AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-26, 12:14   Link #6281
zaeraal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
i know that,.....but come on man, those offscreen fight in NT 8 with the magician is nothing compare to Level 6 misaka against touma & gunha. it felt so disappointed and a let down to not focus on that fight more then Kuroko and Misaki fight
If the Kuroko fight reduced Railgun to 20 pages a month, the Mikoto fight would be like 10 pages a month, due to all the extra effects.

I am sure they will fix it in anime (which might arrive in 2016 +- a decade...)
Old 2014-01-26, 12:26   Link #6282
chaosprophet

Considering how bad the situation looks, I wonder if my guess is correct, that Misaki overwrote her own memory for a wrong activation code or an auto-destruction one in case Gensei was to beat her.
Old 2014-01-26, 12:38   Link #6283
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
i know that,.....but come on man, those offscreen fight in NT 8 with the magician is nothing compare to Level 6 misaka against touma & gunha. it felt so disappointed and a let down to not focus on that fight more then Kuroko and Misaki fight
I don't think it works that way. In term of storytelling, you generally have to show to the viewers events that advance the story. Unless it's SOL parts or something.
Clearly both this fight and pretty much all the skipped stuffs in NT8 were just small encounters that some characters used to buy time and nothing more.
Moreover, it has already been demonstrated in previous chapters that neither Touma or Gunha have what it takes to stop RaijinKoto. You see, all of their skills were already shown to us and none of them lead to a conclusive result ; and it was confirmed that the best they could do is slow her down. And there is no reason anymore to beat the dead horse by wasting precious pages just to show them using the same techniques over and over again even if it doesn't lead anywhere. Hence why they are sidelined.

tldr version : They already showed to us the best they could do, moreover they aren't the main focus, and you shouldn't waste your time showing unresolved fights who have no decisive impact on the plot.
Old 2014-01-26, 18:56   Link #6284
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
Considering how bad the situation looks, I wonder if my guess is correct, that Misaki overwrote her own memory for a wrong activation code or an auto-destruction one in case Gensei was to beat her.
Or maybe a reverse-activation code?
Old 2014-01-26, 20:10   Link #6285
mark1246

you after some thinking, i do kinda of agree with you guys, just wanted a couple of more pages with misaka fight that all, but here my questions

1. Can we all agree that Level 6 Misaka would be Powerful then Othinus Pre-before she got ALL her power back from the lance, cause looking at misaka, she looking very OP

2. please confirm this die hard otaku fan, but do all Old man villians have Japan anime/manga troupe of having hunch back, arm behind their back, BALD, Act nice but totally EVIL, plan ahead of time, and happen to be VERY Powerful?

Cause I cant stop seeing the comparison between Gensei and Master Xehanort

Edit: I don't like to nickpick, i really dont, but i wanna know how they going to end this arc man, I can guess some notion, but still, for it to be never mention in the novel is a let down, unless Misaki did some mind erase thing, that would be a cope out. Well that what happen when you write backward Nomura...I mean kamachi

(Being honest here, i dont even think Kamachi would of know that his series would get popular, so i dont blame him)

Last edited by mark1246; 2014-01-26 at 20:57.
Old 2014-01-26, 21:03   Link #6286
Haigon

Quote:
Everyone is Gensei?
Old 2014-01-26, 21:11   Link #6287
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
you after some thinking, i do kinda of agree with you guys, just wanted a couple of more pages with misaka fight that all, but here my questions

1. Can we all agree that Level 6 Misaka would be Powerful then Othinus Pre-before she got ALL her power back from the lance, cause looking at misaka, she looking very OP

2. please confirm this die hard otaku fan, but do all Old man villians have Japan anime/manga troupe of having hunch back, arm behind their back, BALD, Act nice but totally EVIL, plan ahead of time, and happen to be VERY Powerful?

Edit: I don't like to nickpick, i really dont, but i wanna know how they going to end this arc man, I can guess some notion, but still, for it to be never mention in the novel is a let down, unless Misaki did some mind erase thing, that would be a cope out. Well that what happen when you write backward Nomura...I mean kamachi

(Being honest here, i dont even think Kamachi would of know that his series would get popular, so i dont blame him)
Mind erase may not involved after this unless for those who witnessed the event (except Touma, as memory wipe won't work on him). Well, perhaps stopping Raijinkoto is seems impossible right now. For that, we need to look at Kuroko now cause she managed to track down Mitori. Gensei got the limiter code and things may expect to get worse, but it's unclear if Misaki might have overridden the limiter code that may reverse the progress, which is what I'm hoping now cause Mikoto is now untouchable.

The trope of old man villain has hunchback? I doubt there is one.

And, I think Kamachi is trying too hard to make this arc better than Index one. Nonetheless, this arc is quite lengthy, especially the Index LN. Index manga is currently doing the same arc too.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-01-27, 03:09   Link #6288

Little off topic here, just found this news that hint the relationship between biribiri and misaki:

http://www.news.com.au/technology/sc...-1226810527289
Old 2014-01-27, 18:43   Link #6289
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Hahaha, lolnope, pre Almighty Majin Othinus was able to tank the Invisible Thing, and hold her own against Ollerus and (Temp)Base Fiamma.

I agree that she is powerful, but plz, even Base Kakine pre Battle Royale could defeat her.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-01-27, 22:23   Link #6290
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post

I agree that she is powerful, but plz, even Base Kakine pre Battle Royale could defeat her.
nah I don't think she's that weak
she could probably beat him
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2014-01-28, 00:29   Link #6291
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Hahaha, lolnope, pre Almighty Majin Othinus was able to tank the Invisible Thing, and hold her own against Ollerus and (Temp)Base Fiamma.

Don't exaggerate... she would break the city if she turned level 6... that makes her more powerful than Kakine was... She's handling Touma and Gunha right now... (She can't break the building yet so she's weaker than Fraulein...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
nah I don't think she's that weak
she could probably beat him
She would beat him.

But she's weaker than Fraulein...

Spoiler for NT 9:
Old 2014-01-28, 00:34   Link #6292
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Don't exaggerate... she would break the city if she turned level 6... that makes her more powerful than Kakine was... She's handling Touma and Gunha right now... (She can't break the building yet so she's weaker than Fraulein...)
If its pre-awakened Kakine yes. She can FINALLY beat him but the awakened beetled Kakine would take something but stronger than an attack that breaks city. Even Accelerator can't kill him because he just infinitely sprouts new body. Plus please. level 6? I don't think that is level 6 at all. On the way probably but that will never be level 6.

And again even if you can break building you still can't beat/kill Frau.
Old 2014-01-28, 22:07   Link #6293
Death Usagi
Banned

Seeing Misaki suffer from lack of oxygen hurts my eyes D:...

Glad this month's chapter was 30 pages. Longer than before at least.

But once the next season of Railgun gets animated, I think the Daihaisei arc is seriously going to be epic.
Old 2014-01-29, 00:14   Link #6294
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
If its pre-awakened Kakine yes. She can FINALLY beat him but the awakened beetled Kakine would take something but stronger than an attack that breaks city. Even Accelerator can't kill him because he just infinitely sprouts new body. Plus please. level 6? I don't think that is level 6 at all. On the way probably but that will never be level 6.

And again even if you can break building you still can't beat/kill Frau.
I never said she'd beat awakened Kakine. I probably agree. Though if she became level 6 she might be able to... At this point, she's meh powerwise. I need to see more shenanigans before I can judge the insanity... though for where we are in the story-line the escalation is pretty intense.
Old 2014-01-29, 05:54   Link #6295
hamazura
whatever

gunha defeated!?
Old 2014-01-29, 06:00   Link #6296
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
gunha defeated!?
Got owned by Raijinkoto. And Touma is 'worn out'. She's untouchable!! GG!!

Anyway, the possible scenario would be Kuroko defeated Mitori, acquire Gensei's location and stop him. Bring Touma along will be better, if possible. Left hand instead of right hand.
Old 2014-01-29, 06:43   Link #6297
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Seeing Misaki suffer from lack of oxygen hurts my eyes D:...

Glad this month's chapter was 30 pages. Longer than before at least.

But once the next season of Railgun gets animated, I think the Daihaisei arc is seriously going to be epic.
I have a feeling that this arc may get pushed back to railgun season 4...
Old 2014-01-29, 07:42   Link #6298
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I have a feeling that this arc may get pushed back to railgun season 4...
What? What else would they put in instead that's from the manga... LA city isn't in the manga... and that definitely can't be the entire canon part of a season by itself...
Old 2014-01-29, 09:12   Link #6299
WiliamZ0

Quote:

1. You are overestimating her. (Mikoto cult I can understand, still they get it wrong) Othinus could crush her easily, In Majin, this Mikoto = bye bye. Don't forget about IT and how easy Othinus defeat it. We all also know that Mikoto will revert back anyway~ Speaking of which ... will 'Will' appeared here :3 I kinda curious about it.

2. Let's say ... Well, Maybe not ... Ah forget it!!!
Old 2014-01-29, 12:57   Link #6300
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
Sorry, it's true that Mikoto has a cool appearance, but she still needs to do more to get top 5 monsters in this universe, let's wait next chap.

Last edited by Acer; 2014-01-29 at 13:10.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen