Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-09-17, 12:28   Link #1
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Ai no Mukidashi (2009)

I saw this movie about a week ago with a friend. Here's a trailer:

I generally am watching a freaking shitload of movies but I've honestly not been as impressed with a film within the last ten years or so as I was with this one. Throughout the entire length of its four hours there's not a single unnecessary second, everything flows perfectly. It's visually stunning, entertaining, got great actors, an awesome soundtrack, depth and overall provided me with a cinematic experience I haven't had since....maybe ever.
I have no idea when or if it's gonna be coming to theaters in the US but if it does - do watch it! I don't say this lightly and I don't feel that I'm in any way exaggerating when I say that it's one of the best movies of all times.
Old 2009-09-17, 12:45   Link #2
Siddyus
The Insidious

Another random Japanese kind of movie. Nonetheless, its interesting. Im gonna check it out.

BTW, is it just me... or Japanese movies are getting weirder and weirder(but not in a bad way of course. )?

Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 12:55   Link #3
JRendell
Manga Addict

Interesting indeed Looks rather comical aswell.

Thanks for sharing!
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 13:08   Link #4
james0246

I had a friend who is part of the Japan Society who recently say this in New York City. He expressed fond appreciation for the film, and exclaimed that this is the "first real Shion Sion film" (Sion has traditionally made horror-esque films (Suicide Club, Exte, etc) with the occasional silly drama interspersed (Yume no naka e anyone?) which is something he (and I) have been waiting for quite some time to see (Sion has always had the visual flare of a great director, but very little control, and his writing has been very superficial in the past).

I eagerly await to see this film, but sadly I doubt there will be a N. American release. I kow there will be a DVD release in the UK sometime later this year, so I might just pick up a copy then...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-17, 16:11   Link #5
Xion Valkyrie

That chick seems like every other stereotypical Japanese tough girl.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 01:59   Link #6
vspirit
...huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddyus View Post
Another random Japanese kind of movie. Nonetheless, its interesting. Im gonna check it out.

BTW, is it just me... or Japanese movies are getting weirder and weirder(but not in a bad way of course. )?
I assure you, it's not random at all. Watch it and you'll either love it or hate it. But either way, you probably won't think it as random anymore.

And this actually has a linear storyline and quite easy to digest. It has its weird moments but it jives well with the rest of the movie.

Overall, this movie has an innate value that a lot of the run-of-the-mill fare movie audiences are fed these days don't. And an awesome and extremely fitting accompanying soundtrack, to boot.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 02:11   Link #7
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Now this looks interesting. I'll definitely see this soon as I can.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 04:50   Link #8
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
is the DVD out yet D:
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-23, 14:22   Link #9
vspirit
...huh?

^Yes, in Japan. There will be a UK release early next year, I believe.

There's also soft sub floating around so if you run a seach, you'd probably stumble upon it.
Old 2009-09-23, 14:51   Link #10
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
^Yes, in Japan. There will be a UK release early next year, I believe.

There's also soft sub floating around so if you run a seach, you'd probably stumble upon it.
Best get diggin' then.
Old 2009-09-23, 18:07   Link #11
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I had a friend who is part of the Japan Society who recently say this in New York City. He expressed fond appreciation for the film, and exclaimed that this is the "first real Shion Sion film" (Sion has traditionally made horror-esque films (Suicide Club, Exte, etc) with the occasional silly drama interspersed (Yume no naka e anyone?) which is something he (and I) have been waiting for quite some time to see (Sion has always had the visual flare of a great director, but very little control, and his writing has been very superficial in the past).
I actually agree very much with your friend - none of Sion's films had impressed me a whole lot before. Which only added to my surprise once I saw Ai no Mukidashi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
That chick seems like every other stereotypical Japanese tough girl.
She's not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddyus View Post
It's not.

At both of you, and everyone else who tries to judge a four-hour movie based on a two-minute trailer: don't! That said, I'm open for any kind of discussion - if you've actually seen the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vspirit View Post
Overall, this movie has an innate value that a lot of the run-of-the-mill fare movie audiences are fed these days don't. And an awesome and extremely fitting accompanying soundtrack, to boot.
I'm glad I'm not the only one here who loved this movie. Also, I couldn't have put it any better myself.

I myself have got the Japanese DVD, which doesn't have any Subtitles. If you're interested and got a region-free Player (or live in Europe) I'd suggest getting the UK-DVD in January. Well, or getting the download before that, if it does exist.
Old 2009-09-24, 15:27   Link #12
vspirit
...huh?

^It does. I assure you it's no myth. I watched the movie four times, all four hours of it, in total. The first three times I watched via the DVD and the last via the newly-available soft sub which I stumbled upon and have no qualms downloading since I already did my part and purchased the DVD. The subtitling isn't perfect but it's decent enough to suffice and definitely good enough to enable the English-speaking audience to understand even the more intricate dialogues. There's even a 7 1/2-minute clip on youtube that someone has posted up taken from this very sub, of the scenes where Yu trains to be a sneak-photog. So it does exist. A little searching is all it takes to find it.
Old 2009-09-26, 07:32   Link #13
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Interesting movie ..I wanna see the end of it
Old 2009-10-10, 13:08   Link #14
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper

Okay, I saw the whole movie and let me tell you. It's LONG! But still it's was a good and decent movie. There are a lot of perverted things and very R rated stuff going on. You might have to be at least 17 or older to see this movie because of the things that go on. Aside from that, the actors did a great performance on doing their characters and I mean every single one! It also has a great story from starting off lightly to ending it once it gets extremely heavy. I recommend this movie to anyone who are 17 or older.
PrincessFrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 14:26   Link #15
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFrani View Post
Okay, I saw the whole movie and let me tell you. It's LONG! But still it's was a good and decent movie. There are a lot of perverted things and very R rated stuff going on. You might have to be at least 17 or older to see this movie because of the things that go on. Aside from that, the actors did a great performance on doing their characters and I mean every single one! It also has a great story from starting off lightly to ending it once it gets extremely heavy. I recommend this movie to anyone who are 17 or older.
Hmm, cool. Where did you watch it? Softsub or DVD?
Old 2009-10-10, 14:42   Link #16
PrincessFrani
TsuruyaxMikuru Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRendell View Post
Hmm, cool. Where did you watch it? Softsub or DVD?
YouTube.
PrincessFrani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 17:20   Link #17
JRendell
Manga Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFrani View Post
YouTube.
Ahh Thats not emabarrassing....
Old 2009-12-03, 01:22   Link #18
Langknow

wow....

ok spoilers below......

Spoiler for love exposure:

http://www.youtube.com/langknow

Last edited by Langknow; 2009-12-03 at 09:44.
Langknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 15:37   Link #19
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Gaijin Chikan in training here this Panchira movie will greatly help .

Jokes Aside this movie seems interesting probably watch it for a few laughs . But somewhat bold to make a movie with Panchira as a central theme . Also Panchira is shown in a good/funny light which isn't the case . Last heard there was a Panchira Simulator & Trainer
Old 2009-12-03, 23:22   Link #20
Langknow

funny as it mean seem to look like in the Trailer, this movie is not a comedy...

http://www.youtube.com/langknow
Langknow is offline   Reply With Quote