AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-03-26, 11:44   Link #5241
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I guarantee that if he did do something like that and kill Kenpachi in under 3 seconds after the battle started you'll all scream about it even louder.
Of course, because then I'd be wondering why the hell this guy isn't in charge. Or if he doesn't want to be, why the hell he doesn't just imagine whatever Bach wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Going by what you people believe, it's been 'ruined' for ages now, right? What exactly is the point of complaining about it every week?

Personally, if something I like stopped being to my taste, I might complain for a while, but after a while I'd just stop bothering and move on.
Speaking for myself, I call it one of those, "It's so bad, its good." things. You could also call it, "Titanic" started big and amazing, but its hit quite a few icebergs.
Old 2014-03-26, 11:59   Link #5242
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SF-A2 Miki View Post
It CAN'T balanced, that's the ridiculous part. This guy showed the full extent of his ability by literally erasing someone's existence. Instead of simply doing that with Yachiru or Kenpachi he's messing around spawning water and biscuits.

The most dangerous character to ever exist in Bleach is likely going to die with nothing but a team-kill under his belt.
Bit of a counterpoint to this actually: the guy he "erased from existence" was an artificial person he brought *into* existence. So him being able to erase the guy is kind of within his domain.

Being able to do something like that to others has not been shown. You could say its been implied because no limits have been really established for his imagination power, but then again, he's a god-complex villain so of course he's not going to act like he has limitations.

This chapter just showed us one of those limitations; his amount of focus on Kenpachi apparently caused Yachiru's condition to reverse. So his imagined things weaken or sometimes reverse entirely under certain conditions.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 12:09   Link #5243
Wandering Soul

Once again chapter where barely anything happens. I hope Kishi has someone to balance this guys ability or else him losing is just going to be ridiculous. I'm not holding my breath though.
Old 2014-03-26, 13:41   Link #5244
Velvetj

I'm questioning that guy's power. I'm not sure of how great of an effect on reality he has on an opponent with just his imagination. When Yachiru succumbed to "cookie bones", he may have started with her arm, but with the way he was talking to Yachiru, it's like he needs her to believe the effect to come true. So he may have some influence, but he gives his opponents the suggestion ("you just imagined...", "you imagined this, too, am I right?") which causes them to believe also.

With that basis, I'm thinking the Kenpachi fighting is a product of Yachiru's imagination. Whenever she was in trouble, Kenpachi was there to save her. To her, Kenpachi is invincible. From today's chapter, I kinda feel Kenpachi's subordinates questioning why they didn't notice Kenpachi's reiatsu until then, Kenpachi just brushing off the guy's abilities, and Yachiru just sitting there staring as further support that it's Yachiru's imagination of the invincible Kenpachi becoming reality. Even that last statement, "that you can't even give Yachiru a second thought", gives me the feeling that the guy is a fool for not focusing on Yachiru.
Velvetj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 14:18   Link #5245
ChampDream
Alive

that quincy talk too much, his ability is a waste on him.
Old 2014-03-26, 14:26   Link #5246
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvetj View Post
I'm questioning that guy's power. I'm not sure of how great of an effect on reality he has on an opponent with just his imagination. When Yachiru succumbed to "cookie bones", he may have started with her arm, but with the way he was talking to Yachiru, it's like he needs her to believe the effect to come true. So he may have some influence, but he gives his opponents the suggestion ("you just imagined...", "you imagined this, too, am I right?") which causes them to believe also.

With that basis, I'm thinking the Kenpachi fighting is a product of Yachiru's imagination. Whenever she was in trouble, Kenpachi was there to save her. To her, Kenpachi is invincible. From today's chapter, I kinda feel Kenpachi's subordinates questioning why they didn't notice Kenpachi's reiatsu until then, Kenpachi just brushing off the guy's abilities, and Yachiru just sitting there staring as further support that it's Yachiru's imagination of the invincible Kenpachi becoming reality. Even that last statement, "that you can't even give Yachiru a second thought", gives me the feeling that the guy is a fool for not focusing on Yachiru.
Now I feel like an idiot -__-

If this is the case then, good job Kubo. We'll see next week.
Old 2014-03-26, 14:30   Link #5247
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Quote:

Touche! That has to be it!
Old 2014-03-26, 15:42   Link #5248
sayde

*sighs*
The one time we get to see Yachiru fight, and it had to be against an opponent like this. Awesome.
Quote:
I'm thinking the Kenpachi fighting is a product of Yachiru's imagination. Whenever she was in trouble, Kenpachi was there to save her. To her, Kenpachi is invincible. From today's chapter, I kinda feel Kenpachi's subordinates questioning why they didn't notice Kenpachi's reiatsu until then, Kenpachi just brushing off the guy's abilities, and Yachiru just sitting there staring as further support that it's Yachiru's imagination of the invincible Kenpachi becoming reality. Even that last statement, "that you can't even give Yachiru a second thought", gives me the feeling that the guy is a fool for not focusing on Yachiru.
You know what? I really like this idea A LOT. And what's more is that, I'm kind of starting to believe it if only because of the one odd line towards the beginning of the chapter where Kenpachi asked him "can you heal yourself"? To which his opponent stated "Can I? Maybe I can? Because you say it is healed... it probably is healed".

So if Kenpachi was literally an invincible manifestation brought about by Yachiru's imagination and this ability relies on the target having to buy into the fantasy, it would actually start to give somewhat of a plausible basis for why Zaraki could ignore virtually everything this guy can come up with. It would also serve the added benefits of allowing Zaraki's actual post-training battle be against someone worthwhile to the plot--someone who didn't come out of nowhere and whose actually been hyped up a little bit while officially re-opening the possibility of Unohana still being alive.

I like it. Perhaps the only downside to this comes from how horribly disappointed I'll be if this isn't what Kubo decides to do.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 15:58   Link #5249
Altes
Banned

Quote:

If Kenpachi isn't real, this fight is pointless. Two whole chapters of a new villain fighting a creation of his own imagination? And there will be more. If that is indeed what Kubo is doing, this is the most tasteless way to waste his time, effort, paper and ink.

In the previous chapter, Kenpachi made it clear that he has finally earned the right to bear his name. Why give such important character development to an illusion, when the one who needs it is the real deal? No way Kenpachi is a fantasy.
Altes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 16:29   Link #5250
swerv
Stay Up

It's taken a while to read something that gets me to post but I really hope this Kenpachi fight will be awesome, started reading manga with Bleach music in the background again

edit: damn, reading back a few pages seems like some people are slating this manga now. Still top of my reading list each week, even if there are 'better' manga around.
Old 2014-03-26, 17:46   Link #5251
legopanda

I dont get it, someone with this type of power can instant KO anyone he wants.. how about really imagining kenpachi's belly cut open and his guts falling out followed by his head rolling off... or even spikes exploding from inside his body...... inb4 being Kenpachi, probably some BS excuse that his reiatsu is so power it nullifies the boy's power..

Last edited by legopanda; 2014-03-26 at 17:59. Reason: spelling
legopanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 19:13   Link #5252
Vajra
So Like A Rose

Jesus this guy is even more OP than Aizen, why doesn't he just use that *imagination* of his and kill Ywach and become king of the sternshitters?
Vajra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 20:06   Link #5253
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Impressive idea, Velvetj.

I'd laugh if this guy ends up being killed by his own imagination.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 20:49   Link #5254
CBredbeard
Banned

I seriously hope it's not the real Kenpachi. It'd be really sweet for Yachiru to have that kind of dream and from that finding the strength and independence to wreck that guy's shit personally.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-26, 22:34   Link #5255
Wandering Soul

Quote:

Good idea. Kubo did trick quite of a few of us into believing Byakuya was going to fight Rukia's battle for her so he could be doing similar with Yachiru.
Old 2014-03-26, 23:50   Link #5256
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

that would be a good idea, and that would be a fair fight, and what makes it more awesome we see yachiru in battle
Old 2014-03-27, 01:53   Link #5257
saravis

Quote:

Interesting, I was also wondering if the power of imagination might require the opponent to do the imagining rather than just V doing it. However, it raises one question, how was V able to use his power on the unconscious captains?
Old 2014-03-27, 12:33   Link #5258
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
Interesting, I was also wondering if the power of imagination might require the opponent to do the imagining rather than just V doing it. However, it raises one question, how was V able to use his power on the unconscious captains?
Well, if the theory that he needs his opponents to do most of the imagining work for him is true, it could be that he killed them via implanting the idea in Unohana's Lt's mind.

Remember he said he killed them, and then she ran up to check and was like "no way, they really are dead!"

It might have been at that moment that the fear of imagining that what he said was true...actually made it true.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 13:07   Link #5259
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

So this current fight is Yachiru's imagination...?
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 23:36   Link #5260
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Well, if the theory that he needs his opponents to do most of the imagining work for him is true, it could be that he killed them via implanting the idea in Unohana's Lt's mind.

Remember he said he killed them, and then she ran up to check and was like "no way, they really are dead!"

It might have been at that moment that the fear of imagining that what he said was true...actually made it true.
So does that mean that even if Ken isn't actually there, if anyone imagines him at risk of dying, then the real Ken dies? This is making the power absurd all over again. If the imagination power can use anyone's imagination to affect anyone, then couldn't this guy just have himself a companion to imagine whatever he wants?
"Minion, imagine this guy dead."
"Yes sir!"
*Guy dies*

Tags
bleach, chapter