AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 7 16.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 30.23%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 20.93%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-30, 07:16   Link #281
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Ah HA! SEE?! WE CAN AGREE!!!!
Once logic is in control, the almost ridiculous infallibility of the 300's stand becomes clear...
Old 2007-08-30, 07:28   Link #282
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Once logic is in control, the almost ridiculous infallibility of the 300's stand becomes clear...
"Yuri is evil"

Say it once when you wake up, once before and after meal, and once before the end of the day.

We'll force that "Yazi-Nuri" to eat his own words!
Old 2007-08-30, 08:29   Link #283
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post

Personally, I'm not as tight on character development. But one of the early things attracting me to StrikerS is its apparent novel attempt to blend "military / paramilitary" with "Magical Girl". So when the military side falls flat, I really mind.[/spoiler]But to each his own... an additional point this shows is that people with very different views can still blast StrikerS, which suggests it had managed to piss off almost everyone maybe except the NxF crowd.

You are so right dude.I cant believe i kinda wasted my time on this series(well half of it was good)

And as i said,if vivio's a key character,why are there so many mysteries around her?Vivio just came and like Bam!the new adopted kid on the block.And i can see they arent the least suspicious about her.Wont they wonder where did she come from?Who is she excalty?Where are her birth parents?(see this from the character's point of view)
Old 2007-08-30, 08:31   Link #284
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
At least we found out that she was artificially created, so we can assume that they did some kind of at least basic research on her.
Old 2007-08-30, 08:39   Link #285
Nemesis

hmm....okay....but the fact that vivio just slid in that smoothly as an adopted to RF6 was too illogicial.No suspicion or whatsoever.And besides,how did she get out of her tank?
Old 2007-08-30, 10:40   Link #286
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
hmm....okay....but the fact that vivio just slid in that smoothly as an adopted to RF6 was too illogicial.No suspicion or whatsoever.And besides,how did she get out of her tank?
Tis' but another conveniently forgotten detail. How were those drones found near Vivio's container busted, and by who? Vivio? Her own Garyuu? The Relics, or whatever demons that rest within them (Hey, now that's another idea )? The Cradle's logic-defying "Protect-the-Sei-Ou-at-all-cost!" defense program? Heck, just any good answer will do.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-30, 23:16   Link #287
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
man i miss starlight breaker i wana see what happens after nanoha hits that big ship with it.
Old 2007-08-31, 03:16   Link #288
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Can I ask that the posts here at least try and stay on topic.
Old 2007-08-31, 05:08   Link #289
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
man i miss starlight breaker i wana see what happens after nanoha hits that big ship with it.
The chances of Nanoha doing a Starlight breaker attack is...none.
And we all know by now what she's going to use once she rescues Vivio, even though she was promised not to use it...

but um, back on topic then I guess...I wonder how Regius will react once Zest reaches to his location...although Due is still somewhere in TSAB and she could be gunning down for Regius...maybe Zest will protect his old friend once more?...hhmm
Although Agito is a flame type unison device, I wonder what kind of possibilities will open up for Signum if she unisons with Agito. I mean even Zest suggested that she go with Signum after knocking Signum down.
Old 2007-08-31, 12:24   Link #290
Key Board
Carbon

I don't see any glaring problems with character development

unless you are referring to Erio and Caro

But, I tend to have much less expectations for support characters.

Yes, they are support characters

Perhaps season 4 will reverse the roles with them being the main characters and Subaru/Tea being supports, but for now they seem like tacked on characters from another storyline arc.
Old 2007-08-31, 12:27   Link #291
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

But, I tend to have much less expectations for support characters.

Yes, they are support characters this time.

I'm not even sure if they belong in this season. They seem like tacked on characters from another storyline arc.
Hmmm..yeah..maybe strikers would be better without them.They just seem suddenly........out of place.
Old 2007-08-31, 12:29   Link #292
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

However, I tend to have much less expectations for support characters.

Yes, they are. I'm not even sure if they belong in this season. They seem like tacked on characters from another storyline arc.
Well that's the problem isn't it? They are suppose to be main characters, but their lack of focus and contribution undermined their importance. If that isn't a 'glaring' problem, you're just not looking at it right.

And lets not forget about Hayate, who has so far been out of the development and interaction loop compared to the entire Stars team, despite being one of the three Aces.
Old 2007-08-31, 12:35   Link #293
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Hmmm..yeah..maybe strikers would be better without them.They just seem suddenly........out of place.
And what? Fill the extra time and space with even MORE NxF and Vivio ?

Yeah, that'll work.
Old 2007-08-31, 12:35   Link #294
Key Board
Carbon

that's the problem. I don't have the impression that they are main characters.

not this time, at least...

they seem to be similar to Carim and Verossa

they're part of another larger storyline that has yet to unfold, but won't this season

you know how certain video games add-on bonus character in the last minute as teasers for upcoming sequels? they feel like that
Old 2007-08-31, 12:38   Link #295
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
that's the problem. I don't have the impression that they are main characters.

not this time, at least...

they seem to be similar to Carim and Verossa

they're part of another larger storyline that has yet to unfold, but won't this season

you know how certain video games add-on bonus character as teasers for upcoming sequels? they feel like that
I guess... But unlike Carim/Acous, those two are officially labelled under the "Main Characters" section, the producers could at least put in the effort all around.
Old 2007-08-31, 12:43   Link #296
Key Board
Carbon

::checks official website::

hmm.... I don't have that impression that they are..

let's just take the recent OP for example: if I was someone totally ignorant of StrikerS and saw that OP I would pinpoint 2 main characters: Subaru and Nanoha
Old 2007-08-31, 14:05   Link #297
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
::checks official website::

hmm.... I don't have that impression that they are..

let's just take the recent OP for example: if I was someone totally ignorant of StrikerS and saw that OP I would pinpoint 2 main characters: Subaru and Nanoha
The mere fact that you don't have the idea that they are main characters should show how much they have failed in the character development departement. Main characters treated as suport characters? That should be a no-go from the start to finish.

I like Vivio, and I like the ocasional NXF (keyword, ocasional) but this is just screwing story in favor of fancervice. It's like the Mai Otome OVA all over again.
Old 2007-08-31, 22:16   Link #298
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
And what? Fill the extra time and space with even MORE NxF and Vivio ?

Yeah, that'll work.
Put in more development for Hayate and Chrono!
Old 2007-08-31, 22:49   Link #299
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
The mere fact that you don't have the idea that they are main characters should show how much they have failed in the character development departement. Main characters treated as suport characters? That should be a no-go from the start to finish.
::shrugs::

what rules who should be the main character and who should not?

Nanoha was the titular character in A's and yet she was treated as a support. You could argue that the first season was more about Fate

I have no problem with that method. There is a degree of priority in storytelling. It's impossible to make everyone equally important to the story

If this was Bleach then I think Erio and Caro would be allies like Ishida, Chad, ect. They have considerable crowd pleasing appeals. They'll do really neat things at time. They'll probably get their own bits of backstory, but don't any real importance to the overall plot until much later... maybe

Is Fate a main character or support, this time? How about Hayate? priorities change over time too.

Last edited by Key Board; 2007-08-31 at 23:19.
Old 2007-08-31, 23:34   Link #300
arkhangelsk

[QUOTE=Key Board;1125455what rules who should be the main character and who should not?[/quote]

Depends on whether you declare. If you had not really declared it, then anyone can be the main character. But most people declare and once you declare, people mark by whether you've actually lived up to your main characters are actually main characters.

Quote:
Nanoha was the titular character in A's and yet she was treated as a support. You could argue that the first season was more about Fate
Actually, Nanoha's position is an Axial-type main character around which all else wheels.

Quote:
I have no problem with that method. There is a degree of priority in storytelling. It's impossible to make everyone equally important to the story
Yes, but Vivio should be more important? Vivio?

Quote:
Is Fate a main character or support, this time? How about Hayate? priorities change over time too...
Hayate's shafted to being a nobody, and then character-assassinated for the sake of cheap plot.

Fate is a protagonist type main character.
Closed Thread