AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-03, 23:07   Link #2041
XFire
150% done

n0m@n has updated again. Those three are nuts, but they're also so damn funny.
Old 2013-08-04, 16:12   Link #2042
soullesspoet

ise has an uncanny ability to rise to the occasion put him in a situation to lose and he will most likely win with some new ability ..... also in regards to the harem i think ise is not only blind to fact that he has one i think the only one from his group the he knows is a part of it is rias . power wise is is no where near the top "yet" before i consider him in the top 100 is for him to gain High class status a title learn to fly on his own gain new abilities with his familiar get his own team make some contracts with humans or mil-tan and absolutely destroy the evil dragons after that ill say " okay hes top 100 "
Old 2013-08-04, 22:18   Link #2043
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soullesspoet View Post
ise has an uncanny ability to rise to the occasion put him in a situation to lose and he will most likely win with some new ability ..... also in regards to the harem i think ise is not only blind to fact that he has one i think the only one from his group the he knows is a part of it is rias . power wise is is no where near the top "yet" before i consider him in the top 100 is for him to gain High class status a title learn to fly on his own gain new abilities with his familiar get his own team make some contracts with humans or mil-tan and absolutely destroy the evil dragons after that ill say " okay hes top 100 "
I gotta disagree after vol.10 I'd say Ise at least sure of Asia, Akeno, and Koneko interest after there little healing session however he still needs to work on managing the situation.
As for your evaluation of Ise while agree he has a ways to go in power before he is in the top 100 most of your evaluation criteria have nothing to do with his actual power at least in the context of what they're typically talking about in this series when they discuss power.

Spoiler for From Vol 15 Ise ability:
Old 2013-08-05, 15:27   Link #2044
Flames

I was just checking the high school dxd wiki page for Kiba and I discover below the trivia area there was a point saying that Kiba calls himself "Yumi" in girl form. I'm wondering where did that sort of information come from.
Old 2013-08-05, 18:27   Link #2045
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD_LION View Post
Well, to me Issei still has a long way to go, his full potential is not yet defined, because his existence is the union of the 3 dragons more powerful on the planet, a fact that never in history had happened. My question is: What will be his next step?. The author said "Divine Dividing", others say it's first the stability of "Cardinal Crimson Promotion".
Well couple of points one he technically would be a union of the 4 most powerful dragons since his scared gear also has gained Albion's power when he took in it's soul gem. Also I'd say Ise journey just depends on how you look at even if you assume it's in a 100 years or so he'll top in terms of power and probably be one of the most powerful beings out there that's not really a long time for a Devil since they can live for 10,000 years.
Old 2013-08-05, 22:59   Link #2046
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
Well couple of points one he technically would be a union of the 4 most powerful dragons since his scared gear also has gained Albion's power when he took in it's soul gem. Also I'd say Ise journey just depends on how you look at even if you assume it's in a 100 years or so he'll top in terms of power and probably be one of the most powerful beings out there that's not really a long time for a Devil since they can live for 10,000 years.
Yeah, I agree that Ise is basically the "union" of 4 dragons, and that it's going to take some time, before he completely masters that power.

Not to mention, Ise is also the current wielder of Ascalon, and that definitely increased his "potential skill set"

The only thing that I might add is that, it's possible that Ise won't have an ordinary lifespan of a Devil.

After all, being the "son" of Great Red and Ophis might have brought some changes in that area ... which aren't "visible" yet, due to the fact that his "new" body is still a little "unstable", when it comes to his "lifespan" and probably some other area's that involve "Ophis" and "Great Red's" power. that is "residing" in Issei's body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames View Post
I was just checking the high school dxd wiki page for Kiba and I discover below the trivia area there was a point saying that Kiba calls himself "Yumi" in girl form. I'm wondering where did that sort of information come from.
I think that it's the side story that was mentioned in volume 13, where every member , apart from Ise, transformed into their opposite gender, using one of Azazel's inventions.

Unfortunately, that side story, still remains untranslated, since it hasn't been contained in any of the "side story" volumes.

Last edited by Chris38; 2013-08-05 at 23:14.
Old 2013-08-06, 14:38   Link #2047
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Speaking of girl Kiba...

I sorta want to see the guys in his harem for real.

Half because I want to see the fandom freak, half because it makes Issei's harem-making power even more memetic.

And another half because I'd bad for them getting left out in the cold.
Old 2013-08-06, 15:24   Link #2048
WILD_LION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
Yeah, I agree that Ise is basically the "union" of 4 dragons, and that it's going to take some time, before he completely masters that power.

Not to mention, Ise is also the current wielder of Ascalon, and that definitely increased his "potential skill set"

The only thing that I might add is that, it's possible that Ise won't have an ordinary lifespan of a Devil.

After all, being the "son" of Great Red and Ophis might have brought some changes in that area ... which aren't "visible" yet, due to the fact that his "new" body is still a little "unstable", when it comes to his "lifespan" and probably some other area's that involve "Ophis" and "Great Red's" power. that is "residing" in Issei's body.
Do you think that an infinity lifeforce for some seconds con help issei to use the powers of Albion?

And do you think that a new Sub-Species of issei Sacred Gear will be created with this development, or just will be the Gauntlet or the Full Armor?

Because Issei has been told by Azazel that he should develop a Sub-Species for Boosted Gear.
Old 2013-08-06, 18:31   Link #2049
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post

Well I agree that Ise will have some problems with his new body to add some drama but I kind doubt that they won't be resolved before in the end of the series.

You know though too we could easily endup with Ise also having Vritra's powers all Ise needs to do is get a hold of Soul Gems.

Quote:
Do you think that an infinity lifeforce for some seconds con help issei to use the powers of Albion?
Either that or his new humanoid dragon god will have enough magic power or be able to enter a state where it has enough magical reserves that Ise doesn't need to use his life force.

Quote:
And do you think that a new Sub-Species of issei Sacred Gear will be created with this development, or just will be the Gauntlet or the Full Armor?

Because Issei has been told by Azazel that he should develop a Sub-Species for Boosted Gear.
I would image will get a new Su-Species the whole just the right gauntlet changing white was alright for a first attempt in battle ability but if this is going to be a new power set for Ise I'd expect more.
Old 2013-08-06, 21:23   Link #2050
soullesspoet

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I gotta disagree after vol.10 I'd say Ise at least sure of Asia, Akeno, and Koneko interest after there little healing session however he still needs to work on managing the situation.
As for your evaluation of Ise while agree he has a ways to go in power before he is in the top 100 most of your evaluation criteria have nothing to do with his actual power at least in the context of what they're typically talking about in this series when they discuss power.

Spoiler for From Vol 15 Ise ability:
i understand you points completely but in terms of raw power yes isse is at the top he needs to be polished off like a diamond . but power also comes from his friends and the thought that if something were to happen to them . as for the harem he might know it but does not openly acknowledge it . isse simply need time to mature before anything else can really develope for him his life force/ mana needs to develop he need alot of work on keeping it cool in high stress battles and realistcly divine dividing shouldnt be the next skill developed because he has so much unfinished skills as is adding another one will just seem unuseful
Old 2013-08-06, 21:47   Link #2051
ImperialFlameGod8190

See as far as im concerned its a harem with these girls: Rias, Asia, Koneko, Akeno, Ravel.
Irina is his childhood friend and he sees her as a friend and besides natural horniness he doesn't care. Not to mention Irina herself doesn't really know what she wants if she wants anything
Xenovia isn't in love with issei as much as she wants knowledge from men and besides Issei there's nobody else who she feels comfortable helping her in that regards.
Ross isn't and wont be a harem member EVER.
Kuroka I think teases Issei because of Koneko and I have a feeling she's in love with Vali.
Le Fay is a fan of oppai dragon and nothing more and I believe she wants to help issei because she wants to help her idol.
Old 2013-08-06, 21:55   Link #2052
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
See as far as im concerned its a harem with these girls: Rias, Asia, Koneko, Akeno, Ravel.
Irina is his childhood friend and he sees her as a friend and besides natural horniness he doesn't care. Not to mention Irina herself doesn't really know what she wants if she wants anything
Xenovia isn't in love with issei as much as she wants knowledge from men and besides Issei there's nobody else who she feels comfortable helping her in that regards.
Ross isn't and wont be a harem member EVER.
Kuroka I think teases Issei because of Koneko and I have a feeling she's in love with Vali.
Le Fay is a fan of oppai dragon and nothing more and I believe she wants to help issei because she wants to help her idol.
I agree that the official members of the harem consist of Asia, Rias, Akeno, Koneko, and Ravel (By order when they shown attraction to Ise). I would not be so quick to denounce the others, especially since their back stories and thoughts have not been explored. As the saying goes "don't not count your chickens before they hatch" and thus lets be patient until then. We already know two centered volumes coming up which is Gasper and Rossweisse so lets wait. I am wondering when Xenovia will have hers.
Old 2013-08-06, 22:02   Link #2053
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I agree that the official members of the harem consist of Asia, Rias, Akeno, Koneko, and Ravel (By order when they shown attraction to Ise). I would not be so quick to denounce the others, especially since their back stories and thoughts have not been explored. As the saying goes "don't not count your chickens before they hatch" and thus lets be patient until then. We already know two centered volumes coming up which is Gasper and Rossweisse so lets wait. I am wondering when Xenovia will have hers.
Perhaps so Reaper but think about it she even admitted herself
Quote:
“Yeah, while serving God, I had thrown away the part of me, a women’s happiness. My body, my heart, I sealed everything for the sake of faith. However, like this, I am currently a devil. What should I do, initially I didn’t understand. After asking my present master, Rias Buchou---”

Devils are beings that possess greed, fulfil greed, award greed, and desire greed. Try living as you wish.

That was what Buchou said.

“That’s why, I felt free to release, what was sealed inside me, and become skilful in that.”

Release a girl’s happiness…….?

“And then, my new objective, dream is-----to bear children.”
Xenovia is and still remains a blank slate in almost all regards I mean heck she didn't even know what a bread maker was. The girl is naïve in everything which is sad
Kuroka's teasing has mainly been when koneko is around and i doubt she'll do anything anyway.
Le Fay is basically what issei wanted asia to be a shy girl who rely's on issei when she needs to.
Ross feels her responsibility is more important then anything so for now i'd say no way
Old 2013-08-06, 22:46   Link #2054
GundamFan

Quote:
i understand you points completely but in terms of raw power yes isse is at the top he needs to be polished off like a diamond . but power also comes from his friends and the thought that if something were to happen to them . as for the harem he might know it but does not openly acknowledge it . isse simply need time to mature before anything else can really develope for him his life force/ mana needs to develop he need alot of work on keeping it cool in high stress battles and realistcly divine dividing shouldnt be the next skill developed because he has so much unfinished skills as is adding another one will just seem unuseful
Well I agree with Ise needs a lot of work. And as far as the harem goes I think part of the problem Ise isn't sure what to do I mean sure he has the harem but managing it seems to be trickier then he thought especially since the girls are a bit clingy after the whole death and resurrection thing.
I do think Divine Dividing will be helpful because much like Ise life force being unstable a big part of his powers being unstable is to add drama so probably a lot of those issues will clear besides I think we've waited long enough for Divine Dividing Ise got the ability back in Vol 4 and hasn't done really anything with it yet.
Old 2013-08-06, 23:03   Link #2055
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Perhaps so Reaper but think about it she even admitted herself
Xenovia is and still remains a blank slate in almost all regards I mean heck she didn't even know what a bread maker was. The girl is naïve in everything which is sad
Kuroka's teasing has mainly been when koneko is around and i doubt she'll do anything anyway.
Le Fay is basically what issei wanted asia to be a shy girl who rely's on issei when she needs to.
Ross feels her responsibility is more important then anything so for now i'd say no way
Despite what Xenovia said, she seems shy when it actually goes really really down. For a girl who openly says that she wants nothing from Ise other than his "millions of little buddies" down there, why did she felt nervous when they first slept in the same bed together. Then there was the time where she couldn't kiss him in the lips rather she kissed him on the cheeks despite it was a good moment.
Quote:
“Roger that. I will think about it.”
“Yes, I hope you do positively.”
I don’t know any plan about the future, but building a business with Asia and Xenovia seems interesting. I was thinking while bending my neck, and Xenovia stops swinging her sword.
“Somehow, talking to you made the nervousness inside me disappear.”
Xenovia approaches me who was sitting down and….
Chu.
She kissed me on the cheek! Uoooooooo! I was shocked at the sudden thing! A kiss in the cheek huh!
“It’s my gift to you. Should I give it to your lips next? Fufufu. Then I will be resting for today now.”
Xenovia leaves after saying that. I could only touch my cheek for the sudden kiss she gave me.
She has some classy attributes to her. Lets wait until her full back story is opened. Also with Rossweisse, I cannot predict that. Though generally speaking the author looks like he is going full house with the harem, a mix of varieties.
Old 2013-08-06, 23:17   Link #2056
Kamar
Author Wannabe

Considering that line about local wives in one of the afterwords, Issei's harem will cover to some degree every female entity that looks the right age eventually.

In the world.

And I'm not convinced it will stop at 'female' or 'the right age'.

It's going to be like Instrumentality.

:P
Old 2013-08-06, 23:23   Link #2057
WILD_LION

Quote:
I think that the author is trying to create a relation between:
Boost----------0---------- Divide
Zero-----------0-----------Infinite
Old 2013-08-07, 00:27   Link #2058
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Despite what Xenovia said, she seems shy when it actually goes really really down. For a girl who openly says that she wants nothing from Ise other than his "millions of little buddies" down there, why did she felt nervous when they first slept in the same bed together. Then there was the time where she couldn't kiss him in the lips rather she kissed him on the cheeks despite it was a good moment.

She has some classy attributes to her. Lets wait until her full back story is opened. Also with Rossweisse, I cannot predict that. Though generally speaking the author looks like he is going full house with the harem, a mix of varieties.
Not only that, but Xenovia has displayed jealousy and annoyance on many occasions when Issei is involved with other girls. In volume 7 (she was oblivious upset when Akeno kissed Issei), Volume 9 (She was annoyed when Issei passed out after "embracing" Irina for the first), in Ise SOS (She not only displayed open hostility toward Abe and openly objected to Issei pretending to be her boyfriend) and in Holy☆Maiden Goes to the Holy-Land (She was greatly upset and angry about Issei's choice of "Eroge", being only about Onee-samas' and not about church affiliates (like her and Asia)). IMO, Xenovia is in love with Issei and there are more than enough hints that say she is. The only thing is that she has yet to verbally say it.

As far as Kuroka is concerned, while she enjoys teasing and flirting with Ise (to get a reaction out of Koneko), she does seem to carry some slightly affection for him. Which seems to be increasing , along with the amount of physical contact she has with him.
At the moment, Le Fay is just a fan who becomes a very shy girl, when she is around her hero, Issei.
And Issei has yet to really set of any flags with Rossweisse, but this may change when the volume that will focus on her comes out.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2013-08-07 at 02:56.
Old 2013-08-07, 01:02   Link #2059
Chris38

Quote:
I think that the author is trying to create a relation between:
Boost----------0---------- Divide
Zero-----------0-----------Infinite
Yeah, I believe that's what the author is trying to develop / create as well.

Since, honestly speaking I don't see anything else that the author could do, to increase / develop Ise's "power".

After all, the development of his Boosted Gear has pretty much reached it's peak already, since the stabilization of the CCQ mode is something that is naturally going to occur, the more Ise fights using his three Trident modes.

Magic, has never been Ise's forte ... and while I could see him developing two - three new spells, that will provide him with some long distance attacks, I doubt that Ise is going to reach some major developments, in that area.

Ascalon ... we already had some development in this area, during the events of volume 14 ... and like magic, I doubt that swordsmanship is going to suddenly become Ise's forte.

His dragonification ability is something that is related with his "current" body, so I doubt that we will see a lot of improvements in that regard, until the author decides to start developing the power of Ophis and Great Red, that is contained within Ise's "new" body.

Which leaves only the "Dividing gear" or "Ophis / Great Red powers" as the next potential major power up, that Ise is going to undergo ... and since "Albion's" powers have been "introduced" earlier in the story, I think that it's finally time to see some developments in that area, especially considering the fact that the "long term issues" of Ise's "Juggernaut Drive" incident have been mostly resolved, after Ise has obtained a "new" body from Great Red and Ophis.
Old 2013-08-07, 02:22   Link #2060
DrakeKnight

Well I'll have to agree with sky black.
Xenovia's seem to see Ise as the only male for her. If her reasoning is only strong childs she would have a lot of guys to choose from.
Plus that one line in vol 14 where she basically confess her feeling about Ise and that it start after the Vol 4 flag(The whole wanting Asia and Xenovia to be able to pray)

I see Kuroka as a tenses but also I think she's get a soft spot for Ise.
Also Nekomata absord the auras of those around them so maybe if she keep hang out with Ise's group her character could soften
Closed Thread

Tags
harem, school life, shounen