AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-25, 02:27   Link #3021
kfcpanda

iirc, he was sending out the air bullets & then exploding those, therefore an indirect usage
Old 2013-02-25, 05:12   Link #3022
Mentar
Banned

Guys, no matter how much you try to scientifically deduce how the powers work exactly and whether or not he can "regrow organs" or all the likes - I'd say it's a 100% pointless discussion.

The correct answer is: He can do what the author wants him to do in the story. The only thing we can say is what he accomplished in the past. Whether or not he's able to do a given feat in the future is entirely up to the author. NOBODY but him can say for sure.

So could we please limit ourselves to discussions of what we have seen? Or alternatively, use a less decisive language than the "no, this is how it is!" style at the moment? Somehow I find it a little bit irritating...
Old 2013-02-25, 06:02   Link #3023
Seitsuki
Onee!

Yes, there has been entirely too much random talk about trivial pointless matters and too little praising Her Highness's utter perfection in every respect.

Just sayin'.
Old 2013-02-25, 07:06   Link #3024
henzaeroz

wanna confirm something about this thread.

Do we need to use spoiler tags when mentioning spoilers ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post
unlike hulk and wolverine, he cant regrow organs through a slow advancement of time. He has to instantaneously restore those organs or he will die. So unlike wolverine or hulk, where they can have their organs blown away and still be conscious while regenerating their organs cell by cell, tats restoration will have repaired the organs before tats will have any idea that his organs have been ruptured.

So in terms of speed, it far exceeds hulk and wolverine. But tats is only human, so he cannot have half his body blown away and slowly "restore" from that. Otherwise he would of died while his body would be left intact.
errrrr, from WEB ARC 6

Spoiler for i wanna ask about this:

Spoiler for question:
Old 2013-02-25, 07:40   Link #3025
setsuna86

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post

errrrr, from WEB ARC 6

Spoiler for question:
I don´t think Tatsuya here cut off his right arm himself. It is the weapon that Syrius possesses that desintegrated Tatsuya´s right arm before he used magic. But his automatic Regrowth has regenerated his right arm.
Old 2013-02-25, 13:01   Link #3026
TmDagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzaeroz View Post

errrrr, from WEB ARC 6

Spoiler for question:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-25, 13:33   Link #3027
serbian otaku #1

As far as i know Sirius used some wepon with insane speed that even Tatsuya's "regrowth" can't keep up, something like a laser, i'm not sure. As for his "regrowth" it is known that he only returns his body to a state he was before he got injured, he read Eidos history, and it only works for 24 hours in the past. So he doesn't regrow his limbs or organs, he restores them to the previous perfect condition.
Old 2013-02-25, 14:12   Link #3028
Mars Mode

Spoiler for Tats and Lyna:
Old 2013-02-25, 14:47   Link #3029
Chimurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
This discussion thread is intended for "Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei" Light Novel series only! Remember to use Spoiler Tags when appropriate.

About:

Synopsis:

Novel Cover Illustrations:
Spoiler for Covers:
(thanks to Belgaesh)

Other Interesting Facts:

dengeki page here
I think if the thread is to discuss MHnR, ist kind of obvious we will talk with the latest news or releases, so if somebody don't want to be spoiled will be hard to the majority, take like Wiki or other pages offering characters updates and don't do it cuz the spoiler reason.
About spoilers tags, I think its mostly for texts, summaries and similar s, will be annoying start to see plenty of spoilers tags with only few lines.
Old 2013-02-25, 16:00   Link #3030
blackwhite67
Banned

I have a question. Why isn't there a wikipedia page for this insanely popular series?
Old 2013-02-25, 16:18   Link #3031
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I have a question. Why isn't there a wikipedia page for this insanely popular series?
there is one
http://mahoukakoukounorettousei.wiki...RETTOUSEI_Wiki
Old 2013-02-25, 16:35   Link #3032
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
No. I mean a page on wikipedia.org.
Old 2013-02-25, 16:58   Link #3033
yuzen003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimurry View Post
I think if the thread is to discuss MHnR, ist kind of obvious we will talk with the latest news or releases, so if somebody don't want to be spoiled will be hard to the majority, take like Wiki or other pages offering characters updates and don't do it cuz the spoiler reason.
About spoilers tags, I think its mostly for texts, summaries and similar s, will be annoying start to see plenty of spoilers tags with only few lines.
It may be inconvenient but the forum rules say:

Show some consideration for your fellow community members and use spoiler tags when appropriate. Just like our Anime discussions, Manga and Light Novel discussions are required to follow our Spoiler Policy. We understand that translations can lag behind original language (raw) content and that it can be difficult to keep events from being spoiled so we merely ask that you use some basic courtesy and use the spoiler tag when discussing any newly released material and major events (such as deaths or new characters).

In the spoiler policy it notes
"Inappropriate spoilers are not welcome here at AnimeSuki Forums. A spoiler is anything that discloses an event, character, plot or other information before it is revealed within the specific work being discussed. Any post containing spoilers may be deleted in its entirety and an infraction will be issued to the poster. Repeated violations of this rule will lead to a ban."

and:

"Note regarding unsubbed "raw" anime episodes:
Because our forum is targeted primarily at fansub viewers, it is inconsiderate to openly discuss or post impressions of an episode before the fansubs are released, except in threads discussing that specific episode. So, when multiple raw and fansubbed episodes are being discussed in the same thread, please keep all discussion of unsubbed episodes behind clearly-marked spoiler tags. Discussing unsubbed anime is not a spoiler according to this policy, but please be considerate. "

In this case I would assume we could replace anime with light novel, but the policy is clear if the content you are discussing has not been translated you should use spoilers. It is less clear when discussing summaries, but in most manga threads they spoiler discussion based on raws and translations until a scanlation is released. It seems a common courtesy issue, but of course it depends on how strictly the mods choose to enforce the rules.
Old 2013-02-25, 19:50   Link #3034
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyclaws View Post
It was stated that mayas night bypasses all data and fortification interferences of magic. Thus nullifying his phalanx. There is a little discussion going on in terms of restoration speed against her light magic.

It was stated in their fight that when she activated night, everything went pitch black and a point of light remained. Then a "stench of blood" loomed in the area before her magic got decomposed. That is not a secondary effect, but the result caused by her magic hitting tats. As nothing can interfere with light even at the spiritual level, then that means tats got hit with her attack. This would mean his restoration was fast enough to restore him and allowed him to keep conscious to decompose her magic.
I don't think Tatsuya bled, I don't know where the stench came from but it was said that Tatsuya combat capabilities rivaled his aunt and he even has a better affinity against her so if you combine both he wouldn't be hurt, to begin with if he used Gram Dispersion to counter her Meteor Line he would've had to use it before she finished casting her magic otherwise it wouldn't take effect(isn't that how it Gram Dispersion works ?), if he was bleeding then Meteor Line would've been already in place and Gram Dispersion wouldn't be able to cancel it.
Old 2013-02-25, 19:58   Link #3035
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
I don't think Tatsuya bled, I don't know where the stench came from but it was said that Tatsuya combat capabilities rivaled his aunt and he even has a better affinity against her so if you combine both he wouldn't be hurt, to begin with if he used Gram Dispersion to counter her Meteor Line he would've had to use it before she finished casting her magic otherwise it wouldn't take effect(isn't that how it Gram Dispersion works ?), if he was bleeding then Meteor Line would've been already in place and Gram Dispersion wouldn't be able to cancel it.
True, but that stench of blood couldn't have been produced from the magic. Here's what I think: Maya got pissed. Casted Night, but of course without the intent to kill Tatsuya. She used Meteor Line to slightly wound Tatsuya. Now, her magic is like a laser so the blood would have dissipated and produced a scent, the stench of blood. Then Tatsuya's restoration kicked in and Tatsuya used decomposition to destroy Night.
Old 2013-02-25, 20:11   Link #3036
Jirachier

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
True, but that stench of blood couldn't have been produced from the magic. Here's what I think: Maya got pissed. Casted Night, but of course without the intent to kill Tatsuya. She used Meteor Line to slightly wound Tatsuya. Now, her magic is like a laser so the blood would have dissipated and produced a scent, the stench of blood. Then Tatsuya's restoration kicked in and Tatsuya used decomposition to destroy Night.
again, how would he destroy it if it's already active ? From the description of Meteor Line it seems like one of those Sustained Type magic so once they're activated they stay that way so Maya would've have used Night, stopped then used it again, it was only one usage from the beginning.
Old 2013-02-25, 20:31   Link #3037
cyberdemon

Quote:
again, how would he destroy it if it's already active ? From the description of Meteor Line it seems like one of those Sustained Type magic so once they're activated they stay that way so Maya would've have used Night, stopped then used it again, it was only one usage from the beginning.
I think it was stated that before loopcast, many magics had to be stopped and started again to sustain them.
Old 2013-02-25, 22:30   Link #3038
bloodyclaws

Quote:
tats magic is a true counter against maya's night. His combat capabilities being a better affinity refers to his ability to both decompose her magic and restore from said magic. He did not use gram dispersion on her as her magic was already in effect. It was decomposition that he used to nullify her night.

Judging by the dialogue, There is sufficient evidence to note that she did have the intention to kill tats if she was able to. At the very end, she contemplated on the fact that tats could probably kill her if they had a one on one fight. This statement was solidified based on her earlier attack against tats. It was like a test in that even if she wasn't serious, she tested tats affinity against her magic and see what the ultimate result will be.
Old 2013-02-25, 22:55   Link #3039
waffler

man now i wanna read that part again, is it in volume 8?
Old 2013-02-25, 23:27   Link #3040
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Yes, there has been entirely too much random talk about trivial pointless matters and too little praising Her Highness's utter perfection in every respect.

Just sayin'.
Nuh, what we need is more praising the petite teasing senpai cuteness. All hail Mayumi!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings