AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-05-03, 21:10   Link #4041
NeoAnkara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
We're going with "Invaders of the Rokujouma!?" which is a compromise between translating and keeping the google SEO for the title.

What a "rokujouma" is, is explained in the first 20 pages after all, so hopefully the japanese in the title won't turn people off.
I don't think "Invaders of the 6 tatami room" would fare much better.
Any help for someone who want to subscribe but don't have credit card?
Old 2017-05-03, 21:24   Link #4042
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoAnkara View Post
Any help for someone who want to subscribe but don't have credit card?
Try getting a rechargeable debit card. Those work as long as they're visa or mastercard...
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-03, 22:44   Link #4043
Hamazura_Shiage

I'm sorry I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of topics. So J-Novel is a kind of spotify/netflix in whitch you pay monthly to read their content? Or how does it work? Do I need to buy volumes individuallu? Sorry if this is offtopic but I'm really interested, I totally love the idea of supporting Takehaya by officially paying his product.
Old 2017-05-04, 00:38   Link #4044
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

Does this means that we cannot read the new translation in Baka-Tsuki anymore?
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 01:14   Link #4045
MPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamazura_Shiage View Post
I'm sorry I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of topics. So J-Novel is a kind of spotify/netflix in whitch you pay monthly to read their content? Or how does it work? Do I need to buy volumes individuallu? Sorry if this is offtopic but I'm really interested, I totally love the idea of supporting Takehaya by officially paying his product.
You can either pay for membership and get access to read everything before it's completely finalised as pre-pubs (there's also premium membership which gets you a credit for a premium ebook (high res illustrations and bonus content) each month, and you get ~full access to the forums, so you can ask the translators, editors etc things)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
Does this means that we cannot read the new translation in Baka-Tsuki anymore?
Yes, volumes 1-22 will be free to read on j-novel club, 23 onwards will require membership to read the pre-pub parts (there's a 1 week free trial atm) and after each ebook is published, you'll have to buy it on whichever digital distribution that you both use. (Amazon, Kobo, Bookwalker, Premium direct from them, they're also negotiating to get on to google play)
MPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 01:57   Link #4046
haseo0408

Now that I think about it, there are already 25 volumes of this series, how close do you think think the story is to ending?.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 01:58   Link #4047
MPT

About one more arc for the main story, so 3-4 volumes, plus however much of Hercules is published in the main series.
MPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 03:22   Link #4048
NeoAnkara

Reminder that the total of volume translated is 25 since there are vol 7.5, 8.5. & Shunkashuutou which are translated by MPT.

Also the status of translation in BT is still active and not changed to licenced yet.
Old 2017-05-04, 03:32   Link #4049
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Reminder that the total of volume translated is 25 since there are vol 7.5, 8.5. & Shunkashuutou which are translated by MPT.

Also the status of translation in BT is still active and not changed to licenced yet.
So far they do the same what they did with Arifureta. They just deleted that one volumes, which are published by J-novel atm.
But this is a good chance to give some money to the author and ppl that work on this project, so why not support them by buying a epub ?
I know that a lot of ppl think that free is good, but still, people like author or translators need to live from something too.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 06:59   Link #4050
NeoAnkara

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
So far they do the same what they did with Arifureta. They just deleted that one volumes, which are published by J-novel atm.
But this is a good chance to give some money to the author and ppl that work on this project, so why not support them by buying a epub ?
I know that a lot of ppl think that free is good, but still, people like author or translators need to live from something too.
For me it's not that I don't want to but more along the line I can't even if I really want to. Why did every transaction online need credit card anyway? I've searching for several alternative method for paying but I don't understand any of it at all.
Old 2017-05-04, 07:09   Link #4051
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
For me it's not that I don't want to but more along the line I can't even if I really want to. Why did every transaction online need credit card anyway? I've searching for several alternative method for paying but I don't understand any of it at all.
Just first sentence has been for you, the rest of my post has been in general meaning, sorry if it looks that all is directed at you.
Old 2017-05-04, 07:21   Link #4052
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

The only problem I have is I am concern about the prices are in dollars and I live in the UK which uses pounds so I don't know if can pay.
Old 2017-05-04, 07:25   Link #4053
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
The only problem I have is I am concern about the prices are in dollars and I live in the UK which uses pounds so I don't know if can pay.
Well, I live in Slovakia and we use Euro. I can pay it without problem, because bank uses conversion when you pay it. Well, at least my bank never had a problem, even when I pay Dollars, Yen or whatever. (I think that every bank does it like this)
Old 2017-05-04, 07:39   Link #4054
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Well, I live in Slovakia and we use Euro. I can pay it without problem, because bank uses conversion when you pay it. Well, at least my bank never had a problem, even when I pay Dollars, Yen or whatever. (I think that every bank does it like this)
Thanks for answering. I already made an account and read the free part of Volume 23 (which was enjoyable). The real problem now is regular membership or premium membership?
Old 2017-05-04, 08:24   Link #4055
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Thanks for answering. I already made an account and read the free part of Volume 23 (which was enjoyable). The real problem now is regular membership or premium membership?
Well, I go for premium cuz of 1 free credit monthly, that you can use to buy their books.
Old 2017-05-04, 09:25   Link #4056
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Well, I go for premium cuz of 1 free credit monthly, that you can use to buy their books.
Yeah, got that done paying less than £10 each month for light novels e-books seems pretty nice but I always enjoyed having physical copies that being said I have 10 physical copies on backlog to read.
Old 2017-05-04, 09:42   Link #4057
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Yeah, got that done paying less than £10 each month for light novels e-books seems pretty nice but I always enjoyed having physical copies that being said I have 10 physical copies on backlog to read.
Well, Seven Seas is printing Grimgar and Occultic nine for them, so I guess it is just matter of time till they will print Rokujouma.
Old 2017-05-04, 10:21   Link #4058
NeoAnkara

Oh yeah this is the conversation that we have roughly 7 month ago about the possibility of license and such.

https://forums.animesuki.com/showthr...novel&page=174

I'm glad that J-Novel owner hear what we say.
Old 2017-05-04, 11:05   Link #4059
jasper222

It was a good run guys...
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-04, 19:41   Link #4060
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

So we​ won't get translation of vol 23 to 25??

Tags
aliens, comedy, fantasy, harem, harmonious relationship, knights, magical girls, romance, shounen, time travel