Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-07-22, 22:30   Link #821
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
I agree to disagree with you on this one, yes Belldandy is one of the more beautiful ones but Lacus over Luna sorry not happening, and not just the looks but Luna's personality is way better than Lacus. Lacus really just got on my nerves.
I dunno but I loved Lacus. She always made me think happy thoughts. I don't think it's a random coincidence that her hair is like a million cherry blossoms and she wears a pink and white coat, and dresses in a kimono despite being of European descent. Seriously, Lacus IS the goddess of CE, and I'd prefer to keep it that way. She's actually good for the health of all of her fans, because she creates happy thoughts and sings songs that relieve stress. (Yes, I'm reading Kevin Trudeau's books and by his advice, Lacus = stress relief. Therefore, Lacus = GOOD FOR HEALTH)

And Luna was a useless ditz. In the red zaku, she completely jobbed, and when she got impulse, she was just Shinn's lackey. In the meantime, anybody under Lacus's purification became godlike. Even mobile suits themselves!

But too bad Lacus and Kira aren't in Gundam 00 ...then again, if that happened, who'd need the rest of the cast
Old 2007-07-22, 22:40   Link #822
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

I totally dislike Luna's character actually. Not talking about looks ( well, they pretty much look all the same ya know ), but someone who hugs the "killer" of the sister a few minutes after learning about her sister's "death"? Gawd. Even if she was suffering from an emotional breakdown, I think that was stupid.

As for lacus, well, theres nothing much to say. Her character is pretty straightforward, nothing much to venture into. Basically, she just sings, and everyone listens, and obeys. Yawn?
Scep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 00:06   Link #823
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
Yeah but US hand me downs are still viable weapons systems. F/18's, blackhawks are still reliable. Better than being Russian hand me downs. Did some research a long time ago at university why the AK47 is seen as the weapon of choice for "freedom fighters" well it's because they suck, and noisy and are cheap basically. M16's/Steyr's/HK's are light years more accurate, reliable and easier to handle and repair in the field with better magazine capacity. And don't get me started on the old Migs, Antonov's etc and their tanks in the 80's which are still in use in Africa, some of the Baltic states and some parts of South America.

I don't remember the my time in the Philippines well, but their PT boats, UH1's and AH-1's are still useful in their deployment in the Philipine environment. Most of their systems are battle tested with success in the Vietnam War. (Considering Abu Sayaf is their main concern) they have no need for an MBT or strike aircraft. Consider the terrain, consider the opposition.
On your first point about the AK-47's and M-16's... it's a bit more than that. M-16's are powerful and reliable... if well maintained. Get some dust in the bolt or god forbid water, and it jams quite spectularly. AK's are the choice for most third world countries because it IS cheap... the AK's shoddy and simply design is it's strength in battle, since it's not as complicated or as precise as the M-16 it keeps working it battlefield abuse that would make an M-16 collapse. And its simplicity means that anyone can pick it up and use it without little or no formal training.

I agree on the points for the equipment though... what we need in the Philippines are equipment suited for COIN operations. What use are F-16's and M-1 Abrams in a mountainous jungle terrain, where you'll spend most of your time fighting guerillas you can't even see? I'd think Strykers and Kiowas would be better acquisitions if we ever get around to acquiring better equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
I mean, mortars that can't even fire properly as well as only a few really working vehicles for a military that's quite large in its size in order to be able to accommodate everything in terms of firepower enough to protect ourselves from any attack (if that should happen)...that's how bad the state of our military is at the moment. And most of our armaments are obsolete as well. poor us. I am not actually saying that US hand me downs are worthless, it's just that we can't afford better US hand me downs, we don't have money to buy those kind of US hand me downs. ;_______; as for the state of the Abu Sayyaf, rumors that they are getting funds and other kinds of help from other Islamic extremist groups means that they are better off than our military...if they are to be believed.
Having heard the same stuff from my elder brother currently serving with the Army in Jolo, I can say it's quite the shameful situation.

And the Abu Sayyaf are not really better off, but they are still quite formidable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
^Not to mention that the airplanes go down by the minute... and we have no air force left
As the joke goes...

Five F-5's, and 3 of them in repair

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 00:19   Link #824
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Oh, and pardon double post...

here's some of 00's Grunt MS:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 00:25   Link #825
OmegaZEROCustom
The Alpha and the Omega

I like the little touches of a Zaku on the Tieren...the model number, the head with what looks to be a monoeye and the shoulder shields are the three that stand out for me the most. The other two machines are interesting. Not exactly what I would expect to see in a Gundam series, but the look sleek and fast, which should be interesting.
OmegaZEROCustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 02:14   Link #826
winter45

Those Grunts look good Cant wait to see them in action.... I just hope they are not going to be mass canon fodder style as Gundam SEED and Destiny illustrated.
winter45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 02:14   Link #827
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wow. They look weird for a Gundam series MS, but except the Tieren. The others looks somehow much more futuristic than a Gundam!

I guess this is it?
Tieren = People's Reform Army
Union Flag= Union
AEU Enact = AEU

Last edited by LightningZERO; 2007-07-23 at 02:40.
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 02:36   Link #828
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Wow. They look weird for a Gundam series MS, but except the Tieren,
You wouldn't say that if you watch Turn-A...Union Flag looks like a play on the FLAT MS...Love the Teiren as a prototype for the Zaku..wish it had a more "Z" flavor to it though in the name (Like Zuko or Zackut, Zeek, etc., Just the old skool in me^^)...In any event compared to the Gundam's it looks like fodder-city for the Teiren...Now the Enact looks Rahxephon-ish...
Old 2007-07-23, 02:59   Link #829
Same_Shark

I've never seen a mech with anorexia until now...
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 03:13   Link #830
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

yeah, they kind of remind me of evas, with their long legs and stuff.
Old 2007-07-23, 03:21   Link #831
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I've never seen a mech with anorexia until now...
I've seen a lot, and I hate them all
Teiren looks awesome btw
Old 2007-07-23, 03:32   Link #832
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Oh my goodness, those mobile suits look like crap. Kind of a turn of for me. They don't even look like something from gundam.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 03:46   Link #833
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
The grunts actually look like Weltall's cousins.

But seriously, I LOVE the grunt designs!

@ LoweGear

They weren't called "flying coffins" for nothing...

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 03:50   Link #834
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster192 View Post
Oh my goodness, those mobile suits look like crap. Kind of a turn of for me. They don't even look like something from gundam.
It's a new gundam universe, if you want something that reuses old designs go watch seed.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 03:51   Link #835
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

True, those designs are lovely. So what if they're not like something out of Gundam?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 03:54   Link #836
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
Maybe since Gundam 00 timeline = our world 300 years from now, the designs should be somewhat faithful to what we could consider real world-ish?

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 04:03   Link #837
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eidolon Sniper View Post
Maybe since Gundam 00 timeline = our world 300 years from now, the designs should be somewhat faithful to what we could consider real world-ish?
Yeah, that seems to be a growing trend now. For example, the zoids in Zoids Alternative have been redesigned to look more realistic.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 04:07   Link #838
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Hmm, something bothers me about those grunt designs (the skinny dudes)....

How are those supposed to be translated into a decent model kit?!?

HCM ok, HG not ok well maybe a First Grade version only, but.....they look like they could easily break

(Ah, Revoltech sounds good this time....)
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 04:22   Link #839
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Union Flag is transformable, and I do believe that its the MA that Exia attacked in the second PV.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-23, 04:58   Link #840
grandmaster192
Zechs, pilot of Tallgeese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's a new gundam universe, if you want something that reuses old designs go watch seed.
Did I ever say I wanted something that reuses older designs? No, so cut the bullshit and stop putting words in my mouth.
grandmaster192 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers