AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-03, 15:56   Link #581
immblueversion

I still seek closure regarding Rosa and Maria, wanting them to come to closer terms with one another once and for all. I believe strongly that a confrontation between Rosa and her husband, or at least her feelings towards her husband, must be a part of that picture if she is to truly atone for the dark deeds she had admittedly committed against her daughter caused by such an unfortunate occurrance.
Old 2010-01-03, 16:46   Link #582
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Nabiki Asakura
Sorry but I didn't read all the topic (still), but I was discussing with some friends about the explosion and, the police found the corpses in episode 1, so there was no explosion in episode 1?@_@
Oh, and sorry if someone asked it already

Spoiler:

I was thinking about the possibility that the explosion just occurs in the garden, then in episode 1, "beatrice" made everyone walk into the garden at the time of explosion. In episode 2, rosa and maria where running out of the mansion. Episode 3, Jessica probably was trying to folllow her aunt when Eva was going to Kwadorian. Episode 4, battler was in the garden.

Ah, I said "garden" but I was trying to say "outside", sorry >XD

Old 2010-01-03, 16:48   Link #583
Kamar
Author Wannabe

The fact that the bodies were so shredded seems to indicate the explosion DID happen.
Old 2010-01-03, 16:52   Link #584
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamar View Post
The fact that the bodies were so shredded seems to indicate the explosion DID happen.
But maybe it happened just outside....
I'm trying to understand if the mansion exploded too, because Ange didn't find it when she went to Rokkenjima @_@

Old 2010-01-03, 17:03   Link #585
ArcticHelm

I was under the impression Ange didn't get close enough to check much of anything in episode 4 due to the worn terrain.
Old 2010-01-03, 17:07   Link #586
June 1983

If you look on the map in the anime in the second to last episode, it looks like the mansion and other buildings are no longer there, and that possibly the elevation of the ground has sunk, too.
Old 2010-01-03, 17:15   Link #587
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by June 1983 View Post
If you look on the map in the anime in the second to last episode, it looks like the mansion and other buildings are no longer there, and that possibly the elevation of the ground has sunk, too.
But the police found the corpses, right? And then, later, maybe Eva has ordered a demolition...
She would never talk about it, so ange wouldn't know.

Could it be that Erika's presence makes the explosion occur inside the mansion?
A friend of mine is thinking about mines in the forest.

Old 2010-01-03, 17:23   Link #588
supertonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
First summaries for today. Respect levels for George dropping.

Spoiler for Ep6 summaries:
This might be completly unrelated to solving the game but i think i know why witch and spirits hate spider webs bcs if they pass through them they wotn break so it will prove their inexistense ??
Old 2010-01-03, 17:32   Link #589
Marion
The Great Dine

The game itself definietly confirms an explosion occurred. In the game when you execute Erika in the human characters her dead tips explain that an explosion of some form did occur on the island and possibly killed her if she was on the island. So we know for sure that something of that sort does happen. Whether it be from the boiler room or a bomb however is to be questioned.
Old 2010-01-03, 17:49   Link #590
Nabiki Asakura
Order Maiden
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
The game itself definietly confirms an explosion occurred. In the game when you execute Erika in the human characters her dead tips explain that an explosion of some form did occur on the island and possibly killed her if she was on the island. So we know for sure that something of that sort does happen. Whether it be from the boiler room or a bomb however is to be questioned.
Well, yes, but now I'm trying to go to the place.

Why does, in the first 4 games, the explosion occurs(maybe) outside and in 5 and 6 inside? Could it be that Erika is a diferential? All the corpses are ok in episode 1, I'm using it as a proof that a explosion didn't occur inside the mansion, but I still need to check the other episodes

Old 2010-01-03, 17:55   Link #591
ArcticHelm

It's probably safe to assume that the explosion at least covers the area where the rose garden, guest house and mansion are located and probably farther.
Old 2010-01-03, 18:15   Link #592
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
Well, yes, but now I'm trying to go to the place.

Why does, in the first 4 games, the explosion occurs(maybe) outside and in 5 and 6 inside? Could it be that Erika is a diferential? All the corpses are ok in episode 1, I'm using it as a proof that a explosion didn't occur inside the mansion, but I still need to check the other episodes
I highly doubt she's an exponent in what happens - Erika is a sudden addition to the plans of the culprit for sure. Nobody expected her, unless they have psychic powers

Personally I think it did happen inside the mansion. In EP 1 when we see the four cousins by the portrait they see golden butterflies. Perhaps the golden butterflies can represent flames? You can use the same example for Kanon, who also saw golden butterflies. Kinzo was burning at the time so he saw the flames.
Old 2010-01-03, 18:43   Link #593
Animefanaticka
Attorney at Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
@Animefanaticka: I think Hideyoshi would be fourth twilight. He never seems to survive past the 6th twilight.

Spoiler for EP 6 revelation in here:

I do think that Jessica and Kanon are good for the 2nd twilight though, considering what happens with Shannon and Kanon near the end of the game.
But you also have to remember, in the previous episodes, Rudolf never got passed the first twilight, except one other episode.

About your other point, I wouldn't know, I haven't played the game, I'm just reading for spoilers!
Old 2010-01-03, 19:03   Link #594
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefanaticka View Post
But you also have to remember, in the previous episodes, Rudolf never got passed the first twilight, except one other episode.

About your other point, I wouldn't know, I haven't played the game, I'm just reading for spoilers!
But since then he has. As far as pattern goes all we can predict is this for near certainty:

+Rosa will almost always die the first twilight (4/6 times)
+If the GM is not Beatrice then Maria will die the first twilight (EP5, 6)
  • If the GM changes then Maria will die the following twilight (EP 3)
+Natsuhi and Eva die on the 1st twilight in even number games (EP 2, EP 4, EP 6)
+If Shannon or Kanon die the other dies the following twilight.
  • Exception: EP 1, where Kanon survived until the 5th twilight. EP 3, where they died the same twilight.
+Jessica has interchanging deaths between the 10th twilight and the 2nd twilight (EP 1 and 3 were 10th, EP 2 and 4 were 2nd)
  • Exception: Jessica died on the 1st twilight in EP 5
+Battler will always live to the 10th twilight
  • Exception: Eva kills him in EP 3 before the 10th twilight
+If Eva dies, Hideyoshi is soon to follow (EP 1, 2, 4)
  • If Hideyoshi dies, Eva's life expectancy rises (EP 3, 5)

There are probably more than this, but this what I noticed.
Old 2010-01-03, 19:07   Link #595
Isekaijin

Then that is Beato's true identity? An explosion?

Call me sceptic but I seriously doubt that an explosion killed Battler in EP 4. Because if so I would be very dissapointed with Ryukishi.

Then what would Battler's sin be? Messing with the boiler room 6 years ago?
Old 2010-01-03, 19:11   Link #596
Marion
The Great Dine

Beatrice is not an explosion and Battler's sin has nothing to do with the explosion. Please play the game before talking about things here, because if you played the game it makes it almost crystal clear that the sin is a broken promise.
Old 2010-01-03, 19:15   Link #597
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Then that is Beato's true identity? An explosion
Beatrice is many things:

- A human (or part of one)
- A legend
- An explosion
- ????

Perhaps, the explosion deal would work as "Beatrice" since the culprit used the legend to conceal its cause.
Old 2010-01-03, 19:21   Link #598
Rias

Beatrice's identity, according to Ep6, is:

Akujikijima Legend + Kinzo's crazy claims + a certain maiden heart

Which explains different versions of Beatrice (for example, suit-Beatrice is Rokkenjima Legend version)
Old 2010-01-03, 19:22   Link #599
ArcticHelm

Well, Beato seems to be an amalgamation of things. Just as moe-Beato and hair down Beato in episode 6 express different aspects or formations of Beatrice, the explosion could be an aspect of Beatrice as well. It seems to be the concealing factor of the events on Rokkenjima, most likely caused by the culprit aspect of Beatrice (split-persona/false identity/whatever).

It seems likely that the culprit probably believed in the magic behind the event that happened on Rokkenjima and thought that they really could make infinite possibilities. In episode 6, suit Beato notes in gold that moe Beato was able to make wonderful magic, a petal of gold inside an upside down cup. I think it'd probably be fair to say that the culprit-aspect of Beatrice was perhaps aiming for this as well.

Edit: Beaten to some of this already. >.>

Last edited by ArcticHelm; 2010-01-03 at 19:22. Reason: slow
Old 2010-01-03, 19:23   Link #600
Ttak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabiki Asakura View Post
But the police found the corpses, right? And then, later, maybe Eva has ordered a demolition...
Wait, when did it was said the police found the corpses? I believe they only found body parts but could only confirm the owner of one jaw (or part of it), Maria.

Thanks for the sig Risa chan
Closed Thread