AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-05, 09:52   Link #1
james0246

'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' (May 2014)

Well the first full trailer has been released, and it is a doozy. Multiple villains (too many? Throw'em all at the screen and see what sticks.), lots of action, hints at major canonical moments (Can't wait to be in an audience where everyone cheers when an innocent girl is brutally murdered? ). Whether the movie will be good or not seems almost irrelevant to the sheer power of this locomotive franchise rushing forward.

Official release will be May 2014.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 10:15   Link #2
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Looks awesome although the last part verges on video game-ish.

Interested in how they handle the Goblin situation. Looks like it's Harry as had been leaked a few days back. They might be taking a little inspiration from The Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon. Electro and Rhino both look awesome. Overall looking forward to this, my third most anticipated movie of next year behind Cap 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy, and ahead of X-Men DOFP and Godzilla.

Anyone notice the Vulture and Doc Okc easter eggs?

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-12-05 at 12:08.
Suzuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 11:35   Link #3
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Anyone notice the Vulture and Doc Okc easter eggs?
Personally...that kind of easter egg is ruined because they showed it in the trailer =\

I can only hope they can pull off three villains better than Spider Man 3...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 11:45   Link #4
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

"Too many villains"?
Oh dear... That sounds familiar. Have we learned nothing from Spiderman 3?
Old 2013-12-05, 11:48   Link #5
GDB

To be fair, too many villains was just one of many issues in Spiderman 3.

Still looking to be better than Man of Steel 2, which is going to have too many heroes. They just cast Wonder Woman for it too.

That said, with so many villains showing up, plus easter eggs for other possible villains, I could easily see the 4th movie being a Sinister Six movie.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 12:04   Link #6
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Well the problem with SM3 was not necessarily there were too many villains, it's that there were too many villains with individual storylines. That's a distinction people don't realize. Sandman, Venom/the Symbiote, and Proto Goblin were all completely separate plotlines that just happened to segway toward the end. It felt like a clusterfuck. If Rhino, Electro, and Goblin are all connected to the same plotline in this movie, Rhino has limited screentime, Goblin is Harry for most of the film, and Electro is the clear main villain, then it will feel much more organic and having 3 villains won't be a problem.

Also, I think the guy wearing the Fedora in this trailer is the same guy who was in the post-credit scene of TASM, and I think it's The Gentleman, the guy who assembled the Sinister Six in the comics.

Quote:
Still looking to be better than Man of Steel 2, which is going to have too many heroes. They just cast Wonder Woman for it too.
I'd be surprised if the Wonder Woman and Flash stuff were more than cameos with Diana Prince and Barry Allen or whatever Flash they use before they become heroes. Probably just setting up that they exist in the universe and establishing them before they get their own films in 2016. The only "extra" hero I think will get significant time outside Batman and Superman in that movie is Nightwing.
Old 2013-12-05, 15:44   Link #7
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Wait, that's Rhino ?! My Spiderman is really rusty but I could have sworn Rhino wasn't a mech
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 16:22   Link #8
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Mecha-Rhino perked my interest.

Old 2013-12-05, 16:35   Link #9
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Mecha-Rhino perked my interest.

No, "RhinoThunderZoid"

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 17:28   Link #10
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Wait, that's Rhino ?! My Spiderman is really rusty but I could have sworn Rhino wasn't a mech
Ultimate Rhino is

Old 2013-12-05, 17:32   Link #11
Skane
Anime Snark

That still looks "Humanoid" though. This movie version of Rhino is more like a bipedal Black Rhimos. Which is awesome in itself.

Cheers.
Old 2013-12-05, 17:36   Link #12
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

In that poster that was released it looks like a Zoid.
Old 2013-12-05, 17:56   Link #13
GDB

Couple of my observations now that I've been able to watch it:

1) I really hope those scenes aren't considered a finished product. Spider-Man looks way too much like a clay model or CG plastered onto the screen. If that isn't fixed, I may have to throw in the towel on the movie.

2) Despite all the talk about Harry being the Goblin, it looks more like Norman in the suit. Based purely on hair, at least.

3) Gwen's still cute. Really hope they don't kill her off yet.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 18:11   Link #14
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Rhino works better as an underling/lackey, so having him in the mix just suggests he's working for someone else, probably Osborne. I dunno about having Electro in there too, but Spider Man is at its best when it's spinning multiple plot threads at once (into a big web ), so it's not necessarily a deal breaker. Spider Man TAS loved throwing in tons of villains at once and it always worked. Possibly Osborne is scheming in the background using Rhino to do his dirty work and Electro is potentially in his way.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-05, 21:03   Link #15
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Couple of my observations now that I've been able to watch it:

1) I really hope those scenes aren't considered a finished product. Spider-Man looks way too much like a clay model or CG plastered onto the screen. If that isn't fixed, I may have to throw in the towel on the movie.

2) Despite all the talk about Harry being the Goblin, it looks more like Norman in the suit. Based purely on hair, at least.

3) Gwen's still cute. Really hope they don't kill her off yet.
It looks nothing like Norman in the suit. The hair doesn't even look like Chris Cooper's.

I'm pretty sure Harry is acting as the Proto Goblin in this film universe. You can tell the armor isn't finished and neither is the Goblin Serum, likely. He's probably taking orders from his father and Norman is using him as a test dummy before using the serum himself next film.
Old 2013-12-05, 21:54   Link #16
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Looks like Osborne will be the mastermind or the boss behind all the enemy in Amazing Spiderman 2 (and maybe 3).
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 01:31   Link #17
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So what... we got Green Goblin, Electro, and Rhi-... Wait... didn't the Amazing Spider-Man videogame portray Rhino as a mutant... thing?

Eh, whatever... considering how meh the first movie was to me... I'll probably wait for this one to hit DVD/BD before I end up watching it.
Old 2013-12-06, 01:52   Link #18
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

I think this movie is going to be 10x better than the first. They're not hampered by trying to skurt around things that were covered in the past trilogy this time and are able to tell their own, completely new story.
Old 2013-12-06, 06:17   Link #19
Samari
World's Greatest

I'm guessing Sinister Six is in the works and OsCorp is behind everything. In the trailer you see Doctor Octopus arms and Vulture wings behind glass in a lab.

Seems like we have three villains in this movie: Green Goblin, Rhino, and Electro. Rhino looks like a Dinozord from Power Rangers though. Looks weird. I just hope these guys get enough screen time. Three villains is hard to do and it failed the last time it happened in a Spider Man film. Of course this is a different regime and I would be shocked if they didn't take into consideration that having a crowded villain cast screwed up Rami's third film. It is an interesting idea that OsCorp might be responsible for all of the potential bad guys instead of each of them getting their powers through some accident or whatever. Makes more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
To be fair, too many villains was just one of many issues in Spiderman 3.

That said, with so many villains showing up, plus easter eggs for other possible villains, I could easily see the 4th movie being a Sinister Six movie.
Three heroes for the new Superman film isn't bad, as long as it maintains itself as a Superman film. Not sure how much screen time Batman or Wonder Woman would be getting, but I'm guessing that they'll already be "developed" in the narrative and are simply there to simply bring Superman, along with the audience into a bigger DC Universe and expand the scope of what is being developed into a franchise with other notable people. They'll probably get their own movies later.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-06, 06:36   Link #20
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

oh my well give bring a lot to it really if keep-up going to be total overkill to watch those spider-man movies?

besides still wonder IF did part of MCU movies yea that would be too much to watch.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
film