AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-02-12, 18:02   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'll constantly be impressed by Suika's ability to roll around like a head without a body. Yeah, I suppose it would be tough for anyone to notice her when they are on the lookout for human beings .
Old 2021-02-18, 14:35   Link #42
grecefar

Great chapter, chrome was awesome and for one second I thought he was really sick.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-18, 23:43   Link #43
Psyco Diver

Yep good character development for Chrome this episode
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-18, 23:58   Link #44
Random14

Yeah, it was great seeing Chrome in the spotlight and using his accumulated science knowledge to escape. He's learnt a lot from Senku (and Gen too).

I think they expanded that flashback of Yo's from the manga (not sure), it kind of makes him look even worse than in the manga. Though it makes it even more satisfying seeing Chrome outwit him then.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-19, 02:33   Link #45
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Dang...that was a good episode. All Chrome. Very good development to show his talents after learning and being around Senku. For a moment I really thought he was sick. Good thing it was science after all.

Now..who slipped him the battery? Was it the archer?
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-19, 09:28   Link #46
grecefar

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Now..who slipped him the battery? Was it the archer?
Yeah I think it was him too, he already betrayed tsukasa by lying.
Old 2021-02-24, 22:48   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Yo...is quite the guy. What a shock he was having trouble in the old world. I kind of thought that flashback was building to him being outwitted by corruption. But, not really. He was just reckless, easily angered, and ambivalent about the lives of others.

Which makes him interesting in general as a fit for Tsukasa's world. He thinks things will be peaceful without technology, but a guy like this will cause trouble no matter the world. Also...he had a full time job as a cop. Where exactly is Tsukasa's cut-off point in terms of age? I thought he was killing all the adults and only bringing back young people that would fit into his vision of the world.

Again it was satisfying seeing Chrome win out. All the more so with this guy constantly calling him a primitive. For one...Yo is from the ancient civilization here. Secondly, he and his friends have devolved into cavemen. Even Chrome's basic science is more advanced than anything Tsukasa's Empire has going for it.
Old 2021-02-25, 17:33   Link #48
grecefar

I'm sad that their reunion was more emotive by phone than in person, but still a great chapter and ukyo is such a nice guy.

What a cliffhanger I can't wait for the next chapter ;A;
Old 2021-02-25, 18:38   Link #49
Jaden

Gen imitating the woman's voice was totally believable...but there's no way he would pass for an American
Old 2021-02-26, 03:55   Link #50
Random14

I love seeing that tank in animated form, especially with it leading the attack. Its been a long time but at last Senku reunites with his old friends (in person) but of course Senku isn't sentimental, and now they're going for the cave.

Though it is a bit annoying that Tsukasa knows Senku well enough to predict (some of) his strategies yet in a lot of other ways he's a poor judge of character. Such as how Ukyo figures out that Senku definitely didn't kill those guys earlier, yet Tsukasa doesn't question Hyoga at all. Well, Ukyo saw Yuzuriha's secret mission which influenced his opinion too, but oh well, it sets things up for the big battle now.

And glad they didn't bother with the Engrish too much, its almost always cringey hearing English in an anime.
Old 2021-02-26, 06:47   Link #51
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Gen imitating the woman's voice was totally believable...but there's no way he would pass for an American
It depends on how well his audience speaks English.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 17:49   Link #52
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
They should have all had some English classes and heard English entertainment. You do not need to speak a language to tell if someone is slaughtering it. After just one girlfriend with a Russian family I could pick out the native speakers from the others even without any Russian language experience .
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 05:07   Link #53
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
They should have all had some English classes and heard English entertainment. You do not need to speak a language to tell if someone is slaughtering it.
So have I, I even watch series in English. I still can't pick out accents unless they're really, really strong.

And even then I wouldn't necessarily bet "foreign" vs "some anglophone place where they speak kinda funny".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 01:00   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Full respect to Yuzuriha. She's spent all this time every night trying to piece together humanity one piece at a time. That takes incredible determination and effort. Plus she's effectively handling the remains of people that are dead if she doesn't accomplish her goal. Her efforts may have been in the background of this series, but they were absolutely vital to the goal of resolving this without letting Tsukasa steal away lives.

No wonder Ukyo was influenced after seeing something like that. Just label Yuzuriha as the Goddess of the new world . And honestly I get it from his point of view. He did what he could to keep things from spiraling into a civil war. He didn't want to let the statues get destroyed, but he didn't have the means to stop it either. At least not without starting up a conflict where people would die on both sides.

Certainly though now is the time to move. Things weren't going to work out regardless. Tsukasa may be brutal, but he's also pretty naive. One of his top 3 didn't agree with his actions and put up with it to avoid internal conflict. The other is a sociopath that would kill his own allies and forget their names just as quickly (although I suppose he never bothered to remember in the first place). That kind of power structure was never going to be stable enough. Tsukasa would be just another powerful figure that would either be betrayed at some point or have his empire collapse after he passed away anyways.
Old 2021-03-02, 15:34   Link #55
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Great episode, but like others said, the English really killed it. Like, what Southern accent was there? I didn't hear it, and for them to comment on it when the VA's English is soooo bad is just blasphemy.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-04, 23:08   Link #56
Random14

Its always awkward when they animate one of these supposedly 20-second battles, but oh well, it was fun to see everybody charge together. Things go wrong after that but still cool to see up to that point. Of course they just had to end the episode on that cliffhanger.

The worse part was probably all the speeches from everybody at the end, it dragged on a bit. At least that's over with and now its back to the best part of the series, Senku and science.
Old 2021-03-05, 12:19   Link #57
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
I love seeing that tank in animated form, especially with it leading the attack. Its been a long time but at last Senku reunites with his old friends (in person) but of course Senku isn't sentimental, and now they're going for the cave.

Though it is a bit annoying that Tsukasa knows Senku well enough to predict (some of) his strategies yet in a lot of other ways he's a poor judge of character. Such as how Ukyo figures out that Senku definitely didn't kill those guys earlier, yet Tsukasa doesn't question Hyoga at all. Well, Ukyo saw Yuzuriha's secret mission which influenced his opinion too, but oh well, it sets things up for the big battle now.

And glad they didn't bother with the Engrish too much, its almost always cringey hearing English in an anime.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
They should have all had some English classes and heard English entertainment. You do not need to speak a language to tell if someone is slaughtering it. After just one girlfriend with a Russian family I could pick out the native speakers from the others even without any Russian language experience .
Quote:
So have I, I even watch series in English. I still can't pick out accents unless they're really, really strong.

And even then I wouldn't necessarily bet "foreign" vs "some anglophone place where they speak kinda funny".
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
Great episode, but like others said, the English really killed it. Like, what Southern accent was there? I didn't hear it, and for them to comment on it when the VA's English is soooo bad is just blasphemy.

Seemed appropriate to bring up.
Old 2021-03-05, 23:22   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I know it was trying to be science-y, but that most certainly was not 20 seconds.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-11, 20:25   Link #59
grecefar

Pretty cliche chapter ending in "happy" note, oh well it was still amazing senku creating nitroglycerin.

Still you gotta love senku scummy side lol.
Old 2021-03-12, 08:18   Link #60
Random14

I know Senku's creations advance fast, but that's a big jump, going from gunpowder to dynamite. And ironically it involves soap (before this series I had no idea about that).

It was great seeing Gen and Chrome contribute to Senku's war ending gambit. Looks like the anime expanded a bit on Tsukasa's background (like that scene with a drunk parent). So now the war's over with a truce. Nice to see Senku had another card to play other than just capturing the miracle water cave.

Tags
post apocalyptic, shonen