AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2004-08-25, 13:13   Link #61
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
ok first off any one seen the promo vids for the movie?

am i the only one who thinks it will be freakin awesome?

cuz it does look sugoi!

AIR2004 looks sweet, but the anime looks like this:
http://www.bs-i.co.jp/anime/AIR/index.html
Back to kanon artstyle!!! 10 year old looking girls again!! YEAY
I agree the movie does look awesome.

The series looks very beautiful too. It is hards to turn Key's CG images into animation form. They have done a better job this time around than with kanon. If you compare the both anime styles with the games, you can see AIR is much closer. The girls don't look ten 0_o they look their age of 16-17. They aren't suppost to be 20....

~
Note on the TV series site they explain they will show a bit of the tv series on September the 10th I believe
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 14:43   Link #62
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Note on the TV series site they explain they will show a bit of the tv series on September the 10th I believe
No, that's a countdown to the TBS Anime Festival that's going to be Sept 4-5 in Tokyo, where they are showing the first episode. So there's 10 days left.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 15:40   Link #63
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

AHHH thats even better It said 10 days. I wasn't looking at the kanji bit. Thank You Zalas

I'm curretly d/l a rip of the DVD special. I will see if it indeed will play. I will buy thge DVD when I get the chance
Old 2004-08-27, 16:14   Link #64
TronDD
Team the box!

Is that special what The Triad just released?

It's freaking awesome. That trailer can stand alone as a good story all by itself. I've watched it a few times already. I almost cried the first time I watched it and it's just a trailer. I'm getting so hyped up for this.
TronDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 22:18   Link #65
KaraNoKyokai

Quote:
ok I can't wait for this to come out and since many people like animes such as:

KGNE
Tsukihime
Kanon

This is created by the creators of Kanon. It is a dating sim released by KEY/ Visual Arts. As kj1980 will come here (no doubt) since he is so leet with dating sims So here we will post up to date info and such

* bows down to kj1980*

the official movie site is: http://www.air2004.com/ nothing yet tho ^-^"
Tsukihime / Kanon were horrible when they were animated. I just hope people dont screw up AIR.

Goddamn, I hate Tsukihime the anime.
KaraNoKyokai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-28, 22:24   Link #66
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraNoKyokai
Tsukihime / Kanon were horrible when they were animated. I just hope people dont screw up AIR.

Goddamn, I hate Tsukihime the anime.
I highly doubty they will cut out parts like kanon. Since they are making a movie to go with the TV series. Kanon the animation wasn't all that bad. I mean Sister Princess is bad for what the game is.

But Tsukihime was not that great at all. Maybe if the do fate/stay night they will do a better job.
Old 2004-08-29, 00:07   Link #67
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
Maybe it's because I never played the game, but I think the Kanon anime is fantastic. I know people complain that most of the girl's stories are cut, but when you think about it, they can't really put in more than one girl's complete story. When you play through these types of games, you only get one girl's story, too. What they need to do is make a seperate series for each one. Or they need to just translate the damn game.
Old 2004-08-29, 00:23   Link #68
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
I cant imagine this on a PS2 game store, a shelf full of dating Sim games or hentai games for PS2 or PC. I wonder if the american public would dear to buy that ??..I guess they would !!! Girls also have to be more cautious on the public transportation too, just like Japan ^_- more pervs on the streets ..thanks to the Japs culture PC hentai sims, and too many airheads living in a lolipop wonderland ..dating your fav character on your PS2 hehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
Maybe it's because I never played the game, but I think the Kanon anime is fantastic. I know people complain that most of the girl's stories are cut, but when you think about it, they can't really put in more than one girl's complete story. When you play through these types of games, you only get one girl's story, too. What they need to do is make a seperate series for each one. Or they need to just translate the damn game.
Yamano667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 01:48   Link #69
KaraNoKyokai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TronDD
It's not really that they cut out the other girls' story that makes you pissed off, but they cut out the essential themes / scenes of the heroine when most Bishoujo games are animated.

And all these animes have to somehow include / fit every character introduced in the story and intermigle them here and there.

That makes for a piss poor plot with nightmarish experiences.

Imagine classic tragedy without the element of hubris, vengeance, hatred and inherent nature of mankind to sin. That's what the animated series of Tsukihime and Kanon were.

Don't even let me begin with the OVAs.

The only animated series that faithfully shows the game's essence was Kimi ga Nozomu Ein.
Old 2004-08-29, 02:00   Link #70
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

Well heres' my take on this:

Da Capo, Kanon, Tsukihime, and KGNE were very great animes, seeing how they were at least 13 episodes

If AIR is 13+ episodes, then it would be great too.

But OAV's...ughhhhhhhh The only two that didn't suck a load of @$$ was Mizuiro 2003 and Natsuiro no Sunadeki. Almost all other OAvs sucked
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 02:14   Link #71
KaraNoKyokai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maceart
Well heres' my take on this:

Da Capo, Kanon, Tsukihime, and KGNE were very great animes, seeing how they were at least 13 episodes

If AIR is 13+ episodes, then it would be great too.

But OAV's...ughhhhhhhh The only two that didn't suck a load of @$$ was Mizuiro 2003 and Natsuiro no Sunadeki. Almost all other OAvs sucked
Are you tyring to say those animes were great because they had at least 13 episodes?

If so, you've just won the award for the dumbest person on the forum.

That's like saying DBZ the anime was great because it had at least gazillion episodes without any sense of action and the excitment that the manga provided.

KGNE was good because it faithfully conveyed the characters' emotions with superior art direction / acting. Not because it had 13 episodes.
Old 2004-08-29, 04:24   Link #72
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

I'm going to say that I'll only judge the show/movie after I see it because it's as pointless as groping in the dark to make assumptions just based on how long it is.

For a game like Kanon, I felt the anime did a fairly good job at compressing the huge and complex story down to the size it was, but others feel differently.

I don't think Maceart's comment about 13 episodes means that if a show runs under that it isn't good, I thnk it just means that it'd be hard to compress AIR's story in a package much smaller than 13 episodes. I can easily say that that might be indeed true but I will hold judgement till after I watch myself.

I've not been disappointed with most of the ero->anime conversions as of late as they've done a lot to keep faithful to the story.
Old 2004-08-29, 09:55   Link #73
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

I believe the September issue of Comptiq stated that the AIR TV series will be 12 episodes.
Old 2004-08-29, 10:27   Link #74
KreleanX
Pilot of Test Unit 1

Quote:
you despise kanon Kanon is awesome.

I like Black Jack

I hope you will enjoy it

Black Jack is awesome, its one of the first animes i ever saw.
KreleanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-29, 12:03   Link #75
TronDD
Team the box!

I guess ignorance is bliss. I don't know what the anime adaptations lack from the game so I can't be disappointed by that. And, in my opinion, judging them on their own merits, the animes are usually very good.

As far as OVAs go, far too short. I think Mizuiro and Canvas were pretty good. Haven't watched all of Natsuiro no Sunadeki yet because I'm playing the game first. (It'll be the first ero->anime where I'll actually be able to play the game and see the anime)
Old 2004-08-29, 19:31   Link #76
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

They translated the game Natsuiro no Sunadeki? Wow I'm behind lol ( or am I confused?)

Well I know that KGNE's story is not as complex as most of the dating sims. It was so un fantasy like that it was so easy. The story wasn't anything too hard to convert at all.

The WORST OVA's were ONE holy CRAP did they do a bad job. Not only is the person like WTF the gamers were like WTF. One was Key's "first work" ( when they were tactics) and was popular at the time.

I believe 5 more days until AIR....airs in Japan ehehe.
Old 2004-08-29, 19:38   Link #77
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Quote:
Are you tyring to say those animes were great because they had at least 13 episodes?

If so, you've just won the award for the dumbest person on the forum.

That's like saying DBZ the anime was great because it had at least gazillion episodes without any sense of action and the excitment that the manga provided.

KGNE was good because it faithfully conveyed the characters' emotions with superior art direction / acting. Not because it had 13 episodes.
I think they are saying that for a dating sim of less than 13 episodes such as an OVA, is not good. Since they do not explain in depth of the true story like the game since it is so damn short.

Like ONE it didn't make any sense ithad 4 OVA's if it was a 13 episode series it may have been better.

DBZ isn't a dating sim..... LOL ahahaha
Old 2004-08-29, 20:40   Link #78
TronDD
Team the box!

Quote:
They translated the game Natsuiro no Sunadeki? Wow I'm behind lol ( or am I confused?)
Yup. It's an interactive DVD. Hourglass of Summer. Been playing it for like 8 hours and I'm maybe almost through the first OVA episode.
Old 2004-08-30, 00:57   Link #79
Labaamen
Stick'n Run

Quote:
I highly doubty they will cut out parts like kanon. Since they are making a movie to go with the TV series. Kanon the animation wasn't all that bad. I mean Sister Princess is bad for what the game is.

But Tsukihime was not that great at all. Maybe if the do fate/stay night they will do a better job.
As a general rule, game to animation conversions usually suck because they try to shove all the storylines down our throats at the same time.

The Air movie seems to focus only on Misuzu and Kanna so that's a relief.

You can't say the same for the tv series though...
Labaamen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-30, 01:21   Link #80
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labaamen
As a general rule, game to animation conversions usually suck because they try to shove all the storylines down our throats at the same time.

The Air movie seems to focus only on Misuzu and Kanna so that's a relief.

You can't say the same for the tv series though...
I guess that's why both the Series Compositor and the Director for the TV series were both very nervous while working on this, hoping not to run counter to the image that everyone had of the game ^^;

Tags
bishoujo, drama, key, seinen