AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-08-17, 03:59   Link #121
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
IMO Homura and Madoka is the only pair I can interpret romantically regardless of whatever Urobuchi says. I do think when he said that about Homura and Madoka he was just being careful of his words so not to alienate some people. He can be a bit confusing and contradictory at times though I'm excited for the 3rd movie though.
He's a huge troll. Always keep that in mind whenever he says something.

With stuff like this, I usually keep the views of several people in mind (not just Urbutcher but Shinbo as well,) because even if Urobuchi created the concept, Shinbo was the guy who actually put it together, and I even consider the seiyuu's views on the matter because from my perspective, they're the ones who make the characters who they are.

(To be fair, logically I think Kyoko x Mami is a much better pairing due to reading the Different Story manga several times by now...but emotionally I'm still more invested in Kyoko x Sayaka. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, I vaguely recall reading Urobuchi say in an interview that he struggles with romances. So I think that's something that perhaps should be kept in mind here. If he struggles with romances, he might be disinclined to view the most important character relationships in his works as romantic in nature. He may be more comfortable viewing them as platonic friendships.
Yeah, romances and relationships definitely aren't Urobuchi's strong point (not sure if I seen a well-written romantic relationship in any of his works, honestly.)

EDIT...

Quote:
I have mixed feelings on KyouSaya.

Some of the very best doujins I've read are KyouSaya. These tend to be very well-written for yuri doujins. I won't deny that they're also kinda hot.

I also think that Kyouko's sudden and incredible in-canon 180 towards Sayaka is actually best explained by Kyouko having/developing a serious attraction for Sayaka.

However, what Sayaka felt for Kyouko at Episode 8 of PMMM is largely a matter of speculation. Sayaka did open up a bit to Kyouko there, so I wouldn't completely rule out a hypothetical KyouSaya romance. So I think there's room there for KyouSaya shippers to support it, but I certainly don't think it's definitive.
Well, like I said, I definitely thought that Kyouko's and Sayaka's arcs were a bit too rushed and didn't leave enough character development.

Quote:
With Madoka Magica, I think it's best to keep an open-mind about shippings and romance possibilities, though I will say that HomuMado can probably be viewed as a sort of presumed canon pairing in the same way that NanoFate are. It's not 100% unquestionable, but it is the most believable possible romance in Madoka Magic (well, amongst yuri options at least).
Honestly, it's interesting that you bring up NanoFate; many people say that it's a "sisterly love" because it isn't official, however I really have a hard time believing that at all by just watching StrikerS, nevermind reading ViVid. I believe that "not confirming it" is more of an way to make sure the Fate-loving otaku don't become pissed off. :P Interestingly, while Nanoha isn't as popular as Madoka, somehow I think that Nanoha's characters (at least, Nanoha and Fate) attract much more hardcore fans than Madoka characters. Maybe it's because that Madoka characters aren't that well developed, or they don't fit the moe stereotypes as well as Nanoha. (Bit off topic, I know, so I'll stop here :P)

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos

Last edited by speedyexpress48; 2013-08-17 at 04:12.
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 04:23   Link #122
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyexpress48 View Post
He's a huge troll. Always keep that in mind whenever he says something.

With stuff like this, I usually keep the views of several people in mind (not just Urbutcher but Shinbo as well,) because even if Urobuchi created the concept, Shinbo was the guy who actually put it together, and I even consider the seiyuu's views on the matter because from my perspective, they're the ones who make the characters who they are.
Yes he is lol. And really, I don't expect him to outright say how yuri Homura's feelings for Madoka are. He also answered "Probably" to it which still gives the fans the room to think that Homura is in lesbian with Godoka. But then again, yuri fans will remain unshakable with or without the writer saying something non-shippy about the pair Also, to me, Urobuchi has some pure or weird perception about the sexual aspect in a Yuri relationship.

Quote:
(To be fair, logically I think Kyoko x Mami is a much better pairing due to reading the Different Story manga several times by now...but emotionally I'm still more invested in Kyoko x Sayaka. )
This I agree with. Imho, if there's someone out there who seems to be the perfect match for Kyouko, it's Mami. TDS was one emotional piece

Quote:
Honestly, it's interesting that you bring up NanoFate; many people say that it's a "sisterly love" because it isn't official, however I really have a hard time believing that at all by just watching StrikerS, nevermind reading ViVid.
NanoFate is official, atleast for me
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 05:16   Link #123
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Yes he is lol. And really, I don't expect him to outright say how yuri Homura's feelings for Madoka are. He also answered "Probably" to it which still gives the fans the room to think that Homura is in lesbian with Godoka. But then again, yuri fans will remain unshakable with or without the writer saying something non-shippy about the pair Also, to me, Urobuchi has some pure or weird perception about the sexual aspect in a Yuri relationship.
I wonder if he said that so he could throw yuri fans into a loop, actually. He is the kind of guy to flip when opinions become too popular. Makes interviews with him just that much more interesting.

Your Friendly Bitcoin Trader|Go Avs/Broncos
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 22:57   Link #124
OkamiNoKaze

What do you all think of Gen writing the newest Kamen Rider?
Old 2013-09-19, 23:07   Link #125
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
What do you all think of Gen writing the newest Kamen Rider?
It's a pretty natural fit, given how much Madoka was inspired by Kamen Rider.

I'm confident Gen will do a good job with it.

However, there's probably no writer who has contributed more to high-quality anime shows over the past 3 years than Gen has. Hate to see the guy scale back on anime-related work, or stop it entirely, which might happen since he now has to devote a lot of his time to Kamen Rider. I only hope Gen will be writing Psycho-Pass' 2nd season at least.
Old 2013-09-19, 23:31   Link #126
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Fruit+Sengoku Basara?

Doesn't seem much appealing. At least he said Gaim is inspired by early Hensei-era riders (Kuuga, Agito, Ryukki, Faiz - my favorite). So expect a hero with the power could drive him mad!

Oh, and I don't think he would stop with Anime. I read it on an interview with him on Henshin Justice.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 19:08   Link #127
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Why do you guys call him a troll
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 03:35   Link #128
EmagEvil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
... Because he said that he's making a maho shoujo anime with love & kindess, and at episode 3 OMGWTF LOL troll!

... BTW just get the 3 endings of Saya no Uta, it's not bad for a decenie old visual novel...
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 11:37   Link #129
chaos_alfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Because he constantly makes you get attached to characters and then he kills them.
chaos_alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 14:37   Link #130
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
... Because he said that he's making a maho shoujo anime with love & kindess, and at episode 3 OMGWTF LOL troll!

... BTW just get the 3 endings of Saya no Uta, it's not bad for a decenie old visual novel...
Hell no. I'm not touching Saya no Uta again. I've never been more disturbed by a visual novel in my life!
Old 2013-09-28, 08:37   Link #131
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Hell no. I'm not touching Saya no Uta again. I've never been more disturbed by a visual novel in my life!
Disturbing in a objectively bad way or just disturbing in a more emotionnal take due to the story's nature?
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 09:05   Link #132
GDB

I haven't played it, but I'd guess the visuals and general theme of the story if nothing else based on what I've seen.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 09:30   Link #133
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Disturbing in a objectively bad way or just disturbing in a more emotionnal take due to the story's nature?
The visuals can be a bit disturbing at times but it's so over the top that they really don't register much. Let's just say that yes they are gruesome but that wasn't what made that particular VN disturbing.

The story on the other hand is just wrong in all accounts. There are plenty of times where just imagining the stuff that was being told (but not shown) was enough to send shivers down my spine and get my stomach revolting.

I managed to see one of the endings but couldn't quite stomach continuing the trek towards the second one and from what people tell me the end wouldn't have changed much for me
Old 2013-09-28, 09:55   Link #134
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I haven't played it, but I'd guess the visuals and general theme of the story if nothing else based on what I've seen.
It's the greatest love story ever told. It's not very long (like 5 hours tops) so you should play it.
Old 2013-09-28, 10:05   Link #135
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It's the greatest love story ever told. It's not very long (like 5 hours tops) so you should play it.
Wow... seriously?

So "the greatest love story ever told" is something that would totally disgust most people just through its visuals?

I know people with pretty strong constitutions that had nightmares due to playing Saya no Uta.
Old 2013-09-28, 10:21   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Obviously that's my very subjective opinion. You need to look beyond the surface. Saya no Uta is messed up for sure, but that doesn't prevent it from delivering a powerful love story that crosses the boundaries of morals and taboos. It may not be the greatest but it's definitely the most twisted I've come across, and as such it's a very interesting work. Definitely worth checking out if you can stomach it.
Old 2013-09-28, 12:12   Link #137
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Wow... seriously?

So "the greatest love story ever told" is something that would totally disgust most people just through its visuals?

I know people with pretty strong constitutions that had nightmares due to playing Saya no Uta.
One ending just feels like what Tim Burton would have come with. It just needed a Danny Elfman song with those "Ahahaaaaaaaaaaahah" fairy voices to put the proverbial cherry on the cake.

As a finnish put it to me, one of Saya no Uta's threads is the monstruosity of humans and the humanity of monsters.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 12:30   Link #138
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well... I guess it depends which of the endings you're talking about.

Then again, nothing says more about a love that becomes "us against the world" like the one between a man who's physical senses have been warped and an alien who isn't as... uh... physically appealing to the rest of the world.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 12:43   Link #139
Triple_R
*Author

I'm definitely not saying that Saya no Uta is without its strengths. Yes, it is strong and powerful in certain ways.

I was just taken a bit aback by Kanon's specific compliment. I think most people would expect "the greatest love story ever told" to be, well, less messed up, and with less disturbing imagery. I know that's what I would expect. Still, I at least somewhat get where Kanon is coming from overall, although I do disagree with the specific compliment (even right off the top of my head and limiting myself to otaku properties, I'd go "Clannad" for that specific compliment).

Saya no Uta is certainly interesting and thought-provoking. I don't deny that.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-09-28 at 12:58.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 12:54   Link #140
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Saya no Uta is certainly interesting and thought-provoking. I don't deny that.
I wholeheartedly agree there. I couldn't quite stomach it all the way to the and, it just creeped me out way too much, but I can see how it's a very powerful story underneath all that gruesomeness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
As a finnish put it to me, one of Saya no Uta's threads is the monstruosity of humans and the humanity of monsters.
Seems about right.

Tags
urobuchi gen