AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-11, 10:11   Link #921
NickelXenon

But even in the manga there are many unresolved matters, especially about Reiko.
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 10:14   Link #922
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickelXenon View Post
But even in the manga there are many unresolved matters, especially about Reiko.
The manga is still ongoing, right? So there's plenty of room for tying up loose ends (and more anime seasons).
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 10:16   Link #923
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qmeister View Post
The manga is still ongoing, right? So there's plenty of room for tying up loose ends (and more anime seasons).
Yeah it's still on going. I want to believe they're waiting for the right amount of material before they make a third season.
Old 2009-04-11, 10:20   Link #924
ChocaPik

I wonder, as I haven't read the manga yet, is there any fillers in the anime ? Like little stories that you don't find in the manga.
ChocaPik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-11, 10:23   Link #925
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

If it's taken (lets say) four years for 7 volumes to be published, that means about two volumes a year (which might be quite standard, I don't know). That means by the beginning of next year there should be enough material for another 1 cour series. Hopefully they will see that this is one work that deserves more attention. I hear it's been doing well in DVD sales too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocaPik View Post
I wonder, as I haven't read the manga yet, is there any fillers in the anime ? Like little stories that you don't find in the manga.
In this post, you can see that there are some filler episodes:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...25#post2328725
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 10:02   Link #926
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocaPik View Post
Yes, there are. Each season has one of em. The episode with the mud-colored goofy Sulley lookalike lurking around an abandoned railway track in season one and the episode with the youkai whose name got tied up to a tree in season two are both original anime-only stories.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-14, 10:10   Link #927
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
Yes, there are. Each season has one of em. The episode with the mud-colored goofy Sulley lookalike lurking around an abandoned railway track in season one and the episode with the youkai whose name got tied up to a tree in season two are both original anime-only stories.
And, I might add, both damn good episodes. Which gives one hope for a third season, if one should come about before there's a full season's worth of manga material.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 02:37   Link #928
blewin

not sure about that. Is it popular enough? Even Mushishi only get two seasons (hang on, or is it one big season with around 24 episodes right? been so long since I last watched it).

Maybe there'll be OVAs....

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-25, 09:07   Link #929
NickelXenon

But didn't the DVDs sell really well?
NickelXenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 17:36   Link #930
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Actually, the first DVD made number 14 on the Japanese Animation DVD Ranking, April 21-28 according to ANN. That's a good sign, the better the DVDs sell the more money they make and then the more likely they are to make more seasons later on.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 05:23   Link #931
blade82

i think in the manga reiko died a year ago so i'm confuse why she didn't take care of her gradson shee's the most suitable personn to do it.
and why every body (youkai and human) call him by his surname and not her grandmother?
blade82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-21, 13:11   Link #932
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
I think in the manga reiko died a year ago so i'm confused. Why she didn't take care of her grandson, she's the most suitable person to do it.
And why does everybody (youkai and human) call him by his surname and not her grandmother?
Noooo, Natsume says that everyone told him that his grandmother died when she was young and since Natsume is her grandson she would be at least 45 (assuming that everyone got pregnant as early as they could).
More scanlations have popped up recently but it looks like the US release of the first manga is set for Jan 6 2010 so there is plenty of waiting left.
Old 2009-05-22, 15:59   Link #933
KiryuuKazumanosuke

I always got the feeling Reiko was much older.
KiryuuKazumanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 04:28   Link #934
blewin

I'd love to see more of Reiko's history. Both anime and manga have been emphasising a lot of her loneliness, how she's always alone and doesn't belong to the world of human and Youkai. But since Reiko was married, doesn't that mean she's finally found a home? Maybe?

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 05:41   Link #935
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade82 View Post
i think in the manga reiko died a year ago so i'm confuse why she didn't take care of her gradson shee's the most suitable personn to do it.
and why every body (youkai and human) call him by his surname and not her grandmother?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Noooo, Natsume says that everyone told him that his grandmother died when she was young and since Natsume is her grandson she would be at least 45 (assuming that everyone got pregnant as early as they could).
More scanlations have popped up recently but it looks like the US release of the first manga is set for Jan 6 2010 so there is plenty of waiting left.
I think it's quite possible that Reiko died much earlier; probably she died after she gave birth or several years after giving birth (gave birth to a boy or girl?), probably in her mid/late 20s. The manga and anime do told us that Reiko died young. So, Reiko could not have taken care of Takashi, when she died so early at such a young age.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 09:07   Link #936
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
But since Reiko was married, doesn't that mean she's finally found a home? Maybe?
We don't know that Reiko was married. In actuality, given that Reiko's family name, Natsume, when she was in high school is the same as his family name, there's a strong probability that she wasn't married when she gave birth.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 11:30   Link #937
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
We don't know that Reiko was married. In actuality, given that Reiko's family name, Natsume, when she was in high school is the same as his family name, there's a strong probability that she wasn't married when she gave birth.
Exactly, no idea where the thought that she was married came from. It'll be very interesting when the manga reaches that point, at finding out about her giving birth and so on, though all the flashback's we've seen so far have been for when she was in high school, so no chance of that yet.
Old 2009-05-24, 18:38   Link #938
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCman View Post
I (gave birth to a boy or girl?)
Since she has the same last name as Natsume I think the idea is that Reiko had a boy who had her last name (so maybe he's illegitimate?) and then that last name came to our Natsume.
Old 2009-05-28, 18:28   Link #939
FireChick

I hope the anime gets released on DVD in America soon. Hopefully a company like Viz, Bandai, or FUNimation could license it.
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-30, 11:40   Link #940
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Well Viz licensed the manga there is a chance that they will get the anime. And Funi released Mushi-shi which I am told is similar to Natsume so hopefully one of those (or a smaller, sub only company) will realize that there is a market for it and will get it.

Tags
brains-base, fantasy, supernatural, yokai