Originally Posted by Eleutheria View Post

Spoiler:
Spoiler for Bushido:
miles316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 09:42   Link #9202
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

The impression I got from what little I understand of the dialogue is that Mr. Bushido expected Setsuna to appear by that part of the world due to the news of the coup.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 09:50   Link #9203
miles316

Smile hidden agendas

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The impression I got from what little I understand of the dialogue is that Mr. Bushido expected Setsuna to appear by that part of the world due to the news of the coup.
So graham/Bushido is not part of the Coup is just using it to trap Setsuna for their battle. Every masked character in gundam has hidden agenda I am just waiting for Bushido to reveal his.
Old 2009-01-18, 10:05   Link #9204
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles316 View Post
So graham/Bushido is not part of the Coup is just using it to trap Setsuna for their battle. Every masked character in gundam has hidden agenda I am just waiting for Bushido to reveal his.
Bushido doesn't HAVE a hidden agenda. He is the first one to not have an agenda, proven by the fact that he doesn't care about A-Laws. 00 throws a lot of rules out the window.
Old 2009-01-18, 10:08   Link #9205
miles316

Smile denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Bushido doesn't HAVE a hidden agenda. He is the first one to not have an agenda, proven by the fact that he doesn't care about A-Laws. 00 throws a lot of rules out the window.
Its just that graham is my favorite non Meister ms pilot and I don't like that he has become a complete bastard.
Old 2009-01-18, 10:27   Link #9206
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Its just that graham is my favorite non Meister ms pilot and I don't like that he has become a complete bastard.
But he isn't a bastard at all. Mr Bushido is just your stereotypical "warrior" going around challenging people for the fun of it, like Ryu from Street Fighter. He don't have any personal grudge against Setsuna any more, this isn't revenge, but sport to him.
Old 2009-01-18, 10:49   Link #9207
miles316

Smile Charisma

Quote:
But he isn't a bastard at all. Mr Bushido is just your stereotypical "warrior" going around challenging people for the fun of it, like Ryu from Street Fighter. He don't have any personal grudge against Setsuna any more, this isn't revenge, but sport to him.
Graham has devolved in to some sort of Savage animal only thinking about combat at least in the first season he followed orders and had some self restraint. Some one has to lead the rebellion against the Federation and the A-LAWS/Innovators. Serge is a good pilot and a leader but he doesn't have the charisma Graham has that has endeared him to me.
Old 2009-01-18, 10:55   Link #9208
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Graham has devolved in to some sort of Savage animal only thinking about combat at least in the first season he followed orders and had some self restraint. Some one has to lead the rebellion against the Federation and the A-LAWS/Innovators. Serge is a good pilot and a leader but he doesn't have the charisma Graham has that has endeared him to me.
Mr Bushido is not a leader, he never was a leader.

The only thing holding him back last season was patriotism. But since he is no longer working for his country, he can do what he like.

There is a reason Graham is looked down upon in the 1st half of the story. Many other pilots considered him a freak, a guy would is only kept around because he was too good to throw away.

What made Graham charismatic, also made him impossible to work with. He KNOWS A-Laws is a crap organisation, so why would he want to be loyal to it since he doesn't have to?
Old 2009-01-18, 11:05   Link #9209
tanqexe

In a way I feel that Bushido is like Captain Ahab or Eddie Brock/Venom, except the revenge part. He has a strong one-sided love-hate relationship with Setsuna/00 Gundam forged over their repeated encounters. I suspect, though, that even if he did beat Setsuna, he'll feel hollow inside. Graham as he is now is a mere shell of a man, without motivation to any ideal other than beating the Gundam.
tanqexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 11:20   Link #9210
miles316

Smile willpower

Quote:
Mr Bushido is not a leader, he never was a leader.

The only thing holding him back last season was patriotism. But since he is no longer working for his country, he can do what he like.

There is a reason Graham is looked down upon in the 1st half of the story. Many other pilots considered him a freak, a guy would is only kept around because he was too good to throw away.

What made Graham charismatic, also made him impossible to work with. He KNOWS A-Laws is a crap organisation, so why would he want to be loyal to it since he doesn't have to?
Patriotism doesn't just go away. Graham/Bushido the patriot had found out the ultimate truth about the innovators and the Faustian deal the A-LAWS/FED made with them. would Graham not put aside his blood lust for OO. Like Char putting his grudge against Amaro aside to fight the Titans in Gundam Zeta.
Old 2009-01-18, 11:24   Link #9211
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanqexe View Post
In a way I feel that Bushido is like Captain Ahab or Eddie Brock/Venom, except the revenge part. He has a strong one-sided love-hate relationship with Setsuna/00 Gundam forged over their repeated encounters. I suspect, though, that even if he did beat Setsuna, he'll feel hollow inside. Graham as he is now is a mere shell of a man, without motivation to any ideal other than beating the Gundam.
From my point of view, this kind of deconstruction of Graham's personality is necessary, if only to ensure that the mask on his face exists.

After all, what would compel a man to wear a mask all day?

Bushido doesn't wear a mask to hide his real identity, like the other masked Gundam antagonists. Bushido wear a mask because his original face no longer fit what he is inside. In that sense, he is as hollow on the inside, as the mask he wears on his face.

Quote:
Patriotism doesn't just go away. Graham/Bushido the patriot had found out the ultimate truth about the innovators and the Faustian deal the A-LAWS/FED made with them. would Graham not put aside his blood lust for OO. Like Char putting his grudge against Amaro aside to fight the Titans in Gundam Zeta.
It depends. Graham may return, but that assumes he survive his current self-destructive path. And with an equally self-destructive Billy helping him out, they are like a pair of lemmings rushing to destruction while cheering each other on.

Yes, Graham might eventually re-surface if there is something deep inside that survived. I wouldn't rule that out. It's just that right now, he is terribly alone, with no one left who could tell him to return to his former self.
Old 2009-01-18, 11:35   Link #9212
miles316

Smile nature vs nurture

Quote:
From my point of view, this kind of deconstruction of Graham's personality is necessary, if only to ensure that the mask on his face exists.

Bushido doesn't wear a mask to hide his real identity, like the other masked Gundam antagonists. Bushido wear a mask because his original face no longer fit what he is inside. In that sense, he is as hollow on the inside, as the mask he wears on his face.
I wonder if he lost him memory only having his innate skills and training left allowing A-LAWS to shape his shattered mind turning him in to what ever they want.
Old 2009-01-18, 11:37   Link #9213
tanqexe

Quote:
When a man is too pretty and his pheromones are a-blazing, the female mob's a'comin'. Graham, usually the loner, is too much man for any single woman to handle

Kidding aside, I wonder what would happen if Setsuna decisively beats Bushido - would the Graham inside him realize his internal emptiness and do something about it? Bit of a Jubei-chan vs Ryujoji Shinkage vibe.
tanqexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 11:57   Link #9214
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I wonder if he lost him memory only having his innate skills and training left allowing A-LAWS to shape his shattered mind turning him in to what ever they want.
It would be the worst brain-washing job if that's the case. The first thing a brain-washing session need to do, is to instate loyalty. And as such, Mr Bushido is most definitely not brainwashed due to his disinterest in A-Laws's wellbeing.
Old 2009-01-18, 12:07   Link #9215
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
It would be the worst brain-washing job if that's the case. The first thing a brain-washing session need to do, is to instate loyalty. And as such, Mr Bushido is most definitely not brainwashed due to his disinterest in A-Laws's wellbeing.
Various incarnations of Megatron from the Transformer series allowed dissemination and treachery in the ranks from mainly 1 or 2 members because he could always count on their random behavior as a chaotic influence on his plans, basically he can handle them any time he wishes but the Autobots not so much.

What I am getting at is chaotic but predictable characters set forth by a main villain is not that rare.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-18, 12:18   Link #9216
miles316

Smile bastard

Quote:
I use the term bastard like people call Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs from NCIS a bastard. A man with a single minded drive in his job which has cost him three marriages any cymbalist of a social life and drives him to build a boat in his basement which he will never be able to move out of their. These personality traits are only countered by his fanatical loyalty towards his underlings Tony, Maggee, Zeva, Abby, Ducky and his unrequited love for the late jenny Shepherd. His hatred of Terrorist, Murderers, Child Abusers, traitors, The CIA. In the end he can still decides when he has crossed the line and when to stop. I just want to now that graham has this ability I now he has nothing to live or fight for.
Old 2009-01-19, 14:47   Link #9217
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

I thought it was established long ago that Graham doesn't really care for what A-LAWS does...since ep 1 of the second season it looked like he only wanted to fight Setsuna...in fact i think the only person he has fought so far was Setsuna.

Any ways...any got the spoilers for the next few eps?
Old 2009-01-19, 15:22   Link #9218
Miles Teg

Spoiler for episodes 16 and 17:
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-19, 15:51   Link #9219
Tyrone Biggums
Crack Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles Teg View Post
Spoiler for episodes 16 and 17:
Spoiler for ep 17:
Old 2009-01-19, 15:52   Link #9220