AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-04-22, 04:56   Link #241
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I can see him surrendering the nasty persona, but maybe not the power part. Something tells me he's just too smart and too able to see himself lose it entirely if he can help it. Though maybe the Japanese won't be too kind to see a Britannain rule, so maybe that may be the final straw to Lelouch's possible rule.

Also, even if the Japanese rebellion wins, it doesn't mean Britannia itself is destroyed. I mean, even if he does take down the Emperor, that's no guarantee that the vast swath of the Empire won't remain a big threat. Surely Lelouch sees the destruction of Britannia to be the more far fetched goal aside from doing major damage to them first.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 05:36   Link #242
Marioshinobi
The Traitor

Location: Burnaby, British columbia, Canada, Earth, Milky way Galaxy
Send a message via MSN to Marioshinobi
Brittania is basically one continent that he has to take down, he doesn't wish to control the whole world itself. ( Brittania basically is North, Central, South America ) and he wants Japan to be a home for Nunnally and him because they have friends there.

He doesn't care as much for any other group or more or less wants peace with them. And obviously the hidden identity and mask can be worn by others ( C.C. ), he wouldn't mind to hand over power to people he can trust. Obviously he'll need to show his true identity to Todou, Ougi, not Diethart. People he can trust.

Obviously he may given them advice and plans, be a adviser at most. But his life with Nunnally is what he wishes for; To have a world where they can both live without being used.

Marioshinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 07:16   Link #243
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioshinobi View Post
To have a world where they can both live without being used.
And in order to achieve that, he's using people's lives like they were something in a game. Irony of fate
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 07:19   Link #244
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
And in order to achieve that, he's using people's lives like they were something in a game. Irony of fate
In case you forget, Lulu puts himself into the game as a piece, too. He isn't going to put others at risk while he sits away.

The game comparison is wildly inaccurate. It isn't a game when he is on the front lines, and that was intentional on his part. He didn't have to be present in every battle, he just chose to.
Old 2008-04-22, 07:34   Link #245
Airi
White Empress
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Airi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In case you forget, Lulu puts himself into the game as a piece, too.
Of course I know. He has to, since he's the one starting the rebellion again

Quote:
He isn't going to put others at risk while he sits away.
Of course.....If he appeared like that, nobody would follow him
....well, maybe Kallen in her bunny suit

Maybe you misunderstood me. I love Lulu!!!
Airi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 07:43   Link #246
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airi View Post
Lelouch is a master chess player. Thinking of each soldier/knightmare frame on the battlefield as a chess piece helps Lelouch translate his chess playing skills into superb war tactics.

It's not to dehumanize his allies (Lelouch/Zero grimaces over every casualty his side suffers - he also told Urabe that there's no sense in sacrificing yourself) - it's a mental aid for battle tactics; no more, no less.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 08:41   Link #247
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
In case you forget, Lulu puts himself into the game as a piece, too. He isn't going to put others at risk while he sits away.

The game comparison is wildly inaccurate. It isn't a game when he is on the front lines, and that was intentional on his part. He didn't have to be present in every battle, he just chose to.

yup. like lulu mentioned once, The King has to move first, so that his Queen & knights will follow him into whatever he ask of them.

He puts his own life on the battlefield to inspire his troops.
Old 2008-04-22, 15:42   Link #248
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
I have to say episode three raised points in my book for Lelouch. I was convinced after the events of seasons 1 finale that he went over the deep end and simply didn't give a rats ass about the crap he causes. Then of course episode 3 showed up and after seeing his reaction to remebering the situation with Shirley changed my way of thinking. One thing that has been bugging me beyond all belief though. Since Shirley is calling Lelouch "Lulu" again am to I assume that her old self (before her first Geass wipe) was returned only with the differences of not knowing who Zero or Nunnally is? Its obvious she has her old feelings for him....so I dont know then. Another thing I wonder is if Lelouch will be able to return everyone's memories at one point?
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 15:47   Link #249
ashlay
the red string of fate

maybe it's destiny for her to fall for him.

well, it's not like she would remember anything about the events of S1, nor like the Emperor would be privy to the fact she had a crush on Lelouch. So her thoughts on him now are more likely than not simply based on the year they spent together between episodes 25 and 26. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 16:28   Link #250
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
maybe it's destiny for her to fall for him.

well, it's not like she would remember anything about the events of S1, nor like the Emperor would be privy to the fact she had a crush on Lelouch. So her thoughts on him now are more likely than not simply based on the year they spent together between episodes 25 and 26. >_>
God I hate that argument. It feels silly for some reason.

Yeah, given the Geass order there is probably no way her old memories came back at all. I guess Shirley must have seen Lelouch interfere in another traffic accident since that was the thing that first got her interested in him in the first place.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 02:25   Link #251
SkyFuser
HijackThis Junior

When Lelouch wiped out her memories that didn't necessarily mean her personality changed, did it? Argh, how to articulate this...
As long as her personality doesn't change, provided circumstances are the same, she'll follow the same behavorial pattern. Something about her personality found something in Lelouch as appealing, which is why she grew infatuated with him. After she lost her memories the attraction was gone, but personality did not. So I guess it's natural to assume that she would fall for him again.
SkyFuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 04:12   Link #252
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

And besides, who wouldn't fall for the hottest Vice President of the Student Council around? It's not like Suzaku is there to compete with him on bishie hotness.

By the gods he can even cook! I'm not sure about it myself, but some of the girls I know say that such a combination is, well, inspiring, in a sexy kind of way.

Now of course, as a guy I always thought that Lelouch would a pretty bad boyfriend (he's like, completely unconcerned with you as long as he's still a sis-con and a rebel leader -- and in episode 3 even when he invited Shirley out it was with an ulterior motive), but who knows how girls think and want from their boyfriends?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 06:37   Link #253
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
but who knows how girls think and want from their boyfriends?
no one.

not even the girls themselves, judging by the number of jerks they seem to date that are obvious bad to everyone except themselves.

Old 2008-04-23, 11:11   Link #254
mangastuff

Oh, how much I wish such a guy loved me ! He is a genius, handsome (or at least assuming that because I still cannot eat the Clamp-style long body ), a prince and "mysterious" leader (mask-man is always attractive ), can cook (and hence is very sexy ), and if he love you he will care for you to the level that he can destroy the whole world for you And I don't care about danger or morality, so I am totally fit for him (But if he doesn't love you then you are dead meat )
mangastuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 13:18   Link #255
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangastuff View Post
Oh, how much I wish such a guy loved me ! He is a genius, handsome (or at least assuming that because I still cannot eat the Clamp-style long body ), a prince and "mysterious" leader (mask-man is always attractive ), can cook (and hence is very sexy ), and if he love you he will care for you to the level that he can destroy the whole world for you And I don't care about danger or morality, so I am totally fit for him (But if he doesn't love you then you are dead meat )
Actually, I wonder if he knows what love is.

Even if he knows what family love is, he has no experience with women. I suppose he wondered if he was in love with shirley (even about Euphemia), but I guess he doesn't know or understand what he feels (love? guilt? friendship?) . Even about Nunnaly, it's family love or doing one's duty?

Even if he stays calm and cool with girls (like during the shower scene with kallen), it was stated (if i'm right) before R2 that he has no knowledge about women.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 13:19   Link #256
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
Oh dear, I think I openeded Pandora's box.....

Back on subject now, I wonder what kind of Government Lelouch would install after he takes down Brittinian (assuming he does eventually) will it be a democracy or is he going to continue with a new empire?

I am assuming the former since I doubt Lelouch would want anything like his father's reign to happen again. It makes me wonder about the other Area's though. Will they all be part of some super-united federation/republic like thing, or will they just quitely receded into the background? It makes me wonder what Lelouch will do after he beats the empire and how he will clear up the new world.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 13:29   Link #257
Strettger
PopulationControl Officer

I say a new Empire.

He fought to change the world, its his power.

Its not in his nature to risk giving the power to anyone else. I presume he will be fairer than Charles by many standards, but if he wins he is destined to be a tyrant to at least some people.

My thought is that his NWO will encompass the world, Japan, and Brittania are only the opening stages as far as I can see.
Strettger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-23, 16:26   Link #258
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Actually, I wonder if he knows what love is.
This was a question asked in those 50 question things they did for Lelouch and Suzaku. To Lelouch, love is something you give without limitation or asking for something in return. He understands what love is. He just isn't good in romantic situations and is too dense to understand what is going on.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-23, 16:29   Link #259
KrimzonStriker

Or that you kind of need to expand the scope of your love beyond your sister, and perhaps give a little more love to yourself as well...>_>
Old 2008-04-23, 16:31   Link #260
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

He certainly needs to care about himself a bit more since at times he seems like he hates himself. Him expanding beyond Nunnally doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon except maybe with Rollo and that isn't much better.