AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-07-30, 08:01   Link #4161
TkMacintosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilshere View Post
And it says for those of us that can't read Japanese?
TkMacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-30, 08:07   Link #4162
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by TkMacintosh View Post
And it says for those of us that can't read Japanese?
I think it somehow says that the anime will go with the Megane ending(Manami or so) which is nonsense. The synopsis of the last episodes say otherwise of course and I really think this is to get people hyped. The premiere is in 9 days so we got to wait.
Old 2013-07-30, 11:37   Link #4163
relentlessflame

*Administrator

It's just G's Magazine playing a bit of a game. They have a little section to describe their editorial "predictions" of the various possible endings (not really seriously -- just for fun), but of course it's silly because they already know exactly how it's going to end (even if it were different from the source), so there's no point in them making "predictions". But they're trying to do it in such a way that doesn't actually give away the ending and keeps the "surprise" for those people who haven't already been spoiled. (And then when they get it "wrong", next month they can be like "oh, what a surprise ending!" even though they already knew it. )

Anyway, it is by no means some sort of hint about what's actually going to be in the anime. G's has this sort of "filler" content in their magazines all the time, and they're not trying to pass it off as any sort of official hint or guidance. 2ch and Yaraon are only pointing it out because it's provocative.
Old 2013-07-31, 10:55   Link #4164
Wilshere

I don't know if this is ok but I think I'll leave it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXss...layer_embedded

Its ''Kyousuke's'' somehow confession scene although I think its from the Manami's confrontation. It was at the Oreimo festival just a week ago.
Old 2013-07-31, 11:16   Link #4165
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
I don't know if this is ok but I think I'll leave it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXss...layer_embedded

Its ''Kyousuke's'' somehow confession scene although I think its from the Manami's confrontation. It was at the Oreimo festival just a week ago.
Um, the other person was the seiiyu for Saori. I think it's just something funny for that festival.

EDIT: The other video of Hanazawa Kana and Taketatsu Ayana was pretty funny. With Hanazawa Kana as Kuroneko doing that Kirino "Akihabara!" at the end.
Old 2013-07-31, 12:29   Link #4166
jasonhan416

I will die happily if they go for ayase ending ^^
If not and just follow the light novel, that would be okay too....

AYASE ENDING PLEASE!!

EDIT: I hardly doubt they are going to do it lol

Last edited by jasonhan416; 2013-07-31 at 12:41.
jasonhan416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 20:04   Link #4167
protheus
short series addict

Unfortunately, Ayase's route ended already in the anime, since she got the NO from Kyosuke.
Old 2013-08-06, 07:43   Link #4168
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Just finished the LN series...

Spoiler for Thoughts on the ending:
Kamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 07:46   Link #4169
Wilshere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamar View Post

Well, how did you come to that conclusion? Kuroneko clearly states that she will never be with Kyousuke and he rejected her. As for them agreeing not to continue this relationship, the epilogue states otherwise.

Last edited by Wilshere; 2013-08-06 at 08:07.
Wilshere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 07:59   Link #4170
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:

Kyousuke emphatically shut down the door on every other love interest. It is stated multiple times, that the bridge behind him was cut. So, I really can't follow your thoughts there.
Old 2013-08-06, 08:30   Link #4171
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Woah, just noticed my reply completely vanished. To repeat myself:

@Wilshere, not sure if you're saying the epilogue states they will or won't stick to the agreement. I think it suggests heavily they won't, but doesn't come all the way to saying it outright.

As for Kuroneko...what's said about her Pixiv account seems pretty at odds with her surface actions near the end, being pretty much exactly in line with the 'stick to them both' line she's been following since Vol 8 or earlier.

And...honestly, if the novels ends immediately on heavy implication of 'screw the big firm decision we made' it's hard to take anything else said about the future seriously, isn't it?

But, uh, either way, I didn't expect to find myself instantly on the defensive from multiple fronts about such a silly 'what if' post. :P
Old 2013-08-06, 08:50   Link #4172
Wilshere

Quote:
Woah, just noticed my reply completely vanished. To repeat myself:

@Wilshere, not sure if you're saying the epilogue states they will or won't stick to the agreement. I think it suggests heavily they won't, but doesn't come all the way to saying it outright.

As for Kuroneko...what's said about her Pixiv account seems pretty at odds with her surface actions near the end, being pretty much exactly in line with the 'stick to them both' line she's been following since Vol 8 or earlier.

And...honestly, if the novels ends immediately on heavy implication of 'screw the big firm decision we made' it's hard to take anything else said about the future seriously, isn't it?

But, uh, either way, I didn't expect to find myself instantly on the defensive from multiple fronts about such a silly 'what if' post. :P
I'm sure you are missing a whole lot on the epilogue. Come on, he bought her a ring and,well, kissed her which resulted into more ''life counseling''. If you know what that term really means for both of them, it won't be necessary to get it approved by the author twice.
Old 2013-08-06, 09:00   Link #4173
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Quote:
I'm sure you are missing a whole lot on the epilogue. Come on, he bought her a ring and,well, kissed her which resulted into more ''life counseling''. If you know what that term really means for both of them, it won't be necessary to get it approved by the author twice.
I'm not missing anything, I was speaking strictly to what is stated, not what is implied. You're simultaneously telling me they definitely didn't keep a door closed that they said they would shut...

and telling me to expect other people in this series to keep THEIR promises to give up their feelings?

OreImo is built on people lying about their feelings. Kyousuke might be the most unreliable narrator in history.

My ideal post-ending events certainly aren't as cut-and-dry denied as you seem to think.

edit: I could go even further beyond with my silliness by folding Ayase into the group, given her les yay interactions with Kirino and Kuroneko.

alternate troll edition: It's not a all-directions full group thing, just Kirino's harem. :P

Last edited by Kamar; 2013-08-06 at 09:14.
Old 2013-08-06, 09:22   Link #4174
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
and telling me to expect other people in this series to keep THEIR promises to give up their feelings?

OreImo is built on people lying about their feelings. Kyousuke might be the most unreliable narrator in history.
It is not about other people's feelings, but rather Kyousuke. Kyousuke might be an unreliable narrator, but his actions have spoken clear words. Just to name a few examples, one is he thanked Kuroneko for cutting all routes back when she disturbed that confession of his. Two, he could have defused that Manami situation by not cutting Kirino off, when she wanted to tell Manami about that agreement. Third, his own assessment in the last chapter. By all accounts, Kyousuke himself closes the door. That's why I have a hard time seeing a basis for your 'what if'. As for the ending, there are many interpretations, I have enclosed my interpretation:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3675

Though I have to add, that in this post I did not see the ring-thing in the end. If you look back in this thread, you will see other interpretations that are good.
Old 2013-08-06, 09:30   Link #4175
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Like I said, I have a hard time taking 'shut doors' seriously when the final chapter is agreeing to close a door and the epilogue is picking the lock on that same door.

There's absolutely no reason to think my interpretation is probable, obviously not, but I defend it as 'less improbable than it first seems'.

It doesn't contradict the possibilities, it doesn't require excessive OOCness, and it makes me grin, which is good enough for me.

(...ya know, I own a beard and a business, I don't think I'm legally allowed to argue this much about LN pairings. I'm going to have to give one of these things up now. ;d)
Old 2013-08-06, 09:45   Link #4176
Wilshere

He might be an unreliable narrator, sure, but Kyousuke of Volume 12 did not spout a lie. I asked this question once and it really did make sense, ''Why haven't they told Saori and Kuroneko that they are time-limited couple?'' He made it clear that there was no ambiguity in his choice. He won't be available again and really, there was no reason to burn off the bridges to the other girls if that is what he ''wanted''. Case closed for me.
Old 2013-08-06, 10:11   Link #4177
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
Like I said, I have a hard time taking 'shut doors' seriously when the final chapter is agreeing to close a door and the epilogue is picking the lock on that same door.

There's absolutely no reason to think my interpretation is probable, obviously not, but I defend it as 'less improbable than it first seems'.

It doesn't contradict the possibilities, it doesn't require excessive OOCness, and it makes me grin, which is good enough for me.

(...ya know, I own a beard and a business, I don't think I'm legally allowed to argue this much about LN pairings. I'm going to have to give one of these things up now. ;d)
Well, you do have to differentiate about different doors. Furthermore, in this series you have to consider the restrictions the author is under. The author has indicated in interviews, that he was under certain restrictions by the publisher, so the way the story ended was the maximum he could do for a Kirino-ending.
Old 2013-08-06, 12:05   Link #4178
Sakuratsuki

Quote:

I don't think Oreimo is build upon people lying about their feelings. I think it is build on people who can't express there real feelings because there is something that they want to defend or to hide because of social circumstances or other reasons.

Let us take Kuroneko as an example: I think that Kuroneko knew (from the start) That Kirino and kyousuke were not just normal siblings. Look back at volume 3 chapter 1, this is the volume where Kuroneko for the first time visited the kosaka houshold:

Spoiler for volume 3: chapter 1:

Spoiler for Long post:

Editing: sorry for the long post, i have placed it in a spoiler tag
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 12:07   Link #4179
seangel92

Kyosuke burned all the bridges and he loves kirino, I don't know how people still saying that he gonna end with kuroneko, manami or his teacher...
seangel92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 12:40   Link #4180
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Your essay convinced me I enjoyed the series wrong and that my imagination did a bad thing.

I'm sorry.

edit: okay, that was a bit mean-spirited, but I expected more of a 'to each his own' dismissal and not, like, essays about how wrong I am for musing about a maybe.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings