AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-11-23, 09:16   Link #121
AP24

It's amazing that Ryuuou is ranked 1st or 2nd for 3 years straight. Usually this can only be accomplished by series with high popularity level like Index, SAO, Oregairu.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-23, 09:35   Link #122
thefreakmike

Quite the pleasant surprise that Ginko outranked both Ais XD
Maybe the author realizes how popular she is and will pull a Youjitsu, making her win the lolio bowl XD
Old 2018-11-23, 16:04   Link #123
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It's amazing that Ryuuou is ranked 1st or 2nd for 3 years straight. Usually this can only be accomplished by series with high popularity level like Index, SAO, Oregairu.
I take it as a testament to the strength of its story despite the the cover being highly misleading in the context of the industry.
Old 2018-11-24, 00:09   Link #124
whiteshadow
Slowly Dying

I'm just happy that ginko is being appreciated
whiteshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 00:35   Link #125
tsunade666

nice results. though I didn't expect for ginko to rise above both Ai or that blue Ai is not in the kid. but at least fav black Ai is there.
Old 2018-11-24, 01:01   Link #126
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

There was an interview featuring the author, Haganai's author and Henneko's. All three voted Ginko as their favorite girl.

At this point the fans will riot when first Ai wins.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 01:33   Link #127
dragon1412

I don;t think there will be a riot though, Ginko fans doesn't seem overpower enough for that to happen
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 08:12   Link #128
DanielSong39

Based on the anime I thought Ai Hinatsuru was a slam dunk; she's given the most development and has the closest relationship with Ryou. They had an omiai, engagement, wedding, and honeymoon, LOL.

Maybe the light novel is different from the anime?
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-24, 09:26   Link #129
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
The author is doing a good job through researching and other reasons that were exposed and talked about before already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell_ping View Post
There was an interview featuring the author, Haganai's author and Henneko's. All three voted Ginko as their favorite girl.

At this point the fans will riot when first Ai wins.
You're wrong there though .
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Based on the anime I thought Ai Hinatsuru was a slam dunk; she's given the most development and has the closest relationship with Ryou. They had an omiai, engagement, wedding, and honeymoon, LOL.

Maybe the light novel is different from the anime?
The usual characters development anime adaptations cut because otherwise it would be purely exposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
I don;t think there will be a riot though, Ginko fans doesn't seem overpower enough for that to happen
Yeah, last volumes gave protagonism to red Ai whose opponent was Ginko so it's also the reason why blue Ai didn't have much screentime. It had to, Jin didn't have much screentime before that.
Old 2018-11-24, 19:13   Link #130
thefreakmike

BTW, isnt there any news on when the next volume will come out?
Old 2018-11-24, 19:56   Link #131
AP24

Vol 10 will be out in February 2019
Old 2018-11-24, 21:16   Link #132
thefreakmike

Thanks pal
Old 2018-11-25, 02:32   Link #133
AP24

For female pros, you can actually tell how talented a player is just from her rank and the age she achieved her latest rank.

Average female players that increase their ranks mostly by winning a lot of matches would reach female 2-dan at around 30 years old, 3-dan in their mid-30s and 4-dan in their 40s.

Ryou and Machi reached female 4-dan before they turned 20 and should reach 5-dan in their 20s. If Ginko was a female pro from the beginning, she would have reached female 5-dan at the age of 12 or 13.

Ten-chan is currently female 2-dan. She will be 3-dan if she wins a title once, 4-dan if she wins 3 times and 5-dan if she wins 7 times. There are 6 female shogi titles so she has 6 chances every year although two of the titles currently belong to Ginko. But so far out of all female players, Ten-chan is probably the closest to Ginko's level.

As for Ai, it's likely she will be female 1-dan in the next volume. She needs to be a title challenger to reach Ten-chan's current rank soon. So far Ai's level is probably closer to Ryou's and Machi's.
Old 2018-11-26, 21:22   Link #134
sasabit

Is there any hope for red Ai? Or is it just a contest between blue Ai and Ginko for main heroine?
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-26, 21:39   Link #135
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasabit View Post
Is there any hope for red Ai? Or is it just a contest between blue Ai and Ginko for main heroine?
I wouldn't even call it a contest at all. Blue Ai stands above them all. IMO it's one of the series where fighting against main heroine is a pointless struggle .
Old 2019-01-22, 11:06   Link #136
kuudererules

Cover for vol 10 and limited edition
Release at Feb 14, 2019

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
kuudererules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-22, 12:07   Link #137
AP24

According to the synopsis, it will focus on the other JS girls participating in an elementary school level tournament and Yaichi will be training them. It will also focus on Ai and Ginko's official matches.

Ai is currently in the Joryuu Myouseki tournament (which is the LN's version of Joryuu Meijin) and the volume will show her facing off against a mysterious female pro player who is standing in her way of passing the preliminaries and entering the main stage. I'm guessing later in future volumes Ai will be facing against strong opponents like Ryou, Machi and others during the main stage and then face Rina during the title matches. Finally after defeating the strongest female pro players, Ai will face Ginko who is the strongest of all female shogi players in the next Joou title matches.
Old 2019-02-02, 23:49   Link #138
Aling11

Whoa is there any way to find the v10 Ginko cover without the texts?
Aling11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-03, 00:48   Link #139
AP24

It's difficult to find volume cover without texts. Also, Vol 10 preview is out and here's what I know.

Spoiler for Vol 10 preview:

So Ai and Ten-chan won't face off in Joryuu Myouseki tournament, that's too bad but maybe they will in another tournament. After several volumes, Ai is finally getting a focus on one of her matches. I wonder if the author will introduce more new female players that are comparable to the female title holders.
Old 2019-02-06, 09:01   Link #140
Aling11

If Red Ai doesnt become main heroine I will kms by smashing my head with tofu
Aling11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fake harem, fake lolicon king, ga bunko, harem, lolicon king, seinen, shogi, sports