AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-03-12, 01:55   Link #1
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Oneshot manga

This thread purposely to share and discuss any Oneshot manga.
The oneshot to share doesn't have any date restriction : newest Oneshot or oldest Oneshot from past 2017 it doesn't matter which date Oneshot, as long the content of a one-shot is within the parameters of the Forum Rules content you can share it

Please bear in mind before you want to start discuss a certain Oneshot you need to post the related Oneshot first (The title, cover and summary) so we can know what Oneshot we will talk about.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-12, 02:01   Link #2
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Arcadia of the Moonlight

Author : YAGI Norihiro

Quote:
Summary:
Rashil lives with his granpa in a mountain area. On a trip in the woods he sees an airship crash and finds a girl. She's been followed by soldiers, which want to capture her...
This is latest Oneshot jump released by Claymore author, the ending seemingly implied this will be a running series if that happen then 2017 will be a bloody battle of survival in WSJ with a lot veteran mangaka return with their title : Richiro Inagaki, Kuroko no basuke author,Tamura Ryuhei, and lastly Yagi Norihiro.
The newest mangaka such as Poro,Spring weapon,U19 and rest must drag their sweat harder if they don't want get the axe.
Old 2017-03-12, 12:02   Link #3
Idealist 99

Well , There was an Oneshot Manga I liked call "Kono Mama ja Dame Mitai desu"
I can see why this manga never became a full manga series but I loved the concept of The Protagonist getting between two childhood friend.
It was like an Manga series where A Boy has a crush of Kari Kamiya (Digimon) but find himself to be inferior against her childhood friend Tk who happen to be popular handsome boy.
Therefore , The Protagonist Play the role of the "Other Guy" that get between the perfect Shoujo couples.
Old 2017-03-14, 12:26   Link #4
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
Well , There was an Oneshot Manga I liked call "Kono Mama ja Dame Mitai desu"
I can see why this manga never became a full manga series but I loved the concept of The Protagonist getting between two childhood friend.
It was like an Manga series where A Boy has a crush of Kari Kamiya (Digimon) but find himself to be inferior against her childhood friend Tk who happen to be popular handsome boy.
Therefore , The Protagonist Play the role of the "Other Guy" that get between the perfect Shoujo couples.
I just read the oneshot, yes the concept is interesting, would be great if become running series.
The things i don't understand why it labelled "Shojou". This oneshot more like shounen for me...well that's in my view
Old 2017-04-04, 10:02   Link #5
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just read Shooting Girl by Nakanishi Fumi.
Cute story about a young witch teaching a normal boy how to fly.
Old 2017-04-04, 21:47   Link #6
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Remind me though i just met a very crazy oneshot yesterday

Quote:
It is the 23rd century, an age of science and technology, where sex is no longer required to reproduce.
However, humanity has not forgotten sex!
Sex has evolved to become a form of martial arts, and those who practice it are known throughout the world as BattleSexers!

and it's not 100th chapter that was author joke
Old 2017-04-09, 09:31   Link #7
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Just read Shooting Girl by Nakanishi Fumi.
Cute story about a young witch teaching a normal boy how to fly.
Those are the kind of stories I love... this kind of shows need more love
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 09:36   Link #8
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Just read Too Late for Fantasy and it's hilarious.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2017-04-14 at 09:21. Reason: Spelling
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 09:37   Link #9
bastek66

Can't wait for next Mizukami's manga.
Old 2017-04-13, 22:59   Link #10
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Too Late Fantasy definitely Oneshot material.
I fail to see potential of running series for this. I wish Spirit Circle or any of author work adapted into anime. This author has great writing skill he need more recognition again.
Old 2017-05-24, 03:13   Link #11
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Queen of the Apartment Complex

Just read this oneshot. Pretty good oneshot about a big sister and younger brother whom share same room.
Don't worry, i assure you this is not incest. The siblings has normal sibling relationshio, big sis is a bossy girl she don't want share room with her brother so she treat him like servant. The sister also has crush apparently or the boy who has crush on the sister given how he likes to tease both sibling.
Old 2017-08-25, 21:37   Link #12
Verso Sciolto
Banned

"Sono Omokage wo Shitteru" 「その面影を知ってる」. Created by Io Sakisaka for an anniversary of one of my favourite manga magazines, this short story has pretty much all the characteristics I want from a one shot. Although it is good for greater exposure that such a self contained story was later included in "Ao Haru Ride" volume eight, I also think "Sono Omokage wo Shitteru" should -and can- stand on its own as written.

Next. Riho Masuda. Also introduced through the Margaret family. Someone who has up to now done mostly one shots and whose work in that format I really like. Even her one-off illustrations, wordless except for their captions, come across as stories, at least that's how they seem to me. It may be her strength but I'm curious what else she has in store for us. Fairly randomly picked single title - because seasonally appropriate and you must start somewhere... "Summer Capsule" - reworked a little for her first collection. (Fumikiri, Kimi no Te, Sakuramichi.)

Another one of my favourite one shots I think you should read is まままま (mama mama) by Amano Shuninta. This one, not randomly selected, bundled with other one-shots in her "Bombshells" collection, is quite thought provoking and probably a little out of your comfort zone.

More even than with longer series, I think, one shots should get very little introduction. Three names of mangaka in a row. Short as the recommended stories are it is possible to spend quite a bit of time with each of them.

Edit to add:
Sometimes one-shots are test balloons. "Kimi ni Todoke" was a great one-shot intended to be an extra but it became its own Prologue. A series which has now almost run its course - with 120 chapters in print to date - as one of the most successful Shōjo series. Read again last night. Love the series but that Prologue does stand up very well on its own, it must be said. Don't know if this needs further introduction.

Sometimes a one-shot is well received and the resulting serialisation is a mild success. Usually that meant only the chapters as serialised got bundled into tankōbon while the thoroughly enjoyable one-shot, loveable as a one off short story, continues to exist only in the magazine version. Good memories mingled with regrettable shelf space decisions. So many magazine "back numbers" are digitised these days and find their way into online bookstores. I'm glad I kept this one but ... in celebration of faulty memories and one-shots revisited (though not that old yet): Aoyama Tsukiko Desu!. (< Direct link to a sample from the issue of Betsuma Sister in which she first appeared. In electronic format as offered through Bookwalker. These digital editions come with their own questions about permanence.)

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-08-27 at 01:49.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-06, 23:08   Link #13
Verso Sciolto
Banned

Sometimes forget that よつばと! (Yotsuba&!) started as a one shot too. Sort off. Great to refresh my memory on this.

No longer a one-shot - now well beyond a certain point, left hanging... so to speak.

Such a great moment to capture on the cover of volume 13 ... before returning to the start.

Full Description in English -from the introduction page for the first published volume of Yotsuba&! - from Yen Press:
Quote:
Hello! This is Koiwai Yotsuba, Yotsuba Koiwai...um, YOTSUBA! Yotsuba moved with Daddy to a new house from our old house waaaaaaay over there! And moving's fun 'cos people wave! (Ohhhh!!) And Yotsuba met these nice people next door and made friends to play with (one of 'em acted like one of those bad strangers Daddy told Yotsuba not to go with, but it was okay in the end). I hope we get to play a lot. And eat ice cream! And-and-and...oh yeah! You should come play with Yotsuba too!
... and the first lines of the introduction to the stories - from Wikipedia:
Quote:
Yotsuba&! is centered on Yotsuba Koiwai, a five-year-old adopted girl who is energetic, cheerful, curious, odd, and quirky—so odd and quirky that even her own father calls her strange....
Try! Try! Try!

Last edited by Verso Sciolto; 2017-12-07 at 00:08.
Verso Sciolto is offline   Reply With Quote