AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > No Game No Life

Notices

Old 2014-05-08, 01:05   Link #41
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Yea, the tilted bed hinted at the secret door. They left out the majority of the chapter, but made sure to include that since its relevance is noteworthy.
I'm not talking about that. I think it was near the end of the chat with Steph, Sora says something like "we're lacking the key to the one door out that we can see".

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 04:17   Link #42
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I'm not talking about that. I think it was near the end of the chat with Steph, Sora says something like "we're lacking the key to the one door out that we can see".
I missed that. Good eye. I was focusing more on stuff that was left out. lol That's what happens when I get pessimistic about details.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 10:42   Link #43
Shadow5YA

Quote:
The left out discussion about the low literacy rate also robbed the anime of some useful world-building elements. That'd have painted a better picture of things if it were included.
It was already heavily implied when there was no library or bookstore in town.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 11:10   Link #44
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It was already heavily implied when there was no library or bookstore in town.
Implying it & having a detailed discussion about it are two different things. Implications leave the viewers to assume information, whereas the detailed convo would confirm the info & expand on the world-building.

The conversation isn't exactly plot relevant because it was mentioned & resolved in the same volume, but personally, I found that it showed just how dire Imanity's situation was. With the anime, that direness loses a bit of significance.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-08, 13:40   Link #45
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
Actually, is 10% literacy rate considered low? 10% is already like everyone or two household would have someone that can read/write, which combined with the total population of 3 million, there would be 300k of people know how to read/write, and additionally, their country is pre-industrialization mode with nobles and books are human written only...
You have to also consider their literacy level as well. Among those 10%, how many achieve elementary level literacy? High school level? Perhaps there are even less than 1% that reach high school level.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 13:56   Link #46
kukuru

Quote:
Implying it & having a detailed discussion about it are two different things. Implications leave the viewers to assume information, whereas the detailed convo would confirm the info & expand on the world-building.

The conversation isn't exactly plot relevant because it was mentioned & resolved in the same volume, but personally, I found that it showed just how dire Imanity's situation was. With the anime, that direness loses a bit of significance.
Not exactly. The anime puts the barest hints at it, so that only perceptive viewers are able to see it. While the LN spells it out for you, which many LNs do.

That's always been the process of anime to LN.

The details have are very minor to the over all storyline and the games. Humanity literacy or not makes no difference to [ ] game battling.

Besides in almost all respects, the anime is almost purely to promote the book sales anyway.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 04:58   Link #47
chadrew
Fullmetal Ballchemist

About the upcoming game. How do you think they're going to explain the whole thing with air, atmosphere, etc. without narration?
chadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 05:38   Link #48
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrew View Post
About the upcoming game. How do you think they're going to explain the whole thing with air, atmosphere, etc. without narration?
I was pretty sure that most physics/science classes in junior high school (at least mine did) touched upon the components of air, the atmospheric pressure, gravity, how sound travels and the structure of the earth. While the average person may not understand those topics completely, they should have some rough knowledge of those and don't require a explanation.

The only topic that goes beyond junior high school level is Coulomb's law, which may require a brief explanation.
However, I don't expect a full explanation of all relevant laws that take place in the game, so the anime studio may just gloss over them.
Old 2014-05-11, 10:59   Link #49
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
I was pretty sure that most physics/science classes in junior high school (at least mine did) touched upon the components of air, the atmospheric pressure, gravity, how sound travels and the structure of the earth. While the average person may not understand those topics completely, they should have some rough knowledge of those and don't require a explanation.

The only topic that goes beyond junior high school level is Coulomb's law, which may require a brief explanation.
However, I don't expect a full explanation of all relevant laws that take place in the game, so the anime studio may just gloss over them.
....up till the level of coulomb's law, we should only be able to hear soundtrack...
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 12:40   Link #50
Awrya
U mad?

Don't think someone has mentioned it before, but when Tet summoned Sora and Shiro into his world in episode 1, didn't he also show the Star Chalice (星杯) that denotes supremacy? Its appearance was similar to the one in Vol.6 illustrations.
In the LN Tet pulls them by their wrists into his world.
Old 2014-05-11, 15:19   Link #51
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadrew View Post
I think they'll have thought monologues between Sora and Jibril. Not talking to each other obviously, but just to themselves.
Old 2014-05-12, 02:20   Link #52
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post

But if they don't explain it we'll be getting more questions about how he won the game

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-12, 12:12   Link #53
Miraluka
Banned

Coulumb's Law and Van der waals ar taught on first years of my MS ans HS respectively and I still remember its basics.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 15:16   Link #54
c933103
FTNR

Anime official twitter (https://twitter.com/ngnl_anime/statu...60619759341568) said:
It's finally today! Slaughter Angel Jibril Ep1
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-13, 20:29   Link #55
User236592
SAN PT COLLECTOR

Even the creators think Jibril is best girl!!

(up for debate, of course)
User236592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 06:10   Link #56
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
Even the creators think Jibril is best girl!!

(up for debate, of course)
About as "up for debate" as the Law of Gravity. You can hem and haw about the details, but the basic answer is always the same. Jibril is best girl.
Old 2014-05-14, 12:06   Link #57
chadrew
Fullmetal Ballchemist

Not to sound like a downer, but does anyone else find the next two games to be animated not as exciting and awesome as the first two? Word connector was my favorite from the translated part of the novels.
chadrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 12:08   Link #58
User236592
SAN PT COLLECTOR

The next one I'm not as excited, but I will be looking forward to the battle against Izuna.
User236592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 12:15   Link #59
Xacual

I'm excited for Reversi because it finally gives some backstory to Shiro and a little to Sora, and the aftermath is going to be hilarious. The three breaking down in tears.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-14, 12:33   Link #60
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Ah the reversible game is going to be a bit sad. Though of course the groundwork for back story of Shiro and Sora. Touching stuff.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote