AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

Old 2009-10-06, 12:34   Link #941
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

After watching Zwei and Sifr again. .I think it's best for me to ask here to get some info @_@

If there is a connection between MH and MO, what arguments that can support the theory for it ? The best that I could think is Mikoto, the Hime marks, and the Fuka school building at the end . . Are there any others that can support the theroy ?

Sorry for the old question @_@

Oh also, what about Searrs ? And then that unknown person who was with John Smith everytime at Sifr...who is he/her ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-06, 20:29   Link #942
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
After watching Zwei and Sifr again. .I think it's best for me to ask here to get some info @_@

If there is a connection between MH and MO, what arguments that can support the theory for it ? The best that I could think is Mikoto, the Hime marks, and the Fuka school building at the end . . Are there any others that can support the theroy ?

Sorry for the old question @_@

Oh also, what about Searrs ? And then that unknown person who was with John Smith everytime at Sifr...who is he/her ?
To be hones there are just way too many things that can either support or dismiss the idea of the two shows connected. For instance, yet Mikoto is there, but why is she called a crystal princess? Mai's generation won and there were no more carnivals, thus no more crystal princesses. Second, if they are in another planet how is the school there? See there are many things that creates so much plot holes. So many people try to explain them and it seems like sunrise deliberately tries to add something new to further disprove their theory.
Old 2009-10-06, 23:48   Link #943
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

The simple answer is that Otome is a spiritual successor of HiME, but not canon.

That, and one should perhaps treat HiME's relation to Otome as if the former belongs to an alternative, parallel universe.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2009-10-06 at 23:59.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 08:01   Link #944
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The simple answer is that Otome is a spiritual successor of HiME, but not canon.

That, and one should perhaps treat HiME's relation to Otome as if the former belongs to an alternative, parallel universe.

- Tak
Kind of like a "What if SearS won the carnival" story, seeing how important Miyu's influence is and how technologically focussed Otome's powers are.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 23:33   Link #945
solarknight123

Quote:

- Tak
I am so in agreement with that answer! Saves us all from a hell of a lot of complication

Your right Keroko in a sense that it could be seen as a possibility for the origins of Otome
Old 2009-10-08, 16:57   Link #946
Tak

Although there are some interesting HiME references in Otome:

- Natsuki had a pet dog named Duran

- During Shiho vs. Mai's opening conversation in Otome's fighting game, she will mention that she had been waiting for eons to exact vengeance against Mai

- Natsuki does not like being referred to as Kuga

- Mai is the only character in Otome to retain her original family name

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2009-10-10, 13:17   Link #947
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Although there are some interesting HiME references in Otome:

- Natsuki had a pet dog named Duran

- During Shiho vs. Mai's opening conversation in Otome's fighting game, she will mention that she had been waiting for eons to exact vengeance against Mai

- Natsuki does not like being referred to as Kuga

- Mai is the only character in Otome to retain her original family name

- Tak
But still it's all Homages to HIME! Not an connection to it. Geez Louise!
Old 2009-10-10, 17:11   Link #948
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highman View Post
But still it's all Homages to HIME! Not an connection to it. Geez Louise!
Because it is connected.

But not canon, , did I say it was canon?

- Tak

Old 2009-10-10, 21:14   Link #949
Highman

Quote:
Because it is connected.

But not canon, , did I say it was canon?

- Tak
......................Take it a grain of salt buddy.
Old 2009-10-10, 23:53   Link #950
Tak

Quote:
......................Take it a grain of salt buddy.
Don't worry, I will from now on take your comments with a grain of salt.

- Tak

Old 2009-10-11, 00:24   Link #951
Highman

Quote:
Don't worry, I will from now on take your comments with a grain of salt.

- Tak
Don't worry it will be all said and done when the HiME and Otome connection will be all but homages and I'll see you with a picture on eating salt and you're eyes crying as well.
Old 2009-10-11, 00:46   Link #952
Tak

Quote:
Don't worry it will be all said and done when the HiME and Otome connection will be all but homages
ROFL.

Thank you for stating the obvious, now whats your point?

- Tak

Old 2009-10-11, 05:56   Link #953
Nemesis

Was it stated what were the Orphans in Mai Hime other than just monsters?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 12:34   Link #954
solarknight123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Was it stated what were the Orphans in Mai Hime other than just monsters?
Well the thing about the Orphans is that they are born from the Hime star and are like Childs except Childs are those who made pacts with hime.
Old 2009-10-11, 14:17   Link #955
Tak

According to the Mai-HiME special, Orphans are lost child who lack the capacity to link with a HiME's soul. The Orphans are attracted to Fuka Gakuen since it is a place where all potential HiMEs are gathered.

Orphans are generally summoned by Nagi, and later Alyssa through artificial means.

- Tak

Old 2009-11-28, 10:50   Link #956
straferd
Toushi

I enjoyed the second half of Mai Hime because it got alot darker and dramatic (compared to the first 13-14 episodes).

Any chance the same will happen in Mai Otome? I have seen the first 7 episodes and it is as uninteresting as the first half of Mai Hime.
straferd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-28, 11:18   Link #957
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Well, I won't spoil it for you but things will take a turn for the worst in Otome and it will have a new opening theme.
Old 2009-11-28, 11:23   Link #958
straferd
Toushi

Do you recommend that I continue to watch since I enjoyed Mai Hime? I just saw episode 8 and it was talk about
Spoiler for Otome, ep 8:
Old 2009-11-28, 14:05   Link #959
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
Yeah sure, I won't spoil it for you but

Spoiler for For something later in Otome:
Old 2009-11-29, 10:22   Link #960
straferd
Toushi

I have watched all the Otome anime now, thx for the advice.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I need to know if the manga is worthwhile?