AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 133 70.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 22.75%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 5.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.06%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-06, 05:57   Link #101
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa_hurtz View Post
Ok...I'm not the only that noticed the scar on Sayuri's wrist, right?
nopes your not the only one
i also witnessed her scar

Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-06, 06:05   Link #102
Skane
Anime Snark

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan View Post
An even harder one would be to compare Mai to Nanoha.

The phone booth somehow reawaken memories of Higurashi in me... just somewhat. It's not QUALITY animation this time around though.
I would choke on my spit if KyoAni made a Nanoha spoof around Mai.

Heh.
Old 2007-01-06, 07:45   Link #103
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Sorry, couldn't resist For those who are keeping score:
LOL, that idiot of a troll really is becoming predictable. I somehow doubt he even watched the episode when he gave that rating. If it is the plot or animation technique or pacing that needs criticizing, a 3 is too unrealistically low a score. It's like deliberately giving a football team a 1 out of 10 when they so obviously destroyed the opponent by a convincingly wide score margin, all because he hates that team.

All his ratings so far have been based on his biased hatred for Kanon 2006. There's a big difference to being in the minority who speaks out his dissenting opinion with solid proof and just being a extremist bigot with the intent to wind people up. This idiot falls in the latter category.
Old 2007-01-06, 08:11   Link #104
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

He didn't dare to post his opinion the last episode. He hasn't dared to post his opinion this episode, either. All he dares now is a last act of defiance by posting gutter votes just to try and prove he has not become irrelevant.

And that was all because I destroyed whatever credibility he had, back in the Episode 12 thread.

DanielSong39, if you're still bothering to read this, I throw a challenge at you. Prove to us there's still a point for your existence in this forum, by surprising us with a credible and relevant discussion of your dislike for Kanon 2006, for once.

I'll be waiting to see what you come up with. If you have the guts to come up with anything at all.
Old 2007-01-06, 08:18   Link #105
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
tbh it would just be easier to leave him in his own little world ~ obviously he hates the sad scenes and prefer the happy ones...just pushing and pushing him to explain himself isnt gonna do any good ~ hes just going against what everyone is saying on purpose so its better to leave him be...before the mods get pissed ~

and about that scar ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-06, 08:23   Link #106
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
and about that scar ~
Spoiler:

well...
Spoiler for about the scar:

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-01-06 at 08:39.
Old 2007-01-06, 09:06   Link #107
Rivershore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
He didn't dare to post his opinion the last episode. He hasn't dared to post his opinion this episode, either. All he dares now is a last act of defiance by posting gutter votes just to try and prove he has not become irrelevant.

And that was all because I destroyed whatever credibility he had, back in the Episode 12 thread.

DanielSong39, if you're still bothering to read this, I throw a challenge at you. Prove to us there's still a point for your existence in this forum, by surprising us with a credible and relevant discussion of your dislike for Kanon 2006, for once.

I'll be waiting to see what you come up with. If you have the guts to come up with anything at all.
Does 1 negative vote really matters?
I mean compared to 70+ votes for excellent and 40+ votes for really good.
I think the results are clear that episode 14 is a good! And no doubt Danielsong has bad taste :P

Personally i don't think you should jump at DanielSong for that 1 bad vote. Since polling system is open to all and don't we have the freedom to cast the votes?
Old 2007-01-06, 09:11   Link #108
Merridew

That was a really strong 10 from me, even though this time I really wanted to give 2 extra marks for this excellent episode. KyoAni really balanced this episode out well. The comedy we got in the first half was really to loosen ourselves up for the emotion bomb in the next half.

The jam scene didn't fail to make me smile inwardly when Ayu became another of its victims. And Nayuki's changing opinion of Yuuichi in bunny ears from "not really happy" to "scary" was pretty funny too, as well as seeing Yuuichi's ass smoking from the lesson he got from Mai.

But the second half was really touching. I didn't cry this time (and I haven't cried from watching drama before), maybe because of the extremely quick pacing, but I really felt for Sayuri: wanting to cuddle her brother, but having to be strict to him due to the pressure of the teaching that she got from her father. And in the end, she could only see her brother smile once before he ended up in a grave. Even though I haven't played the game, I don't think Kyoani could show everything about Sayuri's relationship with her brother. I think they really took out the best out of what was necessary to show us the pain she gave her brother, and herself.

The second half of the sad part was even more touching. I've seen the Toei version before, but even knowing that and anticipating it did not prevent me from the shock of seeing her lying down in a pool of her own blood (though KyoAni saved me from the greater shock of seeing it initially by almost completely blackening the blood, I only realised that it was blood on my second viewing of the scene). Poor Sayuri =( Mai breaking down was something that was never shown before, even in the Toei version. The tears she shed, the words she blurted, and the things she sliced really showed us her torn emotional state. IMO Yuuichi could disarm her because she was in this condition.

Spoiler for The 5 Monsters:

*EDIT* Maybe DanielSong39 is just rating the animes for their comedy value. Everyone has their own tastes and a forum is there for people to voice their opinions, though sometimes there are places that you shouldn't really do that. I guess this happens in most anime forums when someone with a negative opinion gets bashed by the fans of the anime that he doesn't like, much like me and Dragon Balls and Naruto But I think that he's the sort of person who can't stop watching an anime once he starts watching, much like me (I watch animes for their plot value, no matter how bad other things may seem, though I drop it once the plot gets out of hand).

DanielSong39, maybe you should just try to take a different perspective to watch Kanon. You'll enjoy it a lot more that way. Kanon will not be that much different as it proceeds. It's got that 'sad girls in snow' theme, so there's not that much funny in it, though KyoAni has been doing a good job of slotting in scenes for comedy relief and/or tragedy preparation. The main theme of Kanon will still be same, it won't change.

I just realised that the banner above uses the school in Kanon as its background. To the artist: Beautiful banner!

Last edited by Merridew; 2007-01-06 at 09:58. Reason: Siggie
Old 2007-01-06, 09:14   Link #109
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivershore View Post
I think the results are clear that episode 14 is a good! And no doubt Danielsong has bad taste :P

Personally i don't think you should jump at DanielSong for that 1 bad vote. Since polling system is open to all and don't we have the freedom to cast the votes?
*cough* run away before ascaloth and mentar eat you alive

seriously though, while everyone have their own taste, there is a difference between voting with negative but constructive opinion, and a troll.
why is it a troll? well, i can't believe someone who is rating badly a serie from like... the start of it would keep watching it and still commenting badly, without a "solid" argument.

true that you can't really justify some points you can't like (since everyone have their own taste), the "pattern" has absolutely no logic, except with a dumb troll.

but i agree, feeding the troll is going to be annoying as well, so we should leave him alone, just like deathkillz suggested earlier.
i won't deny that some of the reactions and answers may appear to be fanboyism or enraged bashing, i think he definatavely did some stupid things to deserve all this mess...

meh, my 2 cents (first and last post from me about the culprit, that is all )
Old 2007-01-06, 09:16   Link #110
Ascaloth

Quote:

It's not so much about the 1 bad vote that I'm "jumping" at him about. It's the fact that he has a track record of casting gutter votes....with nowhere near sufficient discussion about WHY he casted that gutter vote. In other words, troll. He just does it to stroke his own ego.

Like someone said, I would take him more seriously if he gave a more detailed opinion on WHY he didn't like it, even if it is, "It's not for me." But noooooo, he thinks his own opinion is irrevocable fact, and posts as such. If he says it's bad, then it's bad; that's how he thinks, nevermind what anyone else thinks.

Given all that negative behaviour, it's really hard not to jump on him every once in a while.
Old 2007-01-06, 10:31   Link #111
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

To make up for the lack of Ayu's reaction to Akiko's jam in this episode:

Ayu: Oh no...
Ayu: Uguu~~. Here I go!
Ayu: *Bite*
Akiko: Ayu-chan, daijoubu?
Old 2007-01-06, 10:47   Link #112
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

huho, akiko's Final Memory? twilight frontier sure choosed the right thing for her FM XD

note : judging how kaori looks in EFZ when she must eat the jam, it appears that she already experimenced "it" XD
too bad that i can't make SS of it (mai and shiori expressions are gold as well, especially mai who is clueless )

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-01-06 at 10:58.
Old 2007-01-06, 11:18   Link #113
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Eternal Fighter Zero,

Akiko vs Shiori, Death by Jam.

But nobody... NOBODY, can beat (Awake)Nayuki's reaction to it.

Mass Death by Jam

Cheers.
Old 2007-01-06, 11:28   Link #114
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
nooo!!! shiori ;__; *dies with her*

soo many deaths in one day O.o akiko is on a roll here ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-01-06, 11:32   Link #115
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Like someone said, I would take him more seriously if he gave a more detailed opinion on WHY he didn't like it, even if it is, "It's not for me." But noooooo, he thinks his own opinion is irrevocable fact, and posts as such. If he says it's bad, then it's bad; that's how he thinks, nevermind what anyone else thinks.
Oh, I absolutely will not disagree with you about his shenanigans both with the votes and past threads. And I also don't disagree with you about how he doesn't substantiate his beliefs as well as present his viewpoint as "fact".

However, I think he took enough of a pounding from us. I personally think it's time to lay off lest we place ourselves at his level.

Quote:
Given all that negative behaviour, it's really hard not to jump on him every once in a while.
However, at this point, I think it's probably better we didn't say anything. Let his own votes speak for themselves. I spoke my own piece and I let it go. I'm not going to go any further with that. That would truly be feeding the troll.

--Ian.
Old 2007-01-06, 11:42   Link #116
Mephisto2k
anime4life

Somehow i dont get either how someone give it a 3score. Even if you hate the show you just have to admit that this was one hell of a perfect episode in relativation to the others.
Just when i thought the emtional and dramatic top was reached in this flashback part, the tension didnt go down one bit, but even increased and the conclusion of their conversation took that anime to an whole new level at the end of the episode. Animation, music, mood, plot/characterdevelopment; all those aspects in this episode can just be described with one word: Perfect!
Old 2007-01-06, 12:04   Link #117
Rivershore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
*cough* run away before ascaloth and mentar eat you alive
!! Cannibalism

Quote:
seriously though, while everyone have their own taste, there is a difference between voting with negative but constructive opinion, and a troll.
why is it a troll? well, i can't believe someone who is rating badly a serie from like... the start of it would keep watching it and still commenting badly, without a "solid" argument.
Understood. Oh so he has been rating Kanon badly even when he's watching every episode? thats really strange then or maybe he did that to provoke ppl like us who like the anime :X

Quote:
true that you can't really justify some points you can't like (since everyone have their own taste), the "pattern" has absolutely no logic, except with a dumb troll.

but i agree, feeding the troll is going to be annoying as well, so we should leave him alone, just like deathkillz suggested earlier.
i won't deny that some of the reactions and answers may appear to be fanboyism or enraged bashing, i think he definatavely did some stupid things to deserve all this mess...

meh, my 2 cents (first and last post from me about the culprit, that is all )
Copy that, i wasn't aware of his history (obviously i didn't read through all the post) so pardon me and dun eat me alive please.

Quote:
It's not so much about the 1 bad vote that I'm "jumping" at him about. It's the fact that he has a track record of casting gutter votes....with nowhere near sufficient discussion about WHY he casted that gutter vote. In other words, troll. He just does it to stroke his own ego.

As above, i think i misunderstood, i didn't read properly hence i thought u guys jumped at him for that 1 bad post. My bad
Old 2007-01-06, 12:07   Link #118
Ascaloth

Quote:
Copy that, i wasn't aware of his history (obviously i didn't read through all the post) so pardon me and dun eat me alive please.

*puts a yellowish jam-like sauce on Rivershore*

*cuts a piece of his flesh*

*eats*

Tastes like......Akiko's jam. O_O

*dies*
Old 2007-01-06, 12:24   Link #119
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I thought when Yuuichi's holding Mai on her face, I thought he's gonna kiss her Well, a hug isn't all that bad no?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2007-01-06, 12:34   Link #120
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
I thought when Yuuichi's holding Mai on her face, I thought he's gonna kiss her Well, a hug isn't all that bad no?
It would have been drastically wrong-timing to kiss her at that point.

Narf.