AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-09, 16:32   Link #6261
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Confirmed, this Broly is going to be a new version of him that will fit the canon quite nicely apparently.

http://www.dbmovie-20th.com/
COMMENTS FROM AKIRA TORIYAMA

Quote:
Everyone, are you familiar with Broly?

He's an incredibly strong Saiyan who only appeared in the old anime movies, and I apparently at least drew the designs for him, but I had practically no involvement with the anime at the time, so I had totally forgotten about the story content.

So, about Broly. I hear these days, he's still very popular not only in Japan, but also overseas. Based on that, my editor suggested we have Broly appear in this next movie.

I went ahead and watched the movies from back then, and I felt this could be quite interesting once I rearrange some things. I got right to work trying my hand at a story that incorporates him into the Dragon Ball Super series.

While keeping in mind Broly's classic image so as not to disappoint his fans, I updated him and added a new side to his character, and I think this has resulted in a more fascinating Broly.

Naturally you’ll get to see fierce combat, but also, the paths of destiny that lead to an encounter between Goku, Vegeta, and Broly. It also involves the Frieza Force and the history of the Saiyans, which end up having a major connection to everything. The story content turns out to be very large-scale and dramatic.

Here comes that almighty Saiyan, Broly! I'm also including lots of other content all you fans will enjoy, so look forward to it, and be patient a while longer for it all to come together!!
Old 2018-07-09, 18:59   Link #6262
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

"I apparently at least drew the designs for him"

Toriyama and his legendary memory

It was obvious the antagonist was going to be a legendary super saiyan, but I didn't think he would actually be a new version of Broly. First thing I hope Toriyama has done is take away his obsession with Goku, or at least provided a better reason for it.
Old 2018-07-09, 19:03   Link #6263
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
"I apparently at least drew the designs for him"

Toriyama and his legendary memory

It was obvious the antagonist was going to be a legendary super saiyan, but I didn't think he would actually be a new version of Broly. First thing I hope Toriyama has done is take away his obsession with Goku, or at least provided a better reason for it.
don't forget what make broly "epic" and made kale existence was his famous legendary line "SON...Goku"
Old 2018-07-09, 20:14   Link #6264
rpgman1

Another version of Broly? Hmm. Should be a meme like Team Four Star's version at least.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 21:22   Link #6265
justavisitor

poor Broly...

from the legendary super saiyan to "Hey, your transformation is so much like Kale!"
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 22:55   Link #6266
sayde

As someone who was always a fan of Broly, I'm pretty happy about this development. Because despite being a fan, his character did have things about him that I would've liked to be fixed--namely his irrelevance as a non-canon alternate universe character and his one dimensional personality. So I welcome the chance for Broly to finally become part of the canon while getting to see a new take on the character by Toriyama himself.

On a side note, I am curious to see if Toriyama and his editor have long term plans for this rebooted version of Broly. Are they going to introduce him in this movie just to have him get killed off by the end of the film? Or is he going to join the numerous other characters introduced in Super that have made the transition from antagonist to protagonist?

I'm also looking forward to any possible explanations as to where Broly has been all this time and how the existence of such a powerful Saiyan has gone unnoticed in U7. I realize there's an infinite number of possible explanations. I just want to know which one they're going to run with.

PS: I know it's a long shot, but this movie would be a instant win for me if the U6 Saiyans made an appearance and we got to see Broly vs Kale.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-09, 23:36   Link #6267
Sixth
Hu Tao

Great news. They should bring Cooler to the DBSverse too.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 01:33   Link #6268
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
That guy again? Is he as popular over there as Frieza? It can only be that...
Broly is stupid popular here.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 11:11   Link #6269
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
don't forget what make broly "epic" and made kale existence was his famous legendary line "SON...Goku"
I wouldn't say that. What people love about Broly is that he's this quiet guy who turns into an overwhelmingly strong murderous killing machine when he gets angry. What made him popular is how effortlessly and brutally he beat down the Z fighters. His background (minus the thing with Goku) is also quite interesting too.

By the way, a few weeks ago Toei announced they would screen three old remastered DBZ movies in theaters this fall: the first Broly movie, the Bardock movie, and Fusion Reborn.

This led to speculation they were related to the new movie coming out in December. Bardock was an obvious one, since we already knew the upcoming movie will tell us the backstory of the saiyans. Now we know about Broly. This leaves Fusion Reborn, which has led people to believe this movie will also make Gogeta canon.
Old 2018-07-10, 13:32   Link #6270
alex_drian

Quote:
I wouldn't say that. What people love about Broly is that he's this quiet guy who turns into an overwhelmingly strong murderous killing machine when he gets angry. What made him popular is how effortlessly and brutally he beat down the Z fighters. His background (minus the thing with Goku) is also quite interesting too.

By the way, a few weeks ago Toei announced they would screen three old remastered DBZ movies in theaters this fall: the first Broly movie, the Bardock movie, and Fusion Reborn.

This led to speculation they were related to the new movie coming out in December. Bardock was an obvious one, since we already knew the upcoming movie will tell us the backstory of the saiyans. Now we know about Broly. This leaves Fusion Reborn, which has led people to believe this movie will also make Gogeta canon.
At least they can bullshit with a power up for the fusion dance, Gogeta shouldn't be practical anymore.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 14:07   Link #6271
Dj0rel
True Believer

They are maknig another Broly movie? Poor poor Vic Mignogna.
Old 2018-07-10, 15:56   Link #6272
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

What's with Tori and Toei recycling villains over and over? First we had Tao Pai Pai, then the two Piccolos, then Frieza, then Majin Buu and in GT #17. And judging by Tori's comments, Broly will at least be one dimensional though.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 15:57   Link #6273
rladls2121

Now that I think about Broly, it reminds me of Hulk.
After all this time, just now I thought about this for the first time.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 16:21   Link #6274
RDNexus

Well then, I gotta thank you. Because even I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-10, 17:01   Link #6275
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Well then, I gotta thank you. Because even I hadn't thought of it until you mentioned it
wow, lol, I always saw him as the hulk of dragon verse, kale make it even more obvious toward her jelly toward anyone which try to get close to caulifla.
Old 2018-07-10, 17:34   Link #6276
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I never thought about Hulk until now either. Green is his color, too.

Anyway, given that they're aware of Broly's popularity, I wonder if they're going to have him stick around like Frieza. Creating a new version of him just to kill him off after one movie would be kind of a shame.
Old 2018-07-10, 19:21   Link #6277
Blueknight78

Quote:
I never thought about Hulk until now either. Green is his color, too.

Anyway, given that they're aware of Broly's popularity, I wonder if they're going to have him stick around like Frieza. Creating a new version of him just to kill him off after one movie would be kind of a shame.
well "death in dragon ball" never was really that a big issue, just see almost all the good guys and frieza which already died and are back, they can kill him and bring back whenever they want as they did with frieza.
Old 2018-07-11, 05:11   Link #6278
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
For a while, I thought the same way. Broly being sorta like Hulk. But now that I think about it a bit better, he's more like Doomsday. Having little to no personality beyond being overpowered and being popular because of it.
Old 2018-07-11, 06:55   Link #6279
Sixth
Hu Tao

What if Goku achieved the Super Saiyan Green in this movie? Will you guys riot?
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-11, 07:16   Link #6280
B214

Probably just asking when we'll get Super Saiyan Rainbow.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy