AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2008-12-08, 17:56   Link #1201
ElldenStorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Even in the original Gundam shows, we've seen Gundams lose to non-Gundam mobile suits. And there have been non-Gundam mobile suits that are technologically more advanced than a Gundam. For example, take the Vayeate and the Mercurius from Gundam Wing--not Gundams, but more advanced than any of the original Gundam units in the show.
You know, I wouldn't actually consider Mercurius and Vayete non-Gundams. Seriously! They were built on Gundanium Alloy, the same as the Gundams in Wing, which we all know was the cornerstone of what made a Gundam in that series. And furthermore they were built by the exact same scientists that built the gundams with all the same technological bells and whistles. Even the pilots remarked that the control systems were virtually identical. The only distinction that you can HONESTLY apply to them, is their aesthetic design, which does not fall into traditional mold of gundam design (most notably the mono-eye and V-Fin, but also the overall non-gundam body design), and that they were later converted into Mobile Dolls. They were most definately, solidly in the Gundam Category in my book.
ElldenStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 17:58   Link #1202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The problem really is in terms of succeeding at anything. I'm fine with the Gundams not owning every suit that comes at them generally. But if your up against an opponent that has you incredibly outnumbered then if you don't outclass them in terms of the individual units then your dead. If you have a match of 100 vs 10 and they are all at the same level then its clear who is going to win. Unless 40+ Gundams start coming out of the woodwork find it hard to see how CB is going to do more than constantly run away from the enemy.

I'm just trying to figure out how anything is to be accomplished. Have as skilled if not more skilled pilots on the A-LAWS side and suit tech isn't a wide casm either.
Old 2008-12-08, 17:59   Link #1203
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElldenStorm View Post
You know, I wouldn't actually consider Mercurius and Vayete non-Gundams. Seriously! They were built on Gundanium Alloy, the same as the Gundams in Wing, which we all know was the cornerstone of what made a Gundam in that series. And furthermore they were built by the exact same scientists that built the gundams with all the same technological bells and whistles. Even the pilots remarked that the control systems were virtually identical. The only distinction that you can HONESTLY apply to them, is their aesthetic design, which does not fall into traditional mold of gundam design (most notably the mono-eye and V-Fin, but also the overall non-gundam body design), and that they were later converted into Mobile Dolls. They were most definately, solidly in the Gundam Category in my book.
I considered that, but I figured that they weren't considered actual Gundams because they didn't look like Gundams, and because they were never called Gundams. The Gundams were the symbol of their enemy, and they wouldn't want such a symbol in their ranks. Look at what happened to Deathscythe and Shenlong--instead of repairing them and using them as elite units, they destroyed the Deathscythe and dismantled the Shenlong.

Furthermore, while the Gundanium alloy was used to create them, that doesn't necessarily make them Gundams--the Virgos were made from the same alloy as well, but you wouldn't consider them Gundams, would you?
Old 2008-12-08, 17:59   Link #1204
Hamachi

I'm curious, what's Gundam Arios's advantage among the four Gundams?

Cherudim can snipe, Seravee can tank + wtfbbq cannons, and of course 00 is already imba with twin drives + O-Raiser.

What's special about Arios? A puny (imo) a GN twin beam rifle and some standard weapons such as beam sabers. Ok, Arios can transform into MA, but what's really the point of it, just for the claw thingy? If it is for speed, 00 is already superior (i think).
Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 18:02   Link #1205
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
I'm curious, what's Gundam Arios's advantage among the four Gundams?

Cherudim can snipe, Seravee can tank + wtfbbq cannons, and of course 00 is already imba with twin drives + O-Raiser.

What's special about Arios? A puny (imo) a GN twin beam rifle and some standard weapons such as beam sabers. Ok, Arios can transform into MA, but what's really the point of it, just for the claw thingy? If it is for speed, 00 is already superior (i think).
That's what the GN-Archer is for. Just like how the Gundam Exia and Gundam Dynames were the only Gundams compatible with the GN-Arms.
Old 2008-12-08, 18:30   Link #1206
LordStrike
Gundam Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
That's what the GN-Archer is for. Just like how the Gundam Exia and Gundam Dynames were the only Gundams compatible with the GN-Arms.
i also believe the speed also is something that gundam has but that's just me O_O
LordStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 18:31   Link #1207
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
i also believe the speed also is something that gundam has but that's just me O_O
Possibly. I do know that its predecessor, the Gundam Kyrios, had the distinction of being the first (and at its time, only) mobile suit capable of a proper mid-air transformation, as it had been designed for it. The Realdo, Flag, and Enact all could transform, but not on their own as they weren't designed for mid-air transformation.
Old 2008-12-08, 18:42   Link #1208
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
Yes, apparently, at full potential i believe Arios is suppose to be the fastest mobile suit existing.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 19:29   Link #1209
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Although Arios is fast, he's not as "mobile" as Double 0. Double 0 can cut corners and do all these maneuvers with his Twin Drive vernier system, but not the Arios.

That really dumbs down Arios' ability. It seems liek Arios is getting the least out of the 4 so far in terms of equipments on the suit itself (not add-ons).

Every first generation gundam, including their suit specific themes, have extra aces up their sleeves.
Dynames had shields.
Exia had seven swords.
Virtue had Nadleeh
Nadleeh had Trial system
Kyrios had his claw (which was a formidable melee weapon)

This time around we havent seen any aces hidden for Arios. We've seen plenty for Double 0 and Seravee. Cherudim's got his mobile bits and his super trans-am sniping mode visor (although not yet shown in the anime). Arios' got squat....
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 19:37   Link #1210
Hamachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
Although Arios is fast, he's not as "mobile" as Double 0. Double 0 can cut corners and do all these maneuvers with his Twin Drive vernier system, but not the Arios.

That really dumbs down Arios' ability. It seems liek Arios is getting the least out of the 4 so far in terms of equipments on the suit itself (not add-ons).

Every first generation gundam, including their suit specific themes, have extra aces up their sleeves.
Dynames had shields.
Exia had seven swords.
Virtue had Nadleeh
Nadleeh had Trial system
Kyrios had his claw (which was a formidable melee weapon)

This time around we havent seen any aces hidden for Arios. We've seen plenty for Double 0 and Seravee. Cherudim's got his mobile bits and his super trans-am sniping mode visor (although not yet shown in the anime). Arios' got squat....

Arios has Hallelujah

Yeah, I agree, we don't see Arios take the spotlight very often.
Hamachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 19:41   Link #1211
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
00 is superior in term of mobility, not speed. Now if they are both in chasing mission, Arios would do the trick.
Old 2008-12-08, 19:44   Link #1212
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
00 is superior in term of mobility, not speed. Now if they are both in chasing mission, Arios would do the trick.
But if you compare the output of both MS, 00 clearly would have higher speed.

The Twin Drive's output compared to a single drive is like comparing a rocket's output to a jet engine's, the rocket capable of reaching mach 24 and a jet engine mach 2+.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 19:49   Link #1213
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

The Twin Drive's output compared to a single drive is like comparing a rocket's output to a jet engine's, the rocket capable of reaching mach 24 and a jet engine mach 2+.
But if 00 needed the add-on in order to not beak down, it would be like the F-1 racing cars that are theoretically faster than the competition, but always never finish the race because the engine explodes before reaching the finish line.
00 needed an add-on to reach max output. Thus to be fair, you would have to compare the speed of 00+addon with Arios+Addon.
Old 2008-12-08, 19:53   Link #1214
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
But if 00 needed the add-on in order to not beak down, it would be like the F-1 racing cars that are theoretically faster than the competition, but always never finish the race because the engine explodes before reaching the finish line.
00 needed an add-on to reach max output. Thus to be fair, you would have to compare the speed of 00+addon with Arios+Addon.
I see lol

I guess we'll have to wait for 00 Raiser and GN Archer + Arios to actually have a good match.

Old 2008-12-08, 19:54   Link #1215
jonli
JONLIの憂'

I really want the claw with a hidden blade back for Arios .

Let's hope the GN-Archer would some-how satisfy this.
Old 2008-12-08, 19:57   Link #1216
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post

Not necessarily. There are other factors that go into speed beside just energy output. The Arios is more streamline and has less air resistance than the 00. The Arios might also be lighter so less propulsion would be needed to move it, even in space.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 20:14   Link #1217
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Not necessarily. There are other factors that go into speed beside just energy output. The Arios is more streamline and has less air resistance than the 00. The Arios might also be lighter so less propulsion would be needed to move it, even in space.
For atmospheric flight, I'll give it to Arios for aerodynamics.

But for weight, the output simply makes it insignificant.

Taking that Twin Drive squares the output of a single drive, unless 00's weight is like the square of Ario's weight, that output would push 00 faster than Arios no matter what.

I'll reuse the rocket vs jet engine comparison. A rocket is definitely many times heavier than a jet fighter, but they still travel several times faster because of the immense output.

Old 2008-12-08, 23:09   Link #1218
UltimateClash

Spoiler for The other unit the Archer can dock with:

Clever, Really Clever....
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 23:15   Link #1219
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateClash View Post
Spoiler for The other unit the Archer can dock with:

Clever, Really Clever....
Sarcasm

Because I don't think its clever at all
Old 2008-12-08, 23:21   Link #1220
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Its actually saying its the original gimmick of the models. Most likely it means its a special feature of the models and not possible in the anime.