AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-08-16, 07:41   Link #4021
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
When you have debates on which two characters in a single KR show that has the worst arc in the entire franchise, the show itself must not be too far behind in terms of badness .
Hikaru a character with arguably zero value to the plot becomes a rider for not much reason, and he isn't in the top hated list, so i don't know what is more wrong anymore in this series.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-20, 23:04   Link #4022
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Looking at Episode 50 leak (may contain spoiler):
Old 2022-08-21, 09:05   Link #4023
GDB

Gotta give them credit, they handled the "why" Ikki moved out on his own a lot better than I expected. While Ikki himself is still acting unnatural and stupid, even for the memory loss, they presented the chain of events well to lead to his own removal from the spa.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-21, 19:09   Link #4024
kiak666

Ah, the old using ketchup as blood trick. But wouldn't the smell immediately gave away that this is all an act? Or is Ikki's memory loss is so bad that he forgot how ketchup smells like...
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-22, 15:15   Link #4025
GDB

In the bathhouse, the smell of the place probably overpowered it. In the open, it's probably not condensed enough to overpower his general emotional state and wind.
Old 2022-08-22, 18:18   Link #4026
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Using ketchup for fake blood is still very silly.

This episode retconned Ikki's contract with Vice. It was giving up memories, period. Not memories specific to his family. As proof, he forgot that he injured his soccer buddy in a previous episode.
Old 2022-08-22, 18:26   Link #4027
GDB

That's consistent with Revice's "make it up as we go" story telling ever since the Deadmans were defeated.
Old 2022-08-22, 22:49   Link #4028
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Then I guess by end we will got P-Bandai Stamp that nullifies the contract and keep Vice alive.

Curious how they will do it as Zero One and Saber got their premium power-up against last boss of their series, while here Giff is already gone ... unless it made a comeback somehow.

Old 2022-08-24, 00:22   Link #4029
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Damn now I am thinking should I go back and watch it. Seems so different XD
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is Sentai that using Revice last episode as excuse for recap and having competition to decide who's the best member among them (nods to Kamen Rider not working as team), won't come out normal. I just love how smug they're for a recap episode, while looking back at their known cool action moment believing each of them deserve that MVP title; KR really need to pull this sometimes. LOL.

Old 2022-08-24, 20:44   Link #4030
justavisitor

@Tactics

lol the classic 913's trademark smile XD...before I thought it was the actor from 555, now I think probably Inoue has a part into it...I probably will watch an episode or two when I have time XD

Thanks!!
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-24, 22:38   Link #4031
kiak666

Speaking of Sentai, the older sister of Kohaku Shida (Oni-Sister from Don Brothers, the Sentai series that is currently airing) has been casted in Geats as the secondary Rider's older sister.

This means that both sisters will be starring in two different tokusatsu series airing on the same day once Geats starts airing.
Old 2022-08-27, 20:38   Link #4032
iko_uwais

Spoiler for finale:
Overall, Revice was better than Saber even if the final arcs was quite underwhelming compare to it's earlier half. Now, can't wait for Geats and Black Sun.

Also, there will be a V-Cinema with Daiji and Hiromi as main characters:
https://www.toei-video.co.jp/vcinext-revice/

YouTube
note: region locked

Director will be Koichi Sakamoto and writer will be Nobuhiro Mouri. Yup, someone's going to die lol

V-Cinema synopsis:
"The "devil" that lurks within humans, and the "family" that is irreplaceable to humans.
With these two keywords as axis, a story in which attractive characters clash passionately have been created.
The long battle is over, and the Igarashi family and their relatives can finally enjoy some peace.
However... in place the progenitor of the devils, Giff, a new threat is about to appear!"

Seems Hiromi will make a contract with a demon whom the trailer describes as "the worst, most evil demon"
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-27, 21:11   Link #4033
kiak666

Spoiler for Revice Finale:
Old 2022-08-28, 00:41   Link #4034
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Revice Finale:
Old 2022-08-28, 12:48   Link #4035
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for Revice finale:
Old 2022-08-28, 17:50   Link #4036
GDB

Regardless of future movies, in terms of the series itself, it nailed the landing at the end. Basically everything between Orteca's defeat and this finale may have kind of been on a constant downhill tumble, but it really pulled itself together for these last two episodes.

Been watching through Saber this past week, and other than a lot of ass-pulls it definitely feels more enjoyable on the whole (though the best of Revice is better than the best of Saber, not counting fight choreography). Really hoping Geats steps up though. Please be consistently good; at least 70% of the series, please.
Old 2022-08-28, 18:46   Link #4037
kiak666

Well, I certainly didn't expect that Sakura is aspiring to become a doctor. Makes me wish they'll make a crossover special in the future where she'll team up with Emu (seeing how Sakura's main motto is being "Muteki", which is the name of Ex-Aid's final form, and how Muteki's main gimmick is being "Invincible", which is the name of Jeanne's final form)...
Old 2022-08-29, 02:18   Link #4038
iko_uwais

Black Sun new trailer:
YouTube

Really liked Nobuhiko's speech. Here's the translation for those who don't speak Japanese:

"I am a Kaijin (monster) like you. A Kaijin who is angry like you all are. If you sit down and do nothing, discrimination will continue and you will be completely destroyed! That's why it's okay for you to be angry! This is not just a world for humans, it's also ours as well! That's why we have no choice but to fight."

Plot:

Sosei Oh, the existence who is considered to be the apex of the Kaijin. At the end of his life, the chosen Seiki Oh will inherit his power. The year is 2022. Half a century has passed since the country advocates the coexistence of humans and kaijins. The kaijins who assumes human form are oppressed and the rift between the two races only deepens as the days of repeated clashes continues. In a time of turmoil, a girl who dreams of harmony encounters a man.

New casts:

Belgenia (Ancient Armored Fish Kaijin) - Takahiro Miura
Bat Kaijin - Takuma Otoo
Whale Kaijin - Gaku Hamada
Baraom (Sabre-toothed Tiger Kaijin) - Pretty Ota
Bishum (Pterosaur Kaijin) - Yo Yoshida
Darom (Trilobite Kaijin) - Baijaku Nakamura (the 2nd)

Lots of major actors. Also, Pretty Ota who plays Darom is a Japanese wrestler afflicted with dwarfism. Wouldn't this be the first time a dwarf actor played a major role in the franchise?

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2022-08-29 at 04:30.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-29, 06:50   Link #4039
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I didn't think they would change the plot so much. It's a good thing. Humans and kaijins trying to coexist is interesting, even if it's not really working.
Old 2022-08-29, 07:38   Link #4040
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ah yes, can't have KR Black without the Whale Kaijin .

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu