Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 14:00   Link #581
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libba View Post
Let us hope. I would love to see the second season. Not just because of the ridicilous lack of closure
I don't understand what closure you are on about, i mean what closure? The ending we got is the type we expected from such a series with a dark end set out for the main character straight from the beginning of the series.
Old 2009-03-31, 14:34   Link #582
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I don't understand what closure you are on about, i mean what closure? The ending we got is the type we expected from such a series with a dark end set out for the main character straight from the beginning of the series.
ffantasy24 wrote about it about three posts ago, I quoted his\her post in my previous reply. Explaining plot lines and twists, keeping their own mythologie in check, such things.

Yes, the fate of the main character is determined (in a non-specific way, actually, more like a simple answer to "will he or won't he"), but that's all there is.
libba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 14:56   Link #583
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by libba View Post
Yes, the fate of the main character is determined (in a non-specific way, actually, more like a simple answer to "will he or won't he"), but that's all there is.
& personally, i see it as that's all there needs to be.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:10   Link #584
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
& personally, i see it as that's all there needs to be.
Well, I think we'll have to agree to disagree.
Actually, there seems to be four kinds of opinions about the ending:

Spoiler:
Old 2009-04-02, 20:25   Link #585
Kimura sensei
Kimurin, the Wise

This series was quite good, but the ending sucked.
Kimura sensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 15:23   Link #586
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

His Butlers' Servants

Good grief, that I've not done with Kuroshitsuji in order for the suspense and unexpectancy to start building upon me, but at the same time I'm very glad to be just three episodes away from ending this awesome series.

Episode twenty-one basically was the calm before the climactic storm.
Spoiler:

The rundown is that I finally got to see Finnian, Bard, and Maylenes' pasts all revealed, although a good portion of Finn's past was depicted earlier in the Demon Dog arc.
Spoiler:

All three of them were personally handpicked by Sebastian during their former locations not for doing traditional, servants chores; Sebastian can deal with all by himself.
Spoiler:

The fun stuff starts when the three stooges wonder what was life at the Phantomhive's before all arrived in, which asked Lady Elizabeth for clues and information.
The three are resolved to shine through their jobs with smiling faces, literally, so as to fill the young master with happiness.

Spoiler:

All ends well, but we have one last hint thrown in this episode...
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 16:31   Link #587
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Yeah i knew i wouldn't be. Just waiting for a few certain people to watch the last episode, so they can agree with me.
I really don't see how anyone could watch that scene and not be left with that impression. The subtext was certainly there all along, so it's not as if that was inconsistent.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 16:33   Link #588
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2009-04-04 at 18:01.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 09:09   Link #589
libba
nepenthes rajah

Oh, well, maybe it was't the best choice of words. But I hold by my opinion - the ending might be rather logical, but it robs the story of its dramatic idea. What did I learn? What have I discovered by watching it? What was the change from the first episode, the new experience, the dramatic resolution supposed to give the viewer something to think about?

If I didn't like the characters so much, Ciel especially, I would have said: what was the point of watching it? But I did, so it was time well spent, at least the first twenty three ones.
Old 2009-04-06, 12:30   Link #590
vspirit
...huh?

It'd be fun to see Sebastian following him all the way to his old age before finally getting to taste his meal (which might taste a little wizen by then but yanno...). It'd make the pact seem more meaningful, somehow. Maybe it's just me. A 70-year old pact, for example, sounds good to me.

Spoiler:
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 15:57   Link #591
libba
nepenthes rajah

I can't imagine an old Ciel. It's almost... unnatural. Even a thirty year old Ciel... not looking older than Sebastian looks now, in the very least.

I'll keep hoping for a twist. I don't want him to die, having consummated the contract, but I also don't want to see him simply released into the "civil" everyday life. He's special. I want a special kind of ending.
Old 2009-04-07, 15:20   Link #592
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

His Butler's Cancel

Oh, my God! Now I'm just two episodes away from the grand finale!

What a ride has been, following Ciel as he's served tea and protected from flying daggers by his only butler, Sebastian.

I've finally reached the last arc to the anime.
Spoiler:

Spoiler for God Save the Loli-Queen:
Old 2009-04-07, 18:44   Link #593
libba
nepenthes rajah

Guido, I'm curious what you'll say about the ending then.
Old 2009-04-08, 10:04   Link #594
[1]

Sorry, but they do have no intention of releasing an ost album for this series right ? It's so terrible, since i find the ost is the most epic thing of this one... Does anyone know the name of the used songs at least, i think they're maybe some classical or opera songs... Especially the song played at the early eps, the one with opera harmony and female voice ?
[1] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-08, 10:10   Link #595
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [1] View Post
Sorry, but they do have no intention of releasing an ost album for this series right ? It's so terrible, since i find the ost is the most epic thing of this one... Does anyone know the name of the used songs at least, i think they're maybe some classical or opera songs... Especially the song played at the early eps, the one with opera harmony and female voice ?
Nope, no soundtrack release information at all. It's not even being released with the DVD's.

Such a huge, huge shame. I adore the score for this series. So dark and fitting --- easily one of Taku Iwasaki's best works in my opinion.
Old 2009-04-08, 16:37   Link #596
libba
nepenthes rajah

Yes, I loved the score, too. Those were my two favorite things about the show: music and characters. And a lot of people say, "hey those characters are pretty typical, nothing original", yet when I ask them to tell me exactly what types I should be looking for now... silence is the answer. >.<
Old 2009-04-10, 11:37   Link #597
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

His Butler on Fire

Good gracious, I'm just only one, one episode away to conclude this wonderful play of tragedy tinged by sin for vengeance.

Ciel strayed off his path on the last episode, and once he hit rock bottom in the deepest bowels of insanity the Earl of Phantomhive at last regained that which he lost.
Spoiler:

There are a few subplots that are raising questions in my head:
Spoiler for Tanaka:

Spoiler for Ash/Angela:
Old 2009-04-13, 21:10   Link #598
FJ-Kowz

awww i came here to ask when the ost was going to be released
FJ-Kowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 05:28   Link #599
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ-Kowz View Post
awww i came here to ask when the ost was going to be released
Believe me, i wish i knew.
Old 2009-04-14, 18:22   Link #600
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

His Butler Passing

I decided to allow some time to post my comments for the last episode, which I've finally watched on yesterday.

In regards to Shiroth's comment at the Pandora Hearts thread, I agree as well that for an anime-original ending it was flawlessly executed; a rarity since fillers and anime-only content generally tend to suck.

My only complain was that Ash/Angela's overall goal limited "his" potential only to a megalomaniacal scheme to purify the world in a contrasting manner to Noah's Great Flood (by fire instead of rain).
Spoiler:

What intrigued me was that this episode drew a distinction between the demons (Sebastian) and the angel (Ash/Angela) not to their opposing nature and neither to the biblical context of good versus evil, but....
Spoiler:

The only other complaint, though a minor one, was that Ash after all never posed a real threat to Sebastian. I mean c'mon Sebastian raised the bet....
Spoiler:

Sebastian deserved a more a foe of higher ranking, refined caliber, and of a taste worthy of Sebastian's own preference not some megalomaniacal, hermaphroditic, winged-pimp.

Anyways, done with that the epilogue that followed right after the climax battle left me in tears.
Spoiler:

And then the ending....
Spoiler:

Tags
comedy, fantasy, shounen