AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2018-07-19, 12:15   Link #121
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Once again, team humanity fucks up. Oh, well. It's like they say. Third time's the charm.

The relic is probably Ghidorah's scale or something. That Gerbetrium crystal or whatnot is probably something from Ghidorah too.
Ghidorah doesn't like humanity as a friend either. Lunch, yes.

Maybe humanity should wait for Mothra to become an adult.

Oh well...mIana has a chance now if Haruo survives the third movie.

Last edited by orion; 2018-07-19 at 14:01.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 16:16   Link #122
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not as good as the first movie, but I still enjoyed it. What can humans even do now, beside sitting down and watching the monsters duke it out?

And Yuko will be fine, right? I thought I saw her coughing right before Haruo hugged her in the after credit scene. The mothra powder or whatever can probably heal her if she's still alive.
Old 2018-07-19, 19:46   Link #123
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Not as good as the first movie, but I still enjoyed it. What can humans even do now, beside sitting down and watching the monsters duke it out?

And Yuko will be fine, right? I thought I saw her coughing right before Haruo hugged her in the after credit scene. The mothra powder or whatever can probably heal her if she's still alive.
They could live underground with the Houta. That's the only way to live on Earth if they can't kill Godzilla as Godzilla is in charge of evolution on the surface.

Yuko's quite dead imo. She cried a liquid metal tear. That metal was considered to be poisonous.
Old 2018-07-19, 19:51   Link #124
foxbox360
New Age Badass

something tells me Earth is going to get destroyed by the battle between kings or least be more inhabitable for the other races. I can see Harou dying in the end and realizing earth is no home to humans but monsters....
Old 2018-07-19, 19:57   Link #125
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
something tells me Earth is going to get destroyed by the battle between kings or least be more inhabitable for the other races. I can see Harou dying in the end and realizing earth is no home to humans but monsters....
The humans have to learn coexistence. They're still in their "domination of nature" mindset.

I hope Haruo isn't the one to summon Ghidorah. If it's in space, that means the colony spaceship will be the first thing destroyed if Ghidorah sees it imo.
Old 2018-07-19, 20:25   Link #126
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The humans have to learn coexistence. They're still in their "domination of nature" mindset.

I hope Haruo isn't the one to summon Ghidorah. If it's in space, that means the colony spaceship will be the first thing destroyed if Ghidorah sees it imo.
I guess coexistence with nature is always that opinion but Living side by side with Godzilla is going take getting use to or they can terraform mars.
Old 2018-07-20, 04:44   Link #127
wuhugm
Salted Tiger

Amazing movie that was

Spoiler:
wuhugm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 09:58   Link #128
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i haven't watched the whole thing yet, but the nanometer really reminds me of phyrexia from MTG..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-21, 13:49   Link #129
SidVicious
Anime addict

The other one: https://youtu.be/wVDtmouV9kM
Old 2018-07-26, 11:55   Link #130
Galaxian

Godzilla Earth seemed to have gone into Burning Godzilla mode in the movie. Maybe Metphis real plan is actually to make Godzilla even stronger and then call Ghidorah so that Godzilla can kill it and he could exact his revenge on it for destroying his home planet.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 12:06   Link #131
LG-MAX 2.o

Great movie, I loved it a lot, this second movie was the Bisulados arc, I love this interaction between the 3 races and I found the CGI used in Godzilla's final attack incredible.

The downside is that this second particular movie does not stand alone, you need to watch the first one, and of course, there is very little of Godzilla on the scene.

Now is the question of what will be the third film, if instead of the last two in which we had science fiction films, this third will be a simple kaiju movie with the fight between Monthra vs. Godzilla vs. Chidora or it will be something else.

Humans will perish, hard to believe otherwise.
LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-26, 14:43   Link #132
Akuma Kousaka
The iDOL(ove Live!)M@STER

Send a message via AIM to Akuma Kousaka
Somehow I just knew it was Ghidorah's name that was dropped. As for the film itself I barely noticed how dialog-heavy it was, a trait only shared with Shin Godzilla

Bravo
GANBARIMASU
Akuma Kousaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-28, 22:47   Link #133
Galaxian

I really liked how the Vultures moved, specially how the "flapped" their wings.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-29, 11:14   Link #134
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The vultures were indeed very nice mechs.
Old 2018-07-29, 20:47   Link #135
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally got a chance to watch this one. Yeah, Yuko very much dead. Well kind of made bothering to try and save her kind of pointless. I'd feel worse for her, but she basically set herself up for that kind of finish. The romance deathflags were one thing, but siding with people willing to turn themselves into metal for "logic" was never going to turn out well. Who would have guessed that these people would be willing to turn the pilots into metal against their will?

The Ghidorah name drop was easy enough to see coming. Wouldn't even be surprised if Metphis did lie to Haruto in order to make sure Godzilla didn't die here. Can't have it kill Ghidorah if they wipe it out too soon. Of course entirely possible he wanted that and was telling the truth about the nanometal basically swallowing up the planet if things weren't stopped here. Those people did seem like the types that would see the logical conclusion being everyone turning into metal.

Not sure where this leaves humanity really. Hard to really survive on Earth with a variety of creatures having evolved to mimic Godzilla and being incredibly hostile. Suppose they could copy the bug people. But not sure how different hiding on space ships is to hiding underground. They aren't really coexisting so much as laying low since their God (presumably Mothra) was killed by Godzilla so they are waiting for version 2.0 to be born.
Old 2018-07-31, 20:16   Link #136
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Finally got a chance to watch this one. Yeah, Yuko very much dead. Well kind of made bothering to try and save her kind of pointless. I'd feel worse for her, but she basically set herself up for that kind of finish. The romance deathflags were one thing, but siding with people willing to turn themselves into metal for "logic" was never going to turn out well. Who would have guessed that these people would be willing to turn the pilots into metal against their will?

The Ghidorah name drop was easy enough to see coming. Wouldn't even be surprised if Metphis did lie to Haruto in order to make sure Godzilla didn't die here. Can't have it kill Ghidorah if they wipe it out too soon. Of course entirely possible he wanted that and was telling the truth about the nanometal basically swallowing up the planet if things weren't stopped here. Those people did seem like the types that would see the logical conclusion being everyone turning into metal.

Not sure where this leaves humanity really. Hard to really survive on Earth with a variety of creatures having evolved to mimic Godzilla and being incredibly hostile. Suppose they could copy the bug people. But not sure how different hiding on space ships is to hiding underground. They aren't really coexisting so much as laying low since their God (presumably Mothra) was killed by Godzilla so they are waiting for version 2.0 to be born.
Yep, getting in the way of the mIana x Haruno ship was a huge death flag. mIana's treatment was prob what saved Haruno.

Well, hiding underground allowed them to hunt, develop a civilization and multiply as they are evolved to become Mothra's version of humanity. It's better than the spaceship.

So if Ghidorah wins, then what will Earth 3.0 look like? Will the new plants try to mimic the 3-headed god? Will Ghidorah make new humans with wings or let Mothra's people survive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
<snip>

Now is the question of what will be the third film, if instead of the last two in which we had science fiction films, this third will be a simple kaiju movie with the fight between Monthra vs. Godzilla vs. Chidora or it will be something else.

Humans will perish, hard to believe otherwise.
Well in a past film, it took the combined strength of Mothra, King Ghidorah and humans to incapacitate Godzilla enough to consider it a "win".

The next film could be the rematch if both fight Godzilla again.

Last edited by orion; 2018-07-31 at 20:27.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 21:12   Link #137
bakato

Ghidorah is called the planet eater.
Old 2018-08-01, 04:41   Link #138
LG-MAX 2.o

teaser trailer

LG-MAX 2.o is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 11:13   Link #139
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Ghidorah is called the planet eater.
Well, that doesn't sound very positive. Maybe Mothra will hatch in time to set things right.
Old 2018-08-01, 15:19   Link #140
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I wonder if Rodan will be in this one.