AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-20, 20:52   Link #41
Wandering Soul

It was definitely Kanako that broke up with him. I have no idea how from any perspective Nagomu can be considered the one that broke them up.
Old 2022-04-21, 02:55   Link #42
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I have no idea how from any perspective Nagomu can be considered the one that broke them up.
Maybe its the notion "men are always at fault" in a relationship?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-21, 10:40   Link #43
BWTraveller
Born to ship

As I understood it from the manga, she left for a week and thought he was just in a slump and would "come to his senses" and stay there with her, so when she came back a week later and found the apartment already empty, she interpreted this as him choosing the store over her. Yeah, it never occurred to her that refusing his invitation to move back home with him and giving that cold "bye-bye" would be interpreted as "we're through". I guess she intended to encourage him to stop and think things through before "throwing it all away" or something, maybe at most give him a "the store or me" ultimatum but did it very poorly. And, I mean, it is made clear that she's fast to jump to conclusions and misunderstand things. I wouldn't be that surprised that she's also bad at communicating her actual intent properly.
BWTraveller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-21, 14:24   Link #44
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I like her too, but the breakup was 100% her fault. If she wanted him to think things through (a very legitimate concern), she should have told him so and stayed with him to help him do it. For that matter, she should have waited for more information before giving any ultimatum, especially since she apparently wasn't that attached to Tokyo.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-21, 21:16   Link #45
BWTraveller
Born to ship

No argument there. Like I said, she tends to jump to conclusions, and apparently also is very bad at communicating things on her end as well. Result being that her “stop and think because I’m not sure I can go with you” came out as “screw you I’m gone have a good life”.
Old 2022-04-21, 22:38   Link #46
HandofFate

yea I think its fine, characters are allowed to have flaws, and she makes a very good contrast to the MC.
Old 2022-04-21, 23:13   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
There's no question that she was more in the wrong here. It would be hard from his perspective to see Kanako's actions as anything but dumping him.

Though I think it's possible for her to convince herself that she was dumped. Maybe she expected a back and forth discussion. He'd come at her to try to convince her to go with him or that he wouldn't seriously drop a dream he'd been chasing for a decade that easily. I have to wonder when exactly that she looked up the information about Japanese sweets. Was it in between talking with him and seeing that note or after? If it was before then maybe she was ready for him to fight for the relationship and was readying to give in if it came to that. Clearly from her perspective things were set up to talk about this more. Then she saw the note and treated it as him cutting ties.

Definitely more on her. A flaw on her side, but thankfully she was also the first to realize that things weren't what she thought. So there is hope to rekindle things.

Weirdly this reminds me of a situation in another show I saw years ago. One character actually trying to push their love interest into an argument so they could clear the air and figure things out. But they took things in a way that was unexpected, initially gave up on the relationship, and things got complicated. So maybe that's used more in fiction than I realized.
Old 2022-04-22, 01:27   Link #48
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
It was definitely Kanako that broke up with him. I have no idea how from any perspective Nagomu can be considered the one that broke them up.
Yup, pretty much my thought. Either the anime left out monologue or something, or the story wants to portray her as a bit wacky in the head. And I didn't really see that wackiness or wackiness to come from her character outside of that flashback.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 05:06   Link #49
ryllharu

I like Kanoko and Nagomu. They fit well together, since they're both mildly on the idiot side who get swept up into things very easily. He's intensely passionate and prone to rushing into things, and she reacts before she thinks.

How they broke up doesn't really matter. That they've managed to reconnect again is what matters.

Nagomu is more attentive to Kanoko than she portrayed to Itsuka, and Kanoka protests, but she's still very much in love with him. I was kind of expecting him to give her some western sweets, but I guess she was just lying about that anyway.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 14:48   Link #50
grecefar

I didn't expect to see Itsuka father this early in the game, in fact I didn't expect him to appear at all in this season, but he we are. It is more than obvious now that he is nagomu's senpai.

He has dead eyes so let's see what is the story, is he a dick or something is going on.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-27, 16:18   Link #51
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Definitely more on her. A flaw on her side, but thankfully she was also the first to realize that things weren't what she thought. So there is hope to rekindle things.
The new episode seem to suggest that she didn't realize it though, as based on the talk she had with Itsuka, it seems like she still considers that Nagomu dumped her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
He has dead eyes so let's see what is the story, is he a dick or something is going on.
My guess is, he became a failure and couldn't achieve his dream. And since he couldn't support his daughter and didn't have a way back home, he left Itsuka with Nagumo's family instead.

Old 2022-04-27, 20:25   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Ok, does Kanoko still have herself convinced that Nagomu dumped her? I figured the previous episode was obvious enough that she pieced it together. But she doesn't exactly refute Ichika's opinion that he dumped her. I guess she could just be playing nice because she is fine with this misunderstanding remaining just that. But she literally moved out here with the obvious intention of staying close to the guy she loves. So why waste time letting things stay like this?

I get the story doing it. That allows the musician girl in episode 2 remain a rival. But not like Kanoko herself has much reason to hold back. Tricking someone like Nagomu to think that she just happened to decide to live there is easy enough. But that seems even dumber than how she acted that lead to their breakup in the first place. Of course things can go back to the way they were. The breakup was over nothing and what reasons sparked it have been completely eradicated by her moving out there.

Still the preview bringing Mitsuru back into it does keep the point of this fresh. Need to keep that love triangle going. In that way it might have made more sense to have the breakup be a bit more legitimate, but that's fine I guess.

I'm more amazed that Itsuka's father is actually hanging around in the area. For a guy that abandoned his child he didn't really branch out very far. I guess that's a necessity so they can eventually run into him near the end of the season for maximum dramatic effect. He does seem like a pretty sad individual though. Is basically just jumping on whatever musical job he can get while seemingly not being successful enough to have anything reliable.

The logic of his actions is obvious to follow. He really liked that place and Nagomu's home seemed as good a place to abandon his child as any...Probably convincing himself that it was for Itsuka's best interest since he wasn't bringing in enough money. And he's just there as a good contrast for Nagomu. This guy when faced with the reality that his dream wasn't going to put food on the table decided to abandon his daughter to keep chasing that dream. When Nagomu was faced with that same reality...he went home. It sucks and he still likes the guitar, but he chose his family.

The one interesting thing for Nagomu is having to face that he can't stretch in two different directions. Once he started focusing back on the family business his body just started naturally aligning with it. Playing the guitar in episode 1 might be one of the only times we see him with his guitar for a while.
Old 2022-05-04, 15:27   Link #53
grecefar

itsuka knows now that women can be scary, pretty funny first part.

next chapter we see itsuka mother trying to get her, she seems like the one who found a rich guy and now wants to save face by wanting the daughter now and look good, we all know itsuka won't leave. Itsuka only cares about her father.
Old 2022-05-04, 15:28   Link #54
Huh...?

Itsuka wishes to become like Mitsuru & Kanoko when she grows up, only to end up regretting asking that wish to God a few moments later, when she sees how Scary those two were.

Old 2022-05-04, 18:07   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I love Itsuka realizing how awkward things could get and being incredibly nervous the whole time . And for good reason. When the jealousy switch was flipped for Mitsuru she definitely got a bit scary. But wow, nothing compared to what came later! Mitsuru eager to make friends with Kanoko since it'd be easier on Nagomu if his future girlfriend and his ex-girlfriend aren't antagonistic towards each other ! Kanoko is just looking down on Mitsuru as just being in love with the idea of being in love and thinks Nagomu won't think twice about her.

Good luck Itsuka! Got her traumas freshly revived! Though understandably she's baffled how Nagomu is in the middle of a love triangle.

Grandma wasn't bad. Not all that much to say about her visit. But it was nice.
Old 2022-05-04, 23:04   Link #56
Strahan

Funny episode with Itsuka getting a glimpse of the way they think, lol. I wonder how long it will be, if ever, when the writer moves on from the "butt monkey Nagomu" routine. It has its amusing moments, but five episodes in is getting a bit stale IMO.
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 00:37   Link #57
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, that look on her face is priceless. Even at ten, she knows that this is not likely to end well.

And I agree, I want some more maturity on Nagomu's part. Some more demonstration of actual improvement, at least a minor decrease in the constant declarations of "you're useless and a nuisance anyway" from everyone all the time, or even just some more demonstration that Itsuka's starting to develop some attachment and/or respect for him, as the ending suggests she eventually will. One could suggest that Grandma's constant abuse is a demonstration that she has high expectations of him and believes he can reach them (and she seems currently the only one who hasn't called him useless or dismissed him in any way).
Old 2022-05-06, 00:49   Link #58
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Though understandably she's baffled how Nagomu is in the middle of a love triangle.
Not only baffled, but worried as well, considering she brought him Orange's with Longer-life blessing(?) as a souvenir, since she understands that it could become a bloodbath around him which might danger his life.

Old 2022-05-06, 20:10   Link #59
Wandering Soul

Kanako and Mitsuru certainly succeeded in making Itsuka regret her choice of role models
Old 2022-05-11, 15:06   Link #60
grecefar

Well I was pretty wrong about itsuka's mother.

She had every right to take her away but instead she did listened to her and let her stay because that was what itsuka wants. I'm glad they are keeping in touch she still is her mother and can be part of her life now.

Tags
cooking