AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-10-08, 19:21   Link #2961
RDNexus

If such a thing didn't come to pass, due to backstage reasons, you can sure bet it won't happen anytime soon...unfortunately, I guess
RDNexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 07:27   Link #2962
magnuskn

Yeah, I think about everybody wants that Vogelchevalier anime.

To be honest, I'd love it if Selesia still were the MC, although apparently it was Charon all along.
Old 2017-10-09, 08:31   Link #2963
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
To be honest, I'd love it if Selesia still were the MC, although apparently it was Charon all along.
Yeah. I think Selesia is supposed to be the Asuna here.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 09:46   Link #2964
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
It has to be Charon, because he is the pov character for the audience, after all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
Yeah. I think Selesia is supposed to be the Asuna here.
Funny, I always thought Selesia is the slightly toned-down version of Asuka from Evangelion. Asuna otoh, is actually rather mild.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 11:38   Link #2965
outlaw97

Via moetron, latest Newtype scan
Spoiler:

Selesia with coffee...
outlaw97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 11:48   Link #2966
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by outlaw97 View Post
Selesia with coffee...
She is alive dammit. Rejoice!

Picture looks like big hint for second season, with all the ambiguously placed messages and stuff...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2017-10-09 at 13:19.
Old 2017-10-09, 13:20   Link #2967
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Like everyone here, I'm all for a Vogel Chevalier anime.

As for Aliceteria and Mamika... I'm not that interested in their individual universes, but I'd like to see how the crossover turns out.

Last edited by Anh_Minh; 2017-10-12 at 12:06.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 14:00   Link #2968
magnuskn

Well, that newtype scan makes Meteora/Souta almost a reality. Thanks, outlaw97.
Old 2017-10-12, 12:04   Link #2969
Schpittfeuer

Sorry to ask here

Does this forum have its shoujo shuumatsu ryokou thread?
Schpittfeuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-12, 13:50   Link #2970
4th Dimension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schpittfeuer View Post
Sorry to ask here

Does this forum have its shoujo shuumatsu ryokou thread?
This? https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=6103954

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 17:35   Link #2971
magnuskn

There is a search function, you know. I'm not even sure how you got into this thread, given that it is in the old threads section by now. ^^
Old 2017-10-13, 17:53   Link #2972
RDNexus

@Schpittfeuer may have used the search function, but since the title uses those specific characters, it may have gone nowhere.

EDIT: Yep, the way @Schpittfeuer wrote the title would lead him/her nowhere, hence having gone around asking.
But yeah, no idea how he/she managed to end up here
RDNexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 14:40   Link #2973
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Re:Creators. Middle Thoughts

This year has been dull for me since for seven consecutive months I stopped watching episodes for most of the shows I started this year.

Last time I watched Re:Creators I was done with episode twelve.

Log Thirteen. "An Unpredictable Story that no one Knows where It's Leading to"

Recap can be sometimes good, as long as comments and feedback shed new pieces that the audience might have missed the first time around. Nevertheless, I felt glad Meteora was in charge of the recap, because she's a nuanced and interesting character whose comments add a new layer of insight into the mechanics of both the story and the characters, though I'm awared that her attempts at pulling out jokes fall flat.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-15, 19:35   Link #2974
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I felt glad Meteora was in charge of the recap, because she's a nuanced and interesting character whose comments add a new layer of insight into the mechanics of both the story and the characters
LOL!

She has to do that episode, its her job!

- Tak

Old 2017-10-16, 22:11   Link #2975
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Log Fourteen. I Feel Painful and so Useless that I Want to Cry but It's Fun Anyways

For a change of pace, the authors took the spotlight in this episode making the needed settings and preparations for the upcoming Elimination Chamber Festival.

Just leave it to the government lady in case they're short on staff like producers and screenwriters, since no one should underestimate projects sponsored by the government.

But, jokes aside, it's great to witness each of author's conflicting worldviews and takes on the story, because as a viewer I can experience a good deal and taste of their nuances and quirks. Besides, arguing can offer feedback on which ideas from a diverse pool of different brainstorming sessions can contribute to strengthen the crossover story.

Authors are just as competitive like scientists, but only authors know the wreck of leading lives around delivering timely deadlines and the stress that comes from that.

BTW, ending the episode we return with creations casually meeting up with I guess one of their kind from another story; damn those magnetic fluctuations.
Old 2017-10-18, 00:34   Link #2976
Schpittfeuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
@Schpittfeuer may have used the search function, but since the title uses those specific characters, it may have gone nowhere.

EDIT: Yep, the way @Schpittfeuer wrote the title would lead him/her nowhere, hence having gone around asking.
But yeah, no idea how he/she managed to end up here
1st thread in my CP that I was able to choose
Schpittfeuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-18, 10:03   Link #2977
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Authors are just as competitive like scientists, but only authors know the wreck of leading lives around delivering timely deadlines and the stress that comes from that.
The one author that gets me every-time is Yatoji.

The world is being destroyed, the sky is falling, reality is being decimated as we know it, what are we going to do!!

Yatoji: But I have deadline...

- Tak

Old 2017-10-20, 00:16   Link #2978
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Log Fifteen. This is Perfect! She Couldn't Have Been any more Perfect!

Unlike the first cour, the second cour of the show is seasoning and spicing up for the upcoming grand battle with all the foreshadowing and expectations; this episode got me quite interested with the following developments:

1. As confirmed by Altair at the end of the episode, Alicetaria could be seeking sort of alliance with Magane. She wants to revolt against her story for all that's she suffered and lost in her story world; her author confirmed it so to the Creators team. Now from reading Magane's reaction when asked by Alicetaria to make things fun the former felt flattered though not impressed. Sure, Magane likes to stay in the real world due to the conflicts and violence across the globe in order to make them even funnier to her standards, but even when asked to do things, even when those things she finds fun, she won't do as ordered to. However, that particular statement from Alicetaria Magane did not discard it into the thrash bin, but, instead, took it as a suggestion to save for later.

2. Blitz's background and his motives to join Altair make him quite a complex and interesting character with serious gravitas. To me it's obvious that he sees his daughter in Altair related at how both were and are frail existences doomed that neither can be saved nor can save anyone. In addition, I'm not forgetting his character description that he cannot help himself but to save frail, weak characters. Yet, I do think I understand that Altair wants him to revolt against his own story without losing himself in order to get his wish granted, and likely that's for him to be with his daughter.
He and Altair not only do they have the most interactions, but I sense a great deal of compatibility as characters between them.

3. Too much secrecy involving Souta's character suggestion to Matsubara discussed by Meteora. That device is kept well hidden in secrecy and in the wraps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Yatoji: But I have deadline...
Yatoji put another deadline one-liner in this episode again.
Old 2017-10-24, 23:43   Link #2979
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
it's not about just "beat" it's about "consistence" and make things "plausible", not make something based on realism which was te anime point with all meta then in the end he ignore the "realism" and make some "fake" situations like the brainwashed audience just to have what he wanted, this for me removed all the point of making a meta anime trying to show how work the "creative process to in the end make it "not realistic.
That's the kind of reaction I thought I'll get reading the plot summaries and TVTropes, but having seen the actual article, I think Altair won fair and square. The Protagonist Team fought as a bunch of people trying to save the world. Altair fought as if it was Entertainment. The audience thought it was entertainment. So she won.

Altair didn't start out h3xx. Let's table her specials for a bit and look at her physical strength. In Episode 1, whatever her other abilities, her physical strength is only broadly comparable to Selesia, who can press her with her blade. That's probably where the vague, blurry impressions of thousands of fans think it is.

Altair didn't start out being capable of throwing robots around with two fingers. She gained the ability by taking a calculated risk and choosing to try to stop the robot with two fingers. No one ever said she can, but no one ever clearly said she can't either. It is still in the opening phase of the fight, when Altair, the relative unknown but clearly set up as the top villain of this festa, is still demonstrating her stuff. Yet either she blocks the blade or she dies very early.

You are the audience. What will you choose? Regardless of whether you ever knew Altair, you will probably roll with the stereotypical plot of such festas and rationalize Altair knows better as to what she can do. Even if you have a pretty firm belief that Altair isn't that strong, this is a crossover and she's now top villain so you are likely to accept that she got a physical buff just for this crossover. BAM all of a sudden now Altair canonically has the ability to stop robots with her fingers.

She took a similarly cautious approach to work her abilities into acceptance. She deploys her Teleport in the opening phase and in a situation where plotwise it's too soon for her to die, yet she looks very much like she'll die unless she pulls something out of her hat. As an audience, you will be anticipating her to pull something out, either by evasion or tanking. She merely delivers your expectation, making sure she doesn't play the butt-pull too hard by quickly killing Sistine, which might have caused massive repulsion from the audience.

She deploys what's effectively a Reflect ability again at the perfect moment. She's stabbed. It's still the midgame. It's still way early for the Top Villain to die. Again you await her to pull something and she does.

Having established precedents for Teleport and Reflect, she then works in what's effectively a Banish ability. Banishing an attack is just common fantasy fare, but banishing a person's entire ability will be very conttroversial regardless of previous postulations. In a crossover fight like this, even if it is an established ability in-universe it'll normally be blocked for game-balance. So Altair picks on Hikayu. Her ability is very tacked on, and even the production team and even the character itself knows it is BS. The audience may go "Uh ... OK" at it, but they won't object very hard if Altair takes it away either because it feels so undeserved. And at this point, Altair established precedents for all the abilities she wants to use this fight.

We top that off with Sirius. Now come on, that was just deux ex machina, makes one question what the fight up till now was all about, and Altair has been a pretty good Boss character up to this point. If you are the audience, you may want her to lose eventually, but probably not this way - Sirius just kind of popping out and beating Altair. Again Altair banks on the audience's mood and wins.

Basically, Altair wasn't h3xx. She's just smart and knows how to get the audience's nod on what she needs.

They really should have gone with the idea of weakening Altair. Of course, they are right about the acceptance so it can't be arbitary, but they should have analyzed and probed the fanbase to figure out what her level is, and produced media that locks her in that position, rather than allowing Rule of Plot to run amok.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-28, 05:07   Link #2980
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'm a bit late to the party, I've been drowning in stuff to do I haven't been able to watch the second half of the show at all, but finally finished it.

I was speechless for a little bit.

Granted, I still don't entirely understand what was going on with Altair in the first place, but I do like how they effectively had to defeat her via asspull... And then the show acknowledged that an asspull was the only way to defeat her.

I have to stress that simply acknowledging that it was an asspull would on its own not be enough to make it "okay". It's the careful way in which the plot was written that makes the story work despite (or perhaps because of) the asspull. That shit's hard to do, man.

All in all it's been a show quite unlike everything I've seen before... Yet done so well. I'll give it my rare 10/10.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning