AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2007-06-24, 02:37   Link #981
Warrior00

I dont know if this was already discussed in the previous pages, but I was wondering in episode 12. Are they insinuating that Raki is going to become some type of powerful swordsman guy. An basically be able to fight "some" yoma at a certain grounds of equal strength or is he going to become some type of claymore

Spoiler for volume 12:
Warrior00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 02:39   Link #982
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

They didn't insinuate anything of the sort about Raki. All they insinuated is that Raki wants to be stronger for the sake of the woman he cares about.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 04:59   Link #983
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
They didn't insinuate anything of the sort about Raki. All they insinuated is that Raki wants to be stronger for the sake of the woman he cares about.
Let's hope he has an accident before then; like trips and falls on his own sword.
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 12:52   Link #984
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSide Hero View Post
Let's hope he has an accident before then; like trips and falls on his own sword.
Wow, I take it you don't like him?

One thing I've been wondering what the heck is with the pointy ears, some claymore have them and some don't. Why is that? If it's explained later than I don't want to know, but if it's not can someone explain it.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 12:55   Link #985
Valmont
Renegade.

Perhaps it's just a physical trait some take of Yoma?
Valmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-24, 18:54   Link #986
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valmont View Post
Perhaps it's just a physical trait some take of Yoma?
Perhaps, but I've never seen any Yoma that had pointy ears. It's just strange.
saravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-25, 09:16   Link #987
Child_of_Sierra

Really cool design for the awakened being in ep12, shame that she only appears for one episode and is hardly animated. Once again speed and tactics is given importance (Ophelia had surprise so she won against a superior enemy easily) hinting that power rankings no matter how vastly different between opponents are in no way indicative of somebody's invincibility in a fight.

It's what I like about this series. Even now if Clare meets Priscilla and she ended up careless like Teresa, a regular claymore(sword) can cut off her head. That's a fine thought for me cause it means that an end to a story is in sight. (meaning that I still don't get the dreaded vibes that the author is simply prolonging the story to milk the fans.)
Old 2007-06-25, 14:03   Link #988
The-Ghost
anime lurker

Omni is now going to strat bloging Claymore and will be replacing Dgrayman with it

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...ymore-edition/
Old 2007-06-25, 17:18   Link #989
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Ghost View Post
Omni is now going to strat bloging Claymore and will be replacing Dgrayman with it

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/2007...ymore-edition/
I am both at joy and at sorrow to hear those news. Omni was my number one source of information for D.Gray-man summaries, but his blog will now become my number one source of information for Claymore summaries.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-27, 23:22   Link #990
jyle_t

guys, have u thought of the idea of playing claymore the GAME?? i think it'd be so freaking awesome! the progress of the anime can pretty much become like an rpg game. plus u get to use teresa (infinite strength) for a while, hehe.
jyle_t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-29, 13:41   Link #991
Koenigg

Got a question for people that have read the manga. In the anime, they said that it all Claymores are women, yet in the Claymore wiki, there are male Awakeneds (is that even the right spelling?). How do males become Claymores?

*EDIT*

Answered my own question after watching episode 10.
Koenigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-30, 07:45   Link #992
silverstri

Btw i wonder why in the opening they show irene and ophelia? as if they will be playing an important role in clare's life? i understand if they show teresa but why including irene & ophelia?
Old 2007-06-30, 19:26   Link #993
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstri View Post
Btw i wonder why in the opening they show irene and ophelia? as if they will be playing an important role in clare's life? i understand if they show teresa but why including irene & ophelia?
Watch episode 13.
If you already have... well, sorry, but I can't hold your hand
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-01, 06:19   Link #994
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I'd say Ophelia's actions have a quite a bit of impact on Clare's life (splitting up with Raki, losing an arm, indirectly learn a new technique, and more) so it's not surprising she's shown in the opening. Same goes for Irene.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 15:55   Link #995
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

Out of curiousity, how did Claymore become really popular? It was mentioned earlier in this thread that each episode nets 25,000+ downloads within the first 24 hours, which is pretty amazing considering the relative amount of hype and discussion moe shows get. Is it because the manga was already insanely popular in Japan and the hype just carried over? It would make sense, but the numbers almost seem too high at this point in the anime's run (ep 14) for that justification alone.
Rotton the Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 16:10   Link #996
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton the Wizard View Post
Out of curiousity, how did Claymore become really popular? It was mentioned earlier in this thread that each episode nets 25,000+ downloads within the first 24 hours, which is pretty amazing considering the relative amount of hype and discussion moe shows get. Is it because the manga was already insanely popular in Japan and the hype just carried over? It would make sense, but the numbers almost seem too high at this point in the anime's run (ep 14) for that justification alone.
umm WATCH the anime lol. I never read the manga but the forum response was very positive so I gave it a shot. Once I finished episode 8 I was speechless.

What a freaking anime! And the good stuff is apparently still to come!
Varis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 16:16   Link #997
Rotton the Wizard
head slam magnet v. 2.0!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
umm WATCH the anime lol. I never read the manga but the forum response was very positive so I gave it a shot. Once I finished episode 8 I was speechless.

What a freaking anime! And the good stuff is apparently still to come!
Haha, obviously the anime is quite awesome but a lot of other great anime (imo) at the same time don't get nearly as much hype/downloads/attention/etc. I nearly missed out on Black Lagoon and stumbled upon it after both seasons were done because it was pretty much being overshadowed by other shows at the time.
Rotton the Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 16:39   Link #998
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Claymore had one really big advantage over Black Lagoon in the promotion department. The manga is being published in the US. This means fans of the manga were busy whispering in people's ears, "You need to watch this anime it is gonna be freakin' awesome!" (If you will allow me to have an exclamation point on a whisper.)

The manga did a lot to promote the show.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-04, 18:59   Link #999
DarkSide Hero
Hero From the Darkside

The manga has become very popular as well. My local comic shop has sold out of all volumes and so has their distributer.
The woman yelled over her shoulder to her husband watching a game to ask who she was voting for. He responded, "we're votin' for the n***er!" The woman turned back to the canvasser and said matter-of-factly, "we're voting for the n***er."

In this economy, racism is officially a luxury.
DarkSide Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-05, 01:09   Link #1000
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotton the Wizard View Post
each episode nets 25,000+ downloads within the first 24 hours, which is pretty amazing considering the relative amount of hype and discussion moe shows get.
What, you mean to insinuate that Claymore is devoid of moe? I present the yandere (Ophelia), the ojousama (Teresa), and the brash tomboy (Helen).
Yes, moe is everywhere
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote