AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-04-02, 21:12   Link #41
Tokugashi
Masou-shouju/Zombie/Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsypher View Post
I think it's safe to expect episode 14 at the end of this month and the final episode at the end of May.
Thank you! +rep. You don't have to answer this question since it's kinda unrelated, but does it normally take that long for OVA's to come out?
Old 2011-04-02, 21:14   Link #42
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugashi View Post
Thank you! +rep. You don't have to answer this question since it's kinda unrelated, but does it normally take that long for OVA's to come out?
It just depends what kind of schedule whatever OVA decides to follow. The OreImo OVAs are following a 1 per month schedule airing online at the end of each month.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-02, 21:18   Link #43
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokugashi View Post
What Xacual said. But I'd generally say OVAs take several months to be released, normally. And well, I'd treat OreImou more of an OAD than an OVA.
Old 2011-04-03, 02:29   Link #44
Siggrodoth

I have a question about the sixth volume, may be spoilerish

Spoiler for Volume 6:

Thanks
Old 2011-04-03, 04:31   Link #45
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Question:
I heard "true route" was actually following the original light novel. But then it does not make sense how the character in the LN tittle (Kirino) suddenly will be out of the picture for a year or more so....

Is the development actually feels nature? Or the author just pull it up as the story progress and hence just like "How's i met your mother", where the mother basically does not resurface from the season 2-3 onward?
Old 2011-04-03, 04:43   Link #46
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Question:
I heard "true route" was actually following the original light novel. But then it does not make sense how the character in the LN tittle (Kirino) suddenly will be out of the picture for a year or more so....

Is the development actually feels nature? Or the author just pull it up as the story progress and hence just like "How's i met your mother", where the mother basically does not resurface from the season 2-3 onward?
Kirino really did leave for a novel. The main character isn't Kirino, it's Kyousuke so of course it's possible for her to be gone and the story to go on.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2011-04-03, 06:57   Link #47
Maugomale

Quote:
Question:
Just for some months, not a whole year, but yeah.

The true route follows the events of volume 5, and more than half of it is centered around Kuroneko. That doesn't mean, however, that Kirino's fully out of the picture, because:

Spoiler:

I trust it will cover it up to that point. Can't have a season finale without the main female character, right?
Old 2011-04-03, 07:00   Link #48
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Kirino really did leave for a novel. The main character isn't Kirino, it's Kyousuke so of course it's possible for her to be gone and the story to go on.
Kirino is in the tittle name through. That's the whole point here.

My guess is the name was really picked up to mislead the audience on the novel content, as the name indicated the story to go around a huge siscon theme. But we don't have any "complexes" from Kyousuke, and now don't have "sister" as well

Edit: @Maugomale: maybe they should have a different name for these eps like the case of Railgun. That's will reduce the confusion into next season. IMO at least
Old 2011-04-03, 08:50   Link #49
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

Quote:
Kirino is in the tittle name through. That's the whole point here.

My guess is the name was really picked up to mislead the audience on the novel content, as the name indicated the story to go around a huge siscon theme. But we don't have any "complexes" from Kyousuke, and now don't have "sister" as well

Edit: @Maugomale: maybe they should have a different name for these eps like the case of Railgun. That's will reduce the confusion into next season. IMO at least
I don't know about the case of index/railgun (only watched seven episodes of index before I got bored), but the ova/bonus espidoes/whatever you call them are part of the canon storyline. If there is going to be a 2nd season, they will be following these episodes. Besides, even though Kirino is not in the story right now, she is still a supporting factor in the story. There's no confusion.
Old 2011-04-23, 21:27   Link #50
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Will Kirino get a real boyfriend?
Old 2011-04-23, 22:48   Link #51
RegalStar
Mishaguji-sama

No idea. In fact, there hadn't even been any suitable male characters introduced for that role (any more than Kyousuke anyways).
Old 2011-04-24, 00:21   Link #52
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
I'm not sure that is even relevant to the story (at least for now). The story has always been from Kyousuke's point of view and his relationships with the other people in the story.
Old 2011-04-28, 05:52   Link #53
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameruka View Post
Why not? Someone from America.

===

A more relevant question:

When will Kirino come back? OR, when is a good time for her to do so? Speculate.
Old 2011-05-05, 21:14   Link #54
Kaiba

Not really an Ore no Imouto question, but something I noticed.

Dropped it for a while, and then restarted it. And something I'm completely befuddled about are the prices of these games. I know, it's Japan. But as I was there last semester in study abroad, I didn't see a single game above, say, 7000 yen. Now these were normal games ( aka. Black Ops or Europa Universalis), but are the games that Kirino buys really as much as 9000 yen? And well, why? I'd figure if you compare it to say, Starcraft II, that Starcraft was more difficult to make and demand for Starcraft would be higher than some imouto game. I can't fathom paying over $100 for something like those things.

Last edited by Kaiba; 2011-05-05 at 23:28.
Old 2011-05-05, 23:14   Link #55
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
but are the games that Kirino buys really as much as 9000 yen?.
the answer is yes.
Old 2011-05-06, 02:59   Link #56
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Not really an Ore no Imouto question, but something I noticed.

Dropped it for a while, and then restarted it. And something I'm completely befuddled about are the prices of these games. I know, it's Japan. But as I was there last semester in study abroad, I didn't see a single game above, say, 7000 yen. Now these were normal games ( aka. Black Ops or Europa Universalis), but are the games that Kirino buys really as much as 9000 yen? And well, why? I'd figure if you compare it to say, Starcraft II, that Starcraft was more difficult to make and demand for Starcraft would be higher than some imouto game. I can't fathom paying over $100 for something like those things.
Visual novels have extremely low volume sales in comparison with the average Big Game.... 5000 to 10000 unit sales would be pretty good. Like any "special niche" product, low volume translates to higher cost per unit.

And frankly, yeah, I've purchased a couple of them but see no reason to add more. For my perspective, its very old technology... I think it'd be fascinating if they took the modern tech of the Dragon Age series and applied it to a visual novel (of course, I joke that Dragon Age *IS* a visual novel... or at least a visual novel RPG... something like Utawarerumono was).
Old 2011-05-06, 03:42   Link #57
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Visual novels have extremely low volume sales in comparison with the average Big Game.... 5000 to 10000 unit sales would be pretty good. Like any "special niche" product, low volume translates to higher cost per unit.
Depends on the size of the developer. The 40Ksales for the first part of EF were considered weaker than expected and the major Key/Leaf/Type-Moon releases can easily break 100K. That said, I think that five or ten thousand is considered good for a small developer.

In many cases I get the impression that the games are just a way of wrapping a story around some very high quality artwork, although some games have impressive storylines as well (Ever 17, etc.).

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2011-05-06, 04:03   Link #58
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

And frankly, yeah, I've purchased a couple of them but see no reason to add more. For my perspective, its very old technology... I think it'd be fascinating if they took the modern tech of the Dragon Age series and applied it to a visual novel (of course, I joke that Dragon Age *IS* a visual novel... or at least a visual novel RPG... something like Utawarerumono was).
for me, I find it only worthwhile to get the limited editions for the freebies which are not available through electronic means, and only from the top companies among the hundreds (or maybe even thousands). though at times, the freebies suck. sometimes, I take into consideration the CV. Sakurai Harumi Kazane is one of those I would consider. though even to date, I don't have that many of them (certainly less than Kirino), since the proxy and shipping costs can be really high, almost 50% of the actual thing at times.

EDIT: actually, thinking carefully, it's not really that pricey, a LN volume costs about 500 to 700 yen. for high quality VNs, a heroine's arc is about two to three volumes of LN, by my estimate based on my LN reading speed and the time to finish a route. Minus 20-30% maybe, since VN is slower as I wait for the voices to finish (usually). do the math, it's really not that bad. of course games, have much higher turnovers, so they can afford lower the profit margin for each unit.
Old 2011-05-12, 04:17   Link #59
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Why not? Someone from America.

===

A more relevant question:

When will Kirino come back? OR, when is a good time for her to do so? Speculate.
I would say sometime after Kyousuke and Kuroneko are together as a couple. If she were to come back when they're well into a relationship, it would be quite the shock for her, and I want to see Kuroneko tell Kirino quite clearly: GTFO, Kyousuke's mine Besides, she's got her american bf to take care of her quirky needs :P
Old 2011-05-13, 16:07   Link #60
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
I would say sometime after Kyousuke and Kuroneko are together as a couple. If she were to come back when they're well into a relationship, it would be quite the shock for her, and I want to see Kuroneko tell Kirino quite clearly: GTFO, Kyousuke's mine Besides, she's got her american bf to take care of her quirky needs :P
That scenario would be more than enough to put me to tears of lol.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a