AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-30, 11:38   Link #7121
ImperialFlameGod8190

Until the volume comes i'm not gonna make too much of a fuss there's a lot thats gonna have to happen
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 05:21   Link #7122
Kreceir

this might seem like rude but, what does ''TLC'' means on volume 8?
every chapter name has an ''TLC'' does it mean that it isn't finished yet? or not fully translated?
Really want to read the LN after I found it has 13 volumes with all blue links.

I've seen the Anime, and some comments saying that the LN has more information / better.
Old 2014-10-02, 07:28   Link #7123
Nagakun
The One who Peek

Anime do not include side daily slice of life or the thought of each characters, which is important and they give more information and insight on story. That is why LN is more info than anime.
Old 2014-10-02, 08:15   Link #7124
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreceir View Post
every chapter name has an ''TLC'' does it mean that it isn't finished yet? or not fully translated?

I've seen the Anime, and some comments saying that the LN has more information / better.
I believe it means that they are planning to touch it up a little here and there. correcting some sentence structure or things that could be phrased a little better. The issues don't seem to be on a very noticeable scale. I read the whole thing and enjoyed every volume. So I don't think you will miss anything if you decide to read them now.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 08:17   Link #7125
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:

TLC means Translation Check. Basically, someone to check over the initial translation to make sure it's all correct. Then an editor makes sure everything flows smoothly in whatever language the translation is, as well as look for typos and stuff.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 08:18   Link #7126
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
I believe it means that they are planning to touch it up a little here and there. correcting some sentence structure or things that could be phrased a little better. The issues don't seem to be on a very noticeable scale. I read the whole thing and enjoyed every volume. So I don't think you will miss anything if you decide to read them now.
that sounds promising!
Well, time to read the LN now
Old 2014-10-02, 08:20   Link #7127
Kreceir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
TLC means Translation Check. Basically, someone to check over the initial translation to make sure it's all correct. Then an editor makes sure everything flows smoothly in whatever language the translation is, as well as look for typos and stuff.
ah oke, even though it says TLC, I assume I can just read it as it is.
and I can always re-read it
Old 2014-10-02, 09:12   Link #7128
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
ah oke, even though it says TLC, I assume I can just read it as it is.
and I can always re-read it
yes you can read it as it is right now the translation is decent so no worries
Old 2014-10-02, 10:14   Link #7129
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
yes you can read it as it is right now the translation is decent so no worries
Heh not sure what that's from but every time I see your avatar it makes me read everything you've written in a haughty tone... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Old 2014-10-02, 19:18   Link #7130
delacroix01
Whatever

Quote:
Heh not sure what that's from but every time I see your avatar it makes me read everything you've written in a haughty tone... not that there's anything wrong with that.
Sounds like you haven't watched LL
delacroix01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 19:35   Link #7131
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by delacroix01 View Post
Sounds like you haven't watched LL
LL ? Love Lab? Love Live? I've only seen Love Lab but I guess that isn't what you are referring too.

Edit: hmm is she Nishikino Maki from Love Live I guess?

Old 2014-10-02, 19:40   Link #7132
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
LL ? Love Lab? Love Live? I've only seen Love Lab but I guess that isn't what you are referring too.

Edit: hmm is she Nishikino Maki from Love Live I guess?
yeah she is
Old 2014-10-02, 20:27   Link #7133
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami no Ou View Post
yeah she is
Sweet i'll check it out.

Well I guess I'll add something to the discussion. I've been thinking for a little while now and I think Kamito has a really good relationship with Est now. I think it would make for an enjoyable arc or a painful one if Kamito gets Restia back in this coming arc but Est gets taken from him forcibly by another demon king or by one someone who surely doesn't deserve her. Then Kamito and Restia can go chase Est much like how Kamito and Est have been chasing Restia. It'd be sad for me but I think I can survive if the story is done well.

Old 2014-10-02, 20:32   Link #7134
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagakun View Post
now we can only wait for the next volumes, and I also hope restia able to get back normal too =x=||
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
Etto..... Kamito's body does not reject healing, what it rejects is the Holy attribute. Fiana's healing is of Holy attribute, that's why. Healing from any other attribute will not be rejected by his body.

It's not that Kamito is unable to use more spirits, he just doesn't need them, and the fact that Est will not permit it.
Fianna's friend, the current fire queen, once healed him. It wasn't a fast process as well. Not sure if your theory holds in that case.

Also, it's fair to say he's unable to use more spirits. He can't call upon all of Est's power and dual wielding Restia and Est drains him. How do you think he would hold 72 demons in check if he can't even dual wield two high level spirits without being drained?

Quote:
now we can only wait for the next volumes, and I also hope restia able to get back normal too =x=||
Quote:
The previous 'devil king' got 72 pillar, which mean he got 72 spirit under him, but so far Kamito has is 2 sword spirit on his side; Restia and Est.

I just guessing that once his power is awaken, he able to control more?
Not likely. He barely manages to dual wield Restia and Est. Both are high level spirits. 72 demons would be tough for him.

Not to mention he has his hands full with a childish Est and an overly jealous "hard to get" Restia (It would be mkre appropriate to liken est to a dog and restia to a cat. Not trying to insult them, I just meant it in terms of overal demeanor)

Quote:
Quote:
Lol, everytime I see his/her avatar I feel like hugging/teasing him/her.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 20:49   Link #7135
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
Fianna's friend, the current fire queen, once healed him. It wasn't a fast process as well. Not sure if your theory holds in that case.
Reicha did not heal Kamito, what she did was remove a cursed armament seal. It's completely different.

Quote:
Also, it's fair to say he's unable to use more spirits. He can't call upon all of Est's power and dual wielding Restia and Est drains him. How do you think he would hold 72 demons in check if he can't even dual wield two high level spirits without being drained?
All of those 72 spirits are garbage if you compare them to Est, and Restia is the strongest spirit of the Darkness attribute. I'm not saying that Kamito could control 72 spirits as the way he is now, Solomon could only do that after awakening as the Demon King, but a few more (like 1 or 2) I think is possible.

Well, I don't really want him to have more spirits anyway, having Restia and Est is enough.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 21:45   Link #7136
Yami no Ou
まおう

Quote:
Sweet i'll check it out.

Well I guess I'll add something to the discussion. I've been thinking for a little while now and I think Kamito has a really good relationship with Est now. I think it would make for an enjoyable arc or a painful one if Kamito gets Restia back in this coming arc but Est gets taken from him forcibly by another demon king or by one someone who surely doesn't deserve her. Then Kamito and Restia can go chase Est much like how Kamito and Est have been chasing Restia. It'd be sad for me but I think I can survive if the story is done well.
that would make a good arc although as you have said it would be tough for Kamito since after he gets Restia he loses Est
Old 2014-10-02, 22:28   Link #7137
Amanomurakumo

Quote:

Not likely. He barely manages to dual wield Restia and Est. Both are high level spirits. 72 demons would be tough for him.

Not to mention he has his hands full with a childish Est and an overly jealous "hard to get" Restia (It would be mkre appropriate to liken est to a dog and restia to a cat. Not trying to insult them, I just meant it in terms of overal demeanor)

Lol, everytime I see his/her avatar I feel like hugging/teasing him/her.
Kamito could not wield 72 spirits, but the Demon King can.
The Demon King is Kamito's alter ego, under the corrupted influence of Ren Ashdoll, the Darkness Elemental Lord's power. Unless Kamito draws on that power at the risk of losing his self in the process, he won't be able to control the Demon King's 72 Spirits.
Amanomurakumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-02, 22:43   Link #7138
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanomurakumo View Post
Kamito could not wield 72 spirits, but the Demon King can.
The Demon King is Kamito's alter ego, under the corrupted influence of Ren Ashdoll, the Darkness Elemental Lord's power. Unless Kamito draws on that power at the risk of losing his self in the process, he won't be able to control the Demon King's 72 Spirits.
I won't be surprised if the girls' spirits are now tolerant of him other than their contractors (Rinslet's wolf walking alongside Kamito would be majestic and Scarlet may occasionally snuggle up to him) to reinforce the "fact" he's the demon king that savors women.

but that aside, Kamito can legitimately contract additional spirits aside from Est and Restia since Rubia forced him to awaken of sorts tho.
Old 2014-10-02, 23:55   Link #7139
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Wasn't Restia the strongest of Solomon's 72 spirits? If that's the case then it's no wonder that he's getting drained so easily. He's basically dual wielding the two spirits that can be considered the strongest during Solomon's rule. Even if Est isn't at full power that's basically the equivalent of using two level 50+ spells at level 1.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-03, 01:27   Link #7140
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonKing0117 View Post
Wasn't Restia the strongest of Solomon's 72 spirits? If that's the case then it's no wonder that he's getting drained so easily. He's basically dual wielding the two spirits that can be considered the strongest during Solomon's rule. Even if Est isn't at full power that's basically the equivalent of using two level 50+ spells at level 1.
No, Restia was never a contracted spirit of Solomon. Kamito is the first Demon King in history to meet Restia.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap