AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Which of the 3 sannins is strongest?
Orochimaru 60 28.85%
Tsunade 17 8.17%
Jiraiya 131 62.98%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-12, 12:40   Link #21
reloaded
skywalker

In Jiraiyas case at best hes as strong as Orochimaru and Tsunade is weaker than both of them.
Old 2007-07-12, 16:36   Link #22
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Orochimaru of course, the only true genius out of the three.
Old 2007-07-12, 18:04   Link #23
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

I voted for Jiraiya and ofcourse shall explain my reason to think so.

- Jiraiya was praised as the hero of the village in the past (Oro's words during their battle)
- Jiraiya was badly drugged during their battle but slowly recovered...we all have an idea what Jiraiya did the last couple years in his spare time.
(Oro on the other hand did everything to become more powerfull still....it is hard to tell)
- Itachi & Kisame ran away from him and had their reasons.

Spoiler for manga:

I actually never saw Jiraiya really struggle so far. Only when he was just poisoned by Tsunade and threw the kunai almost at Shizune.
Old 2007-07-13, 09:23   Link #24
Vizard.King
Fear the Vizard

i voted for orochimaru but then i thought about it and jiraiya came out on top the reason:
1.orochimaru and jiraiya both had handicaps-orochimaru his arms-jiraiya his chakra molding, orochimaru had kabuto to mold chakra for him, jiraiya could use his hands but his chakra flow was screwed up
2.tsunade is strong but her movements aren't that fast, jiraiya has good ninjutsu but those shoes he wears-they'll definetly slow u down, orochimaru has good ninjutsu and his speed his 0.o
3.in the manga
Spoiler for naruto shippuden:

4.jiraiya comes out on top no matter what...atleast for me
5.there is also this old jap myth thing that say Snake>Frog>Snail>Snake
so im guessing they all hav someone there stronger then
Old 2007-07-13, 10:30   Link #25
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Battling someone without the intent to kill them isn't strength, it's finesse. Gai couldn't kill drunk lee,
Spoiler for manga:
or a fight between 3 handicaped Sanin as each being at their fullest potential. Instead what should be done is take aal the information and pool it into an overall result.
My result is that Tsunade can kill with one hit, and she heals and regenerates. THat's just as hard to fight as Hidan and Kakuzu.

Jirya uses frog summoning to bolster or support his high power destruction jutsu like Katon, Rasengan, Swamp summoning...ect. Even if you're immortal it's hard to counter.

Oro uses alot of forbidden jutsu (which is prolly why he has to switch bodies so much). Since body switching can't be used in combat, it doesn't count, but he's still got snake taijutsu, Kusanagi sword, and can prolly do all non bloodline jutsu better than seen from his subbordinates (like traps, seals, giant steel barriers...ect.). In actual combat oro seems very defensive aginst strong oponents. Letting then waste jutsu, then swoop in for a quick clean kill. Due to his intelegence this strategy seems to work pretty well.

Last edited by Hunter; 2007-07-13 at 11:41. Reason: Do not forget to use spoiler tag
Old 2007-07-13, 17:31   Link #26
Kowai

jiraiya was asked to be hokage before tsunade and oro...
now there are many reasons such as tsunade wasnt around and oro was evil at the time jiraiya was asked. (and jiraiya was the 4th hokages sensei)
still jiraiya was offered the position first xD
Old 2007-07-14, 08:28   Link #27
razor886
Blood Angel

Quote:
2# Anyway he also claimed that he has only been two times in serious danger and was near death even though he was over 50 years old and has been active in the Ninja Wars! And was even part of ANBU (if i am correct...and ANBU always (or most of the times) has high risk missions and that's why many ANBU members die)
U can't say that Jiraiya is stronger because he was plenty of times in high risk situations... When it comes 2 high risk situations, Oro is worse cause he is the bad guy n bad guys r always being chased... N not only chased by weaklings... Even the 3rd chased him!!!

Spoiler for Tsunade:
Old 2007-07-14, 16:40   Link #28
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Hmmm... I might be in the minority here, but I think Tsunade is the strongest. Not that I don't respect Jiraiya's power, but Tsunade has the extensive knowledge of a medical ninja and was even able to heal naruto after their fight with Kabuto/Orochimaru. Now, I don't particularly like snails, but no sannin is to be taken lightly. She has A LOT of physical power when she uses her chakra to augment her strength, and not to mention she has her regeneration technique to fall back on if she gets too badly injured (though that technique does have a pretty serious drawback).
Old 2007-07-14, 18:15   Link #29
reloaded
skywalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Hmmm... I might be in the minority here, but I think Tsunade is the strongest. Not that I don't respect Jiraiya's power, but Tsunade has the extensive knowledge of a medical ninja and was even able to heal naruto after their fight with Kabuto/Orochimaru. Now, I don't particularly like snails, but no sannin is to be taken lightly. She has A LOT of physical power when she uses her chakra to augment her strength, and not to mention she has her regeneration technique to fall back on if she gets too badly injured (though that technique does have a pretty serious drawback).
Well Kabuto did more or less disable Tsunade in a fair fight and Oro is stronger than Kabuto so I wouldnt say Tsunade is the strongest sannin.
Old 2007-07-14, 18:40   Link #30
ghstwrld

Jiraiya and tsunade are, unfortunately, still pretty much unknown quantities at this point in the story, so its pretty hard to gauge where they stack up against oro especially when he's been featured extensively in the story.

Besides that, there's also the fact that the sannin battle was horrible. I'm still not over the whole naruto/kabuto plotkai debacle.
Old 2007-07-14, 18:54   Link #31
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor886 View Post
U can't say that Jiraiya is stronger because he was plenty of times in high risk situations... When it comes 2 high risk situations, Oro is worse cause he is the bad guy n bad guys r always being chased... N not only chased by weaklings... Even the 3rd chased him!!!
Well my point was that regardless his (rather) old age (53) he has only been near death 2 times in his life. And for someone who fought in the Ninja Wars...that's rare i think.

I see ANBU ambushes on any of the Sannin as mere training. To stay in good shape. If i am correct Sandaime caught Orochimaru by accident. And he couldnt do a thing. He didnt hurt/kill Orochimaru...

And the fact that Jiraiya was spying on Orochimaru and probably noticed the pressence of all other Akatsuki Members (no one noticed him) brought him in greater danger.
Old 2007-07-14, 19:16   Link #32
Mitsu
Momento Mori

I cant help but say that Tsunde is the strongest....but I still think Jiraiya is quite strong though[I hate Jiraiya]
Old 2007-07-14, 20:17   Link #33
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

I used to be an avid Orochimaru fan and felt he was by far the strongest Sannin; but recent activities that took place (and yes I am taking into consideration Orochimaru's limitations) plus the shady way Jiraiya is handling stuff is making me leaning towards him now.
Old 2007-07-15, 02:04   Link #34
razor886
Blood Angel

I dun remember anything about Sandaime catching Oro by accident... He n 2 other ANBU knew where he was n found him in the sewer or sumthing SWAT style
Old 2007-07-15, 09:48   Link #35
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
I dun remember anything about Sandaime catching Oro by accident... He n 2 other ANBU knew where he was n found him in the sewer or sumthing SWAT style
Yes, that's what i ment. It was also the only time we've seen them against eachother and where Orochimaru (probably and almost definetly immediatly left Konoha..with Jiraiya there to stop him)

If i am correct Sandaime and ANBU didnt expect to find Orochimaru...as the bad guy. Sandaime was pissed!
Old 2007-07-15, 11:47   Link #36
razor886
Blood Angel

Quote:
If i am correct Sandaime and ANBU didnt expect to find Orochimaru...as the bad guy. Sandaime was pissed!
Oic thats wat u meant... About that... My memory is kinda weak
Old 2007-07-15, 16:57   Link #37
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Oic thats wat u meant... About that... My memory is kinda weak
Well i have a decent memory...but pretty much every event with Orochimaru are imprinted in my head. Such a weird sick guy doesnt get out of my head that quickly.
Old 2007-07-16, 00:22   Link #38
jc1104

Send a message via AIM to jc1104 Send a message via MSN to jc1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
Well Kabuto did more or less disable Tsunade in a fair fight and Oro is stronger than Kabuto so I wouldnt say Tsunade is the strongest sannin.
True but Kabuto knew all about Tsunade before he went up against her, it's his "smarts" that gives him an advantage. Another thing.. Kabuto was using all sorts of pills, food pill, blood regeneration, and I'm not sure if there was one other or not.

Someone mentioned that we barely get to see Tsunade and Jiraiya fight and I agree. We've seen Jiraiya a lot more but not too much of Tsunade. During Kabuto's fight with her, we've seen her do one special attack that didn't require her strength, which was jack Kabuto's nerves. With that being said, I'm sure Tsunade has other tricks that can mess with your system.
Old 2007-07-18, 02:01   Link #39
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Not only is Orochimaru the strongest Sanin, he's the stongest ninja in the show. No one can touch him... Not Jiraiya, not Itachi... No one.
Old 2007-07-18, 02:11   Link #40
animelover14

No body knows yet. The battle between the three when tsunade had just turned down irochimaru's offer said nothing about them. Tsunade was practically half dead, Jiraya was drugged, and irochmaru's arms were paralyzed. Basically that fight had no meaning. By what I've seen though I think Tsunade is overall the weakest. She was beat by a medical ninja in training names kabuto who was far from a sanin. That has to show that she's the weakest. Between jiraya and irochimaru I personally thing Jiraya is stronger. Even under the effect of the drug jiraya still was able to summon the giant toad and battle irochimaru as practically an equal. Jiraya's strength was split in half at the time. So overall I think Jiraya is the strongest.
Closed Thread