AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-07-21, 16:17   Link #801
UPR

well i liked him and seed (Kira) then came destiny and just wanted him to die a very slow death, mainly because i liked Shinn who finally cared for someone (Luna) who did not die.
Old 2007-07-21, 18:37   Link #802
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
You.... liked Shinn.

Wow.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 19:20   Link #803
UPR

hard to believe but yeah i did like him, and i did feel bad for him and sorta understood how he felt and was happy he found someone he cared for that in the end did not die.
Old 2007-07-21, 19:25   Link #804
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

To be honest, I never understood the Kira and Shinn hate. I liked them both for reasons I have debated endlessly on this forum.

However, that's irrelevant to the topic. Kira will have nothing to do with 00, and it's not like it's the end of him. There's the movie to look forward to. So let's keep this 00, kay?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 19:41   Link #805
UPR

well that is true. Does anyone know when excatly in October this is airing and how many ep it's going to have?
Old 2007-07-21, 21:45   Link #806
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
^There's even a worse case here in the Philippines, Where we get to keep old Gunboats for our Navy?

DemonGod: F22A's are THE current Specification and Number Designation for the F22 itself. You must be mistaken. F-15's maybe, but that's because of the F15E, the C/D/A/B Variants were no longer needed because of the Strike Eagle. Once new Variants make the old ones obsolete, the old specifications are made available to the world, It's the same way with the F-15 where the A/B Variants are sold outside when the C/D Variants Arrived.
C and D I believe are air superiority while E is geared towards strike missions, hence F-15E Strike Eagle.

However, the F-22 is by FAR AND ABOVE more technologically advanced than anything else in the world, even the Su-37 and Su-47, where even though the latter match it in maneuverability (if not slightly outdo it), the F-22 is leagues ahead in terms of stealth and avionics.

It'd be absolute folly to export the F-22 at this point, and at any point in the future. That's what the JSF is for. The F-22 stays within American borders, possibly Japanese, and probably Israeli.
Old 2007-07-21, 22:53   Link #807
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
well that is true. Does anyone know when excatly in October this is airing and how many ep it's going to have?
I have no idea. I'm still wondering when we'll get a cast list.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 00:48   Link #808
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Ehehe all this bashing against my poor KIRA-SAMA... you're all envious and you would like to be like him! He's smart and handsome, so other guys bash him because they can't be like that!
I strictly believe that anything without my sweet KIRA-SAMA is crap for default!
No one wants to be like Kira... Not when Shinn is so much better.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 01:17   Link #809
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Not when Shinn is so much better.
How is losing your family better than having a new family. Seriously, if it's a "to be like" question you're asking , then why would you go with a guy who's lost everything? Would you like to be like Shinn who's lost everything???
Old 2007-07-22, 01:26   Link #810
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
How is losing your family better than having a new family. Seriously, if it's a "to be like" question you're asking , then why would you go with a guy who's lost everything? Would you like to be like Shinn who's lost everything???
I would rather have Shinn's personality and better looking girlfriend.

I'd also rather live Shinn's life and have his gundam over Kira's. I'd be more happy in Shinn situation then Kira's. Losing my family would be something I could get over when I have a powerful gundam and can pretty much have anything I want. I'm the type of persona who likes money over loves... After all, money is the most importan thing in life.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 02:01   Link #811
ipernorris

Arrow

Anyway guys... I was ironical eh... it's funny to see the angry posts of some people who doesn't understand irony!

BTW I'm curious about how will the newtype abilities be managed in this gundam.
ipernorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 07:17   Link #812
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
To be honest, I never understood the Kira and Shinn hate.
Old 2007-07-22, 07:29   Link #813
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
C and D I believe are air superiority while E is geared towards strike missions, hence F-15E Strike Eagle.

However, the F-22 is by FAR AND ABOVE more technologically advanced than anything else in the world, even the Su-37 and Su-47, where even though the latter match it in maneuverability (if not slightly outdo it), the F-22 is leagues ahead in terms of stealth and avionics.

It'd be absolute folly to export the F-22 at this point, and at any point in the future. That's what the JSF is for. The F-22 stays within American borders, possibly Japanese, and probably Israeli.
We're kinda done on that subject. We're all back to 00 or so I thought. You see, there's a few arguements going on about Shinn and Kira, but we both know they don't exist in 00, so they don't matter. Although I must say that I dislike Kira and Shinn equally.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 09:30   Link #814
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
You mean australia, our entire army seems to be made mostly of hand me downs from the us.....

Try the Philippines. We have the worst hand me downs from the US military in history, I think.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 12:26   Link #815
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Yeah but US hand me downs are still viable weapons systems. F/18's, blackhawks are still reliable. Better than being Russian hand me downs. Did some research a long time ago at university why the AK47 is seen as the weapon of choice for "freedom fighters" well it's because they suck, and noisy and are cheap basically. M16's/Steyr's/HK's are light years more accurate, reliable and easier to handle and repair in the field with better magazine capacity. And don't get me started on the old Migs, Antonov's etc and their tanks in the 80's which are still in use in Africa, some of the Baltic states and some parts of South America.

I don't remember the my time in the Philippines well, but their PT boats, UH1's and AH-1's are still useful in their deployment in the Philipine environment. Most of their systems are battle tested with success in the Vietnam War. (Considering Abu Sayaf is their main concern) they have no need for an MBT or strike aircraft. Consider the terrain, consider the opposition.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 19:17   Link #816
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192 View Post
I would rather have Shinn's personality and better looking girlfriend.

I'd also rather live Shinn's life and have his gundam over Kira's. I'd be more happy in Shinn situation then Kira's. Losing my family would be something I could get over when I have a powerful gundam and can pretty much have anything I want. I'm the type of persona who likes money over loves... After all, money is the most importan thing in life.
Money is absolutely meaningless. It's the things that money brings that are meaningful. Money is just a resource--a means, not an end.

As for Shinn having a better-looking girlfriend, sorry, but no. Lacus ties Belldandy for the absolute most beautiful anime character to ever be put on screen.
Old 2007-07-22, 19:37   Link #817
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
As for Shinn having a better-looking girlfriend, sorry, but no. Lacus ties Belldandy for the absolute most beautiful anime character to ever be put on screen.
seriously they all look the same.
Old 2007-07-22, 19:37   Link #818
UPR

Quote:
I agree to disagree with you on this one, yes Belldandy is one of the more beautiful ones but Lacus over Luna sorry not happening, and not just the looks but Luna's personality is way better than Lacus. Lacus really just got on my nerves.
Old 2007-07-22, 21:07   Link #819
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
I mean, mortars that can't even fire properly as well as only a few really working vehicles for a military that's quite large in its size in order to be able to accommodate everything in terms of firepower enough to protect ourselves from any attack (if that should happen)...that's how bad the state of our military is at the moment. And most of our armaments are obsolete as well. poor us. I am not actually saying that US hand me downs are worthless, it's just that we can't afford better US hand me downs, we don't have money to buy those kind of US hand me downs. ;_______; as for the state of the Abu Sayyaf, rumors that they are getting funds and other kinds of help from other Islamic extremist groups means that they are better off than our military...if they are to be believed.

I find Stellar quite pretty.

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-22, 22:25   Link #820
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

^Not to mention that the airplanes go down by the minute... and we have no air force left

Tags
spoilers