Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-04-19, 02:57   Link #4361
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I've seen a lot of material refer to the 00 Raiser with the combined model number combination, so I think that's pretty much official at this point.
Oh, that's never in question. Just that most people see the 00 Raiser and think of it as a single mobile suit. While it does act and is considered as one, it's still technically a mobile suit + support weapon combination, like the Archer Arios, Sefer Rasiel or the GN Armor. The base component of the system is the 00 Gundam, and considering only the base components of the mobile suits, the 00 Gundam is no powerful than the other three.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 12:24   Link #4362
helois

what kind of weapon is the blade inside the Gn Shield of the Gundam Kyrios?

a GN Knife?
helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 13:48   Link #4363
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by helois View Post
what kind of weapon is the blade inside the Gn Shield of the Gundam Kyrios?

a GN Knife?
The whole thing is called a GN-Shield Claw. The blade within it is likely of the same design as the GN-Sword weapons, a solid blade infused with a large amount of GN-Particles to increase its cutting power.
Old 2009-04-19, 14:00   Link #4364
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Officially though, it's just called a "GN Shield", despite the claw . Even for the Arios, the claw weapon is still only known as the "GN Beam Shield".

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2009-04-21, 02:29   Link #4365
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
I honestly don't see the tactical advantage of the Susanowo being able to combine its katanas. The other blade is facing the enemy while the other is facing you and you have less angles to move your weapon. The only angle I see this weapon being useful is if you move the weapon at an angle which allows the lower blade to slash, but then if blocked, it kinda makes the first blade redudant and also leave you open for a counter-attack.

Or maybe I just don't know how swordsmanship works...
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 02:38   Link #4366
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Isn't that claw heated?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 04:12   Link #4367
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
yes, u could see the heat effects the first time it was used
Old 2009-04-21, 07:29   Link #4368
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
I honestly don't see the tactical advantage of the Susanowo being able to combine its katanas. The other blade is facing the enemy while the other is facing you and you have less angles to move your weapon. The only angle I see this weapon being useful is if you move the weapon at an angle which allows the lower blade to slash, but then if blocked, it kinda makes the first blade redudant and also leave you open for a counter-attack.

Or maybe I just don't know how swordsmanship works...
Neither do I but I think I can see it being advantageous in some ways.It makes it easier to swing your blade behind you to block if needed.Or maybe it can be used like a spear like 00 did for it's combination form.

But it is a katana not an ordinary broadsword,so it's not dual-angle like 00's GN Sword,which downgrades it abit in this form.

The other advantage I can think off that it allows the pilot to do a cool spinning 360 degree move,like a helicopters rotor.

I assume the blades are seperatable though,if not somebody in A-LAWS engineering department needs to be fired(Stares at Billy).Though I'm not a big fan of Susano in the first place.Original Masuruo all the way.
Old 2009-04-21, 07:41   Link #4369
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I assume the blades are seperatable though,if not somebody in A-LAWS engineering department needs to be fired(Stares at Billy).
The blades are seperatable, otherwise they wouldn't be combinable in the first place

Old 2009-04-21, 08:09   Link #4370
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
The blades are seperatable, otherwise they wouldn't be combinable in the first place
And the swords were also seperate when we saw Susanowo for the first time. We see them combine when Bushido announces the name of his unit.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 08:33   Link #4371
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Flores View Post
And the swords were also seperate when we saw Susanowo for the first time. We see them combine when Bushido announces the name of his unit.
Exactly along the lines of what I said, but you said it better. They were only combined when the Susanowo entered battle with the 00 Raiser.

Old 2009-04-21, 09:17   Link #4372
Exia_00
Gundam Meister

Send a message via MSN to Exia_00 Send a message via Yahoo to Exia_00
i wonder if the Susanwo still has the two beam Katanas as well as the combinable swords
Old 2009-04-21, 11:47   Link #4373
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I don't think so. Not many places on the machine to store them, really; and considering the design of the hilts of the beam katanas, they can't be fit into the arms like the Flag and Enact do with the knife weapons.
Old 2009-04-21, 11:51   Link #4374
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

There is the suggestion that the solid blades on the Susanowo might double as beam sabers, judging from pics of the lineart showing their handles to be detachable. No evidence of this function has been clarified though.

Old 2009-04-21, 14:18   Link #4375
nevenacheese

to use the combined swords/katana's bushido has to use a fighting style that doesnt suit him, he likes to fight directly and not trying to stay out of range. . . when using spears or combined blades you'd try to stay out of your enemy's sword range and then try to stab or making an horizontal/diagonal strike using your range...... i dont see bushido using a 'cowards' tactic.
nevenacheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 14:31   Link #4376
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

A combined blade has the same range and hit radius as a single blade, it is entirely different from a spear as well.

There are fighting styles that can work for blades arranged the same way as Susanowo's, but I don't see Bushido wielding it that way. And yes, its using them like a propeller blade, you either spin the blade itself, or you have to rotate your own body.

Another use for a blade that back faces the enemy is for blocking, though we don't see Bushido using it as well. When you block with a sword, you don't block with the blade, its a wrong thing to do that's always shown on TV. When you block with the blade, it blunts the edge and damages it.

The correct way to block with a sword is the side of the sword or the back of the sword. Broad blades block with the flat and broad side of the blade, katanas block with the back. Susanowo's lower back facing blade can be lifted upwards for quick blocking.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 16:00   Link #4377
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
^^That makes sense,I guess I can see some advantages.
Old 2009-04-22, 21:31   Link #4378
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

New model numbers released today:

Spoiler for CB-0000G/C Reborns Gundam and Reborns Cannon & GN-001REII Gundam Exia Repair II:

Spoiler for Cherudim, Arios and Seravee GN Heavy Weapons (GNHW) upgrades::

Spoiler for Miscellaneous Details (including the Regnant's Gundam head):

Last edited by LoweGear; 2009-04-22 at 21:48.
Old 2009-04-22, 22:04   Link #4379
Tkpenalty
I Want GN Flag II

^^^^^ lol tbh in a real war the gaga units would probably the most effective units, not having useless extras such as legs. Do we need legs in space?

Seems like According to the models the Susanoo has three GN drives... am I slow to notice this?

Reiterating on Cherudium Seravee and Arios being 4th Generation Gundams, here are my arguments supporting it:

-They have a minutarised GN drive which lacks the GN Vernier flywheel unit (thrusterless movement), y'know that cone thingy. They are assembled 100% Differently.
I think I know why 00's GN drives are so small, the first gen GN drives had two flywheels, on one drive whilst the 00 had two drives, thus allowing only for one flywheel per drive. I dunno.
-The GN condenser and GN drive are both decentralised from the torso, with more than one condenser used, so the main one is much smaller.
-Seravee, Cherudim and Arios now seem to rely solely on thrusters, probably because GN technology is utilised by everyone now, thus the conservative release of GN particles from the GN Vernier unit isnt needed.
-Cockpit as a result of the GN drive being moved away is now right inside torso, instead of being "strapped on" to the outside of the GN drive and condenser.
Tkpenalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-22, 22:18   Link #4380
UltimateClash

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
New model numbers released today:

Spoiler for CB-0000G/C Reborns Gundam and Reborns Cannon & GN-001REII Gundam Exia Repair II:

Spoiler for Cherudim, Arios and Seravee GN Heavy Weapons (GNHW) upgrades::

Spoiler for Miscellaneous Details (including the Regnant's Gundam head):

You missed the best one.

Spoiler for Jagd Arche:
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote