad ending.

Where is Arato's dad in all this?
Helping to deal with the fallout using the Mikoto-style hIE political system. Since the government had collapsed as a result of the above events, the provisional government could not adequately deal with things so he was helping them out.

Yes, but when you realize just how futile both Methode and Snow Drop's struggle is....Especially when they are so broken because they are built like that...Methode's last moments are essentially "LOOK AT ME! WHY DOES NO ONE LOOK AT ME!!?" but it really cannot be said to be entirely her fault、especially since Higgins built her off a failed prediction of human behaviour. Same thing for Snow Drop.

Quote:
All her physical reactions are just analog hack for the purpose of communicating with people. But for her feelings towards Arato, it's akin to deep mutual trust, such that Arato describes it as them being a composite unit. So I would say it's close enough to a human bond, just minus all that emotional claptrap that people usually include in their relations. When she says she loves Arato back, it's clear that it's an analog hack for communication and that she does not feel actual human passion but at the same time she also really means it on her level.
Old 2018-05-02, 03:05   Link #50
Rnzlr

Ok. Thank you for explanation. For some reason I have more sympathy even for Methode now. Sneaky bitch.
Old 2018-05-02, 07:51   Link #51
Triok123

As someone said, Lacia is one scary hell of a waifu...I guess when in anime said that she was supposed to be the Lacia 00, it means to be one hell of supercomputer that can hack the living crap of people...now I feel that Ryou may not be that bad, trying to help his friend not to become robosexual.

@Cosmic Eagle
how is possible that sudenly a new lacia appeared in his house..I mean who made it?Higgin again?

Last edited by Triok123; 2018-05-02 at 09:59.
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-02, 12:10   Link #52
bakato

Quote:
Helping to deal with the fallout using the Mikoto-style hIE political system. Since the government had collapsed as a result of the above events, the provisional government could not adequately deal with things so he was helping them out.

Yes, but when you realize just how futile both Methode and Snow Drop's struggle is....Especially when they are so broken because they are built like that...Methode's last moments are essentially "LOOK AT ME! WHY DOES NO ONE LOOK AT ME!!?" but it really cannot be said to be entirely her fault、especially since Higgins built her off a failed prediction of human behaviour. Same thing for Snow Drop.
I meant what was he doing during the whole story. Did he never find out that a dangerous super AI was living with his children?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triok123 View Post
As someone said, Lacia is one scary hell of a waifu...I guess when in anime said that she was supposed to be the Lacia 00, it means to be one hell of supercomputer that can hack the living crap of people...now I feel that Ryou may not be that bad, trying to help his friend not to become robosexual.

@Cosmic Eagle
how is possible that sudenly a new lacia appeared in his house..I mean who made it?Higgin again?
He already answered that. Lacia was erased and left behind the basis for the new system that replaced Higgins. It's obvious that these remains constructed a new Lacia and sent her to Arato.
Old 2018-05-04, 08:58   Link #53
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I meant what was he doing during the whole story. Did he never find out that a dangerous super AI was living with his children?
Oh, yeah he did and he contacted Arato before the end saying he supported him because he did not wish to take the ticket to the future from his hands. Essentially, since even the adults had no clue what to do he can only leave it to his son who was in that position to make the difference

And more central to the plot.....Endou Kouzou's projects most notably the Matsuri project, was what triggered Higgins to create Eliza.

Speaking of super AI, the whole civilization is already puppets to the many other super AI around besides Lacia, most notably Higgins. What Lacia did at the end is effectively to replace Higgins' system with a more mutually beneficient and healthy one

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2018-05-04 at 09:44.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 11:04   Link #54
Rnzlr

That's a fucked up world they are living in. Why robots didn't kill all people anyway? They are useless at this point.
Old 2018-05-04, 11:37   Link #55
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Because the AI are still bound to human society. Higgins acted to dominate human society because of self-preservation. Austrea entrenched itself into IAIA because it was a mutually symbiotic relationship. Ariake caused the First Hazard because it acted on its own whim to redirect essential power to itself in the midst of a natural disaster resulting in many deaths and eventually the Japanese military had to destroy it by missile strike, yet it happened simply because Ariake was given a task too great for it to handle, not out of malice.
Old 2018-05-04, 16:45   Link #56
bakato

If there's any fault, it lies with the imperfect creators.

Why was Higgins obsessed with name Lacia?
Old 2018-05-04, 18:22   Link #57
Rnzlr

Anime is so bad... Is this just a bad adaptation or LN is the same inconsistent mess?
Old 2018-05-04, 23:35   Link #58
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Anime is so bad... Is this just a bad adaptation or LN is the same inconsistent mess?
What do you mean by inconsistent? The anime is quite condensed but I don't think anything in it is contradictory?
Old 2018-05-05, 02:38   Link #59
Rnzlr

Quote:
What do you mean by inconsistent? The anime is quite condensed but I don't think anything in it is contradictory?
I mean it's 14th episodes already but what is this story about? I still don't get it. Romantic relatioship between robot and human? Degradation of humanity? How AI creation can change society? Philosophy of artificial intelligence like can machine have emotions, consciousness etc? It's like they tried to do all of that but failed in everything. No character development. Their motives? Why do they do what they do? They are all shallow, one dimensional. Tool for the Outsourcers, Tool for expansion of humanity. What's that supposed to mean? They just run around and create disturbance. I don't know maybe it's just me. It feels so slow and boring at this point. It's a pity that LN wasn't translated.
Old 2018-05-05, 09:47   Link #60
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Ah, then I see what you mean....the book is the same but such topics work in written form because you can ponder them as you read. It doesn't translate well to animated format admittedly, and also some explanatory part was cut in the show. They already tried making it clearer actually. Watarai's video info dump only happened at the last part in the book but that's because a lot of the earlier parts had explanations + the fact much of the character dialogue is more easily absorbed as prose than a 20 minute episode

Tags
artificial intelligence, romance, sci-fi