AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-08-04, 15:12   Link #661
Johnny
Working the bags...

I just seen the rating the chapter got and I guess that says it all...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:00   Link #662
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
...pretty much
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 16:10   Link #663
Johnny
Working the bags...

Scans out...
Spoiler for ch 51:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 17:04   Link #664
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

First my pc crashed during the act 3 of D3 (Inferno almost at Asmomo) and now this ? What's next

Pffff......
Old 2012-08-04, 17:23   Link #665
ShiroiRyu

Oh man, it's not that bad.
But yes, some rage incoming.
Old 2012-08-04, 17:23   Link #666
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

After reading the actual lines...I now see that it was an elbow. It wasn't very clear if Moon hadn't shouted it xD
Anyways, an elbow making that kind of cut? Unless that's just a line of blood running down his forehead...it's major BS. Pro fighters don't make those kinds of cuts with elbows, much less little fucktard over there.

I get that the author is trying to set it up for a great comeback finish...I get that but I believe it is so unnecessary by now. We've had so many chapters of building this fight up, so many chapters of having our hate for Red Hair grown bigger and stronger...what we want now isn't more cliffhangers and plot twists to hype up the victory later...we want a victory now. Right now people rage at Red Hair because of his actions...but it shows in the score the comic got today and in the comments I've been seeing that people are starting to shift the rage from a character to the story...it's very easy for that to happen and Han is pushing his luck...imho
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 18:04   Link #667
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
After reading the actual lines...I now see that it was an elbow. It wasn't very clear if Moon hadn't shouted it xD
Anyways, an elbow making that kind of cut? Unless that's just a line of blood running down his forehead...it's major BS. Pro fighters don't make those kinds of cuts with elbows, much less little fucktard over there.

I get that the author is trying to set it up for a great comeback finish...I get that but I believe it is so unnecessary by now. We've had so many chapters of building this fight up, so many chapters of having our hate for Red Hair grown bigger and stronger...what we want now isn't more cliffhangers and plot twists to hype up the victory later...we want a victory now. Right now people rage at Red Hair because of his actions...but it shows in the score the comic got today and in the comments I've been seeing that people are starting to shift the rage from a character to the story...it's very easy for that to happen and Han is pushing his luck...imho
I think the way the author set up the fight and the emotions around it is exactly the problem here because he let those emotions cool down a bit for a while. After redhead's sushi stunt there wasn't enough antagonizing after that. He let the tension towards redhead cool down too much by adding too many other things in between so now the author needs something to rekindle those antagonizing emotions - turns out the readers didn't like for the protagonist to be sh!t on once again even though he showed so much progress just a few chapter before.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 18:11   Link #668
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
I think the way the author set up the fight and the emotions around it is exactly the problem here because he let those emotions cool down a bit for a while. After redhead's sushi stunt there wasn't enough antagonizing after that. He let the tension towards redhead cool down too much by adding too many other things in between so now the author needs something to rekindle those antagonizing emotions - turns out the readers didn't like for the protagonist to be sh!t on once again even though he showed so much progress just a few chapter before.
True...

For a manga who's lowest score on naver has been 9.6 with every other around 9.9 and 9.8, getting an 8.6 is just a nasty shot to the nutsack...
Old 2012-08-04, 22:57   Link #669
Aesthetic Shampoo

Elbow's aren't allowed? What?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 23:15   Link #670
Shadow5YA

The fight wasn't as rage inducing as people made it out to be since part of it is Jae Gu's fault, but I do find it silly that they have to find some silly excuse to make this fight a challenge for him. If the authors really wanted to show Jae Gu's growth, it would have been better for Jae Gu for finish the match by a landslide to as a way to prove that he's past seeing the redhead as an enemy now.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2012-08-04 at 23:58.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 23:46   Link #671
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
Elbow's aren't allowed? What?
Even some MMA organizations ban elbow strikes to a downed opponent.
Though...that rule was never stated before here...
Old 2012-08-05, 00:33   Link #672
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Even some MMA organizations ban elbow strikes to a downed opponent.
Though...that rule was never stated before here...
No wonder, I don't see Thai's participant in MMA, they would dominate.

and regarding the manga. Alot of issues/flaws of the author is being brought up recently. Poor guy, he needs to read up on bit more on these tournaments and explain beforehand.
Old 2012-08-05, 00:56   Link #673
kazzuya13

I can't believe Jae Gu never learn his lesson of being hot headed. He should stay calm in a professional fight at all times and find the opening. That is what he trained for at the very least by Moon Young and Dal Dal.
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 07:34   Link #674
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

What the hell happened?! After all the build up happened with the red haired, then what? lol He'll get more cocky after this for sure if he does win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
So how the series fair in the ratings?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-05, 08:05   Link #675
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
No wonder, I don't see Thai's participant in MMA, they would dominate.
Eh...the UFC (Biggest, most famous and best MMA organization) does allow elbows in any position (expect 12 to 6 elbows) and one of the champions (and considered by many the best pound-for-pound in the world) is mostly a Thai fighter (though he is Brazilian) but it's MMA so he's got a lot mixed in there too. I'm talking about a guy that dismantles opponents with knees thrown as easy as breathing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
So how the series fair in the ratings?
Quoting myself (lolego)
Quote:
For a manga who's lowest score on naver has been 9.6 with every other around 9.9 and 9.8, getting an 8.6 is just a nasty shot to the nutsack...
Old 2012-08-05, 09:21   Link #676
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The latest chapter was a letdown. The author should have made it look like Jae Gu is about to finish Han Gyul until the latter makes an unexpected comeback.
Old 2012-08-05, 16:38   Link #677
GundamFan

I just hope we are done with the flashbacks during this fight at this point it's just making Song look pathic and you can't really get more hate for the redheaded guy he is rather generic street punk with no reedeming qualities I can't really see why the author is trying to drum up more animosity.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 08:44   Link #678
prototype_sky

I would mind a Double KO but to lose here
Queen better assassinate him behind the scenes
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-06, 13:35   Link #679
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

dude im done with this series.

the MC is TOO WEAK.

theres a limit of how weak u start off and keep the MC.
51 weeks of the MC being absolute crap, is not my type of series.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-07, 12:54   Link #680
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
wth(O.o)!? Man, the author has to have balls of steel if s/he's going to let things end like this. They built up this entire arc around Jae Gu getting stronger, and even the flashback this chapter as if he was going to come out overwhelmingly over the redhead, yet, redhead still manages to **** Jae Gu over >=0[. If the redhead wins, I'm afraid of how it'll affect the popularity of this webtoon(if it's true that this chap was rated quite-a-ways lower than the rest). Of course, I expect Jae Gu to recover and kick his ass in some way as a lost for Jae Gu here is a BIG loss for the author =02.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
great siblings, queenxjae gu, romance, runaway mom