AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-02, 03:54   Link #1
NeoSam

Denpa teki na Kanojo

The shounen(boy's) light novel series Denpa teki na Kanojo by Katayama Kentarou (author) and Yamamoto Yamato (illustrator) will be getting animated.

電波的な彼女
Denpa teki na Kanojo

The light novel series is published under the shounen(boy's) light novel label Super Dash Bunko.
Currently there are 3 volumes released of this light novel series.

Covers:

Spoiler:

Author: Katayama Kentarou
Illustrator: Yamamoto Yamato

(Katayama Kentarou and Yamamoto Yamato authored/illustrated the Kure-nai light novel series which got animated.)

Super Dash Bunko's page for the light novel series:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/-denpa/index.html

Genre: Shounen

Spoiler for other boy's light novels that got animated:

Last edited by NeoSam; 2008-09-02 at 10:19.
NeoSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 06:53   Link #2
Tri-ring

This will be interesting but I wonder how far the animators are willing to go.
The first novel is about a wacko serial killer on a killing spree.

The female protagonist, Ochibana Ame was out there too.
"Denpateki" roughly means "hearing transmission".

Quick start passing out the tinfoil hats.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 07:53   Link #3
asrielchase

I love the novels, love them more than ~kurenai~
but just to clarify things, the novels aren't finished yet. The writer's just taking a break from it to work on kurenai. The 4th one will probably come out next year.

anyway I hope this will be good! been waiting for a long time for it to get animated!
asrielchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 10:17   Link #4
NeoSam

I saw that the third volume was released in July 2005, so it seemed to me that it was finished >_<

Anyway, thanks asrielchase for the info I changed the info in the opening post.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:12   Link #5
bramabull4316

hmm seems interesting cause its the author of Kure-nai. Can anyone that read the light novels give a quick review of what it is about?
bramabull4316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 12:03   Link #6
Avisch
Reality Blender

I would also like that. ANN said that the novels crossover with Kure-nai, and the main character is named Juu and his family name is Juuzawa (and I don't a genius is required to see that this hints to him being related to Benika is some way).

Will Brain Base return to animate? Cause that would be great.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-02, 12:55   Link #7
asrielchase

Kure-nai and Denpateki kind of shares the same "universe", but since our male protagonist Juuzawa Juu is a normal high school student, the world we see through his eyes is much more normal than the one in Kure-nai.

Characters are related, like Juu and Benika, but the stories are not. And the time is different too, around 10 years forward, from speculation. So I'm dying to see a grown up Murasaki (highly unlikely though)
Old 2008-09-02, 16:54   Link #8
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
Kure-nai and Denpateki kind of shares the same "universe", but since our male protagonist Juuzawa Juu is a normal high school student, the world we see through his eyes is much more normal than the one in Kure-nai.

Characters are related, like Juu and Benika, but the stories are not. And the time is different too, around 10 years forward, from speculation. So I'm dying to see a grown up Murasaki (highly unlikely though)
Yeah, Benika's favorite past time at home, beating the crap out of her son.
Then I guess Juu is the one who is always provoking it so Benika is not the one to blame.

I read in an interview that Shinkuro may gain a cameo appearance in his future Denpateki novels so I would keep my hopes up for Murasaki as well.

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2008-09-03 at 01:01.
Old 2008-09-04, 00:44   Link #9
Tri-ring

I went out and bought the latest edition of SQ to see if there were anything new about the animation.
They only had a page that says planning for animation under way. Please wait as new information arrives with advertisement of the pervious novels.
This is so frustrating.
On the bright side they also had a page advertising the release of the Kure-nai vids with a interesting picture of Murasaki wearing a very familar outfit. (Post card for second video)
I wonder if she is declaring rivalry against Kusano.

http://www.samidareso.com/release.html
Old 2008-09-04, 01:06   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Off-topic, but this is the first time I saw the Kure-nai DVDs... Love the individual covers for each of them Especially the one with Ginko... If only there was really such a moment... >.>

Now back on topic, so this series is suppose to be 10 years from Kure-nai? Wow, I was under the impression that it is running parallel with it...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-05, 07:25   Link #11
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Now back on topic, so this series is suppose to be 10 years from Kure-nai? Wow, I was under the impression that it is running parallel with it...
I was anticipating for asrielchase to answer your call but,, in any case.
As s/he wrote it is just a speculation on how far in the future this series is foward in time compared to Kure-nai only to know that it is staged in the future.

Spoiler for Hint:

Last edited by Tri-ring; 2008-09-05 at 08:33.
Old 2008-09-24, 06:55   Link #12
Tri-ring

For those interested, I have up-loaded the illustration within the novel as an album in my profile.

Follow link to view.
http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?albumid=876
Old 2008-12-04, 08:10   Link #13
Tri-ring

Looks as if things are moving ahead.

http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/topics/0812_mediamix.html

It says the animators are Brainbase
and the VAs are;
Juzawa Ju      Hosoya Yoshimasa
Ochibana Ame   Hirohashi Ryo
Ochibana Hikari  Yoshidsumi Kozue
Mitsuki Miya     Kobayashi Yu
Fujisaki Kanako  Sato Akemi

Director        Kannbe Mamoru
Old 2008-12-05, 16:50   Link #14
Avisch
Reality Blender

Thanks Tri-ring

Juu's seiyu is having his first major role.
Character designer is different from Kure-nai. For better or for worse.

One crazy B****
Avisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 00:18   Link #15
reptar300

Are the kure nai and denpa teki na kanjo light novels in english? because i would really love to read them and I dont think ill be able to learn japanese fluently enough to read the books anytime this lifetime

Also even if there not in english does anyone know where i can buy them?

Last edited by reptar300; 2008-12-22 at 17:43.
reptar300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-15, 20:24   Link #16
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
You could make use of your "edit" button as not to double post.

As for the answer to your question about where to purchase, here.
Old 2009-01-09, 19:12   Link #17
Tri-ring

They announced a Promotion vid.

http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/topics/denpadvd.html
Old 2009-02-05, 14:39   Link #18
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

DVD release is scheduled for 1 May, to accompany v3 of Kurenai. But episode1 is already being streamed on Bandai Channel (Feb 4-8). You have to register for Bandai Channel, but the streamed file has shown up elsewhere, fortunately.

I really enjoyed the episode. An interesting story. Decent, occasionally excellent, animation. Decent voice-acting. Hirohashi Ryou as the title character was outstanding, I thought. A wonderful version of the slightly dead Nagato Yuki voice. Couldn't imagine a voice much different from her Kyou in Clannad.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 17:36   Link #19
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Hirohashi Ryou as the title character was outstanding, I thought. A wonderful version of the slightly dead Nagato Yuki voice. Couldn't imagine a voice much different from her Kyou in Clannad.
Have you watched Bamboo Blade? It's pretty much the voice she used there. I couldn't stop thinking about Tama-chan.

Anyway, awesome episode. Nice plot. Even though it was a little graphic at times, the story demanded it. And Ame is quite cute in her weird way.

Here is hoping for more.
Nemo_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-05, 18:01   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I only watched a couple of episodes of Bamboo Blade. The rest is on my future watch list.

The graphic stuff was a bit shocking, but worked in context.

The character of Ame, probably partly because of her hair always covering her eyes, reminded me of the manga Mysterious Girlfriend X.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen