AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-06-17, 19:59   Link #581
BrokenWingz

@drobertbaker

Is it me or did one of your post went missing? Something seems amidst since I stalk this thread every hour.

EDIT: saw the changes noted on post.
BrokenWingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 20:25   Link #582
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Location: <clap> <clap> <clap> <clap> Deep in the Heart of Texas
Yeah, DangerMouse even said it was fantastic. And it was really nice about you, too.

But I refuse to let a hater drive the discussion bus. Like my new signature?
Old 2009-06-17, 20:31   Link #583
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Yeah, DangerMouse even said it was fantastic. And it was really nice about you, too.

But I refuse to let a hater drive the discussion bus. Like my new signature?

^^, haha I notice it long ago but yes.
I agree with DangerMouse I really like your old post, it had flare and passion.

A hero will always need a villain, To me KiryuuKazumanosuke is a necessary evil. However it is regretful that he has close his mind off from others people's opinion and simply only restating his own view. I don’t think at any stage he was willing to accept another person’s opinion.

Last edited by BrokenWingz; 2009-06-18 at 00:12.
Old 2009-06-17, 21:59   Link #584
DangerMouse

Yeah that's a good point, the important thing is that this show has proven that it already has it's fans and not only that, it's been interesting enough that many of it's fans are pretty vocal fans.

The show has been great and as we've noted throughout the thread the mysteries have been a treat and a fantastic source of discussion and theorizing which is one of the reasons shows like this are great and refreshing when they occasionally come out. They aren't straightforward and instead are more intricately layed out and as result are more of an experience to watch unfold, one of my favorite features of some of the best scifi series/movies.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-17, 22:47   Link #585
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

I concur completely. And it's not even half over yet. Lots more goodies to come!
Old 2009-06-19, 12:17   Link #586
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post

well anyway onto the actual episode,
I for one am starting to doubt that her "parents" are even real.
I agree 100%. Did you notice that when Karin came out into the "daylight" that the sky was just a projected surface identical to the one Mikuni is kept in. This makes it obvious that Karin is simply imprisoned as part of the Digma program, or some other program maybe. Either way its seems she is just another Atlas experiment of some sort. I'm not saying she didn't have real parents at one time, I'm just not sure that's her real dad sending her the emails.
iczelion74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 12:29   Link #587
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczelion74 View Post
I agree 100%. Did you notice that when Karin came out into the "daylight" that the sky was just a projected surface identical to the one Mikuni is kept in. This makes it obvious that Karin is simply imprisoned as part of the Digma program, or some other program maybe. Either way its seems she is just another Atlas experiment of some sort. I'm not saying she didn't have real parents at one time, I'm just not sure that's her real dad sending her the emails.
I actually didn't think of that. Ryoko didn't say anything about her though and she's supposedly behind the whole Digma thing... Although Karin isn't supposedly one of those, so what's her relation to this issue. Then again, my thought pattern when reviewing somehow ended up on the 3 bears and Goldilocks, but that was just me :P
Old 2009-06-19, 12:37   Link #588
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
I actually didn't think of that. Ryoko didn't say anything about her though and she's supposedly behind the whole Digma thing... Although Karin isn't supposedly one of those, so what's her relation to this issue. Then again, my thought pattern when reviewing somehow ended up on the 3 bears and Goldilocks, but that was just me :P
Yeah Karin wasn't shown in the database of digmas for sure. But Ryouko's interest in Medusa, as well as Karin's relationship to Digma Zero lead me to believe that Karin will be related to all of that somehow.
iczelion74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 17:44   Link #589
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal View Post
my thought pattern when reviewing somehow ended up on the 3 bears and Goldilocks, but that was just me :P
I like it! And you never know!

I just watched ep 11 again. I think it's my favorite episode and Karin really is my favorite character.

Some additional items I noticed this time:

Karin is humming "the song" before Canary shows up and then says "What's this? I can't remember." Is Canary a repressed part of herself now emerging because she's starting to lose control of things? He doesn't show up on security. He has the same collar (the cross) and white outfit as Karin. Is she having a little conversation with herself?

The phrase from Kunihito's vision : "The land with day and night in tow.. the world"

Zhang asks Karin "Why are you doing all this?". She very defensively replies "iroiro" and asides "like Papa and Mama".

Papa and Mama are teddy bears in their email. And they don't offer to visit her, but to meet her in Japan, where she says she can't go. How convenient. Could Karin herself have made up her perfect parents after she was ripped from her mother's arms?

Canary died 5 years ago, without ever leaving "the facility". He was holding the cat in those old pictures. He's kind of glowy and not all there (his legs). The cat is always around when Canary appears. Could Canary be a projection of some kind from the cat?

Tremendous amount of symbolism in Karin's front yard. Karin climbs out of the canary cage shaped monkey bars in the playground. Her building is also canary cage shaped. The motif on the ground shows the sun, the moon, and the land.

Mikuni's canaries sing for her alone and can't leave the garden.

The Atlas people refer to the Digma as the enemy so I don't think Digma is an Atlas project, but something earlier.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2009-06-21 at 07:28. Reason: added more stuff
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 00:34   Link #590
Alchemist007
*Author

Crushed cage at end = foreshadowing?
Old 2009-06-21, 06:19   Link #591
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Crushed cage at end = foreshadowing?
almost certainly.
Old 2009-06-21, 07:21   Link #592
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Chibi Kunihito pushes the big doors open and a whole herd of canaries fly out into the light leaving the crushed cage behind.
Old 2009-06-21, 21:50   Link #593
Weils

Episode 12:

Back to Neo-Akihabara again and those 3 weird old men. Karin in a bear costume shopping...how cute!!! Though the people seem absolutely creeped or weirded out. Sayoko and Ryoko knowing each other since high school. Kuniko planning her attacks on Atlas. Momoko finally returns to Kuniko! Looks like the next few episodes will be great, with all the attacks Metal Age is planning.
Weils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 22:01   Link #594
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

Did Miko strangle Mikuni?
Old 2009-06-21, 22:34   Link #595
BrokenWingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by drobertbaker View Post
Did Miko strangle Mikuni?
lol, making me check my eyes. It was a hug but of course getting hugged by a sumo wrestler must be painful but I’m positive Mikuni can make spaghetti out of anyone that harms her. Sayoko vs Ryouko lol, I can’t tell which one is more of a sadist.

I had a hunch a long time that Shangri-la theme is built on the prospect of our digma. With that prospect in mind I’m more willing to accept the multiply prospective angle, something likes experimental Lain. Now I can tell people its not about carbon ^^ with certainty.
Old 2009-06-22, 15:16   Link #596
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
hrm,
episode 12 made m theory of karin living in outer space impossible,
too bad.. it could have explained a lot of stuff..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 16:44   Link #597
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Was it just me or did the art quality seem to go down a little again? Maybe Crunchyroll was being weird again....
Anyway, Mik-Ko found Momoko pretty fast, I guess she has a pretty high position in the organization now and access to some of Sayoko's records. And Karin in the bear suit was adorable, but still very strange.
Oh, and if you look closely, Magical Gina's shoes have the same black and orange pattern on them that Kuniko's does. Even more proof that Kuniko's grandmother is the same person, or it's a super big red herring.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-22, 16:48   Link #598
drobertbaker
Major Lurker

I thought she lived in the Marshall Islands, but I guess if she can just go for a stroll to Akiba...

I noticed that the art seemed a little off too, and I haven't found that since episode 3, but this was much more minor.

Last edited by drobertbaker; 2009-06-22 at 17:12.
drobertbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 03:58   Link #599
klare

i did not notice the fall of art quality in eps 12

it is nice to know a bit more about Karin, although i still cannot figure what is her role...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 04:33   Link #600
KiryuuKazumanosuke

Quote:
I thought she lived in the Marshall Islands, but I guess if she can just go for a stroll to Akiba...
Ishida Finance, or one of its shell companies, was established in the Marshall Islands as a tax dodge. Its actual staff, all 3 of them, seem to live all around the world.
KiryuuKazumanosuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gonzo, science fiction