AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-08-29, 09:40   Link #4041
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Looks like Gorgom will be renewed into some kind of cult that believes in kaijin supremacy.

I just hope there are portrayals of humans capable of self defense. Half of century after creation of kaijin without world became like Tokyo portrayed in 555 Paradise Lost and Kabuto GSL kind of awkward to me, especially with that Spider kaijin thumbnail.

Old 2022-08-29, 10:40   Link #4042
iko_uwais

It will be rated 18+ in amazon prime
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-29, 16:50   Link #4043
justavisitor

Revice's final is about one of the most flat final episodes I have ever seen. Nothing at stakes, and the future movie kills any impact of this ending. Well, to Revice's defense, it's not the show's fault. Imagine if we knew there was an upcoming ryuki movie after Ryuki's final episode

I wanted to give this show a 6.5/10 but the movie killed the ending unfortunately, so 6/10
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-29, 18:19   Link #4044
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Revice's final is about one of the most flat final episodes I have ever seen. Nothing at stakes, and the future movie kills any impact of this ending. Well, to Revice's defense, it's not the show's fault. Imagine if we knew there was an upcoming ryuki movie after Ryuki's final episode

I wanted to give this show a 6.5/10 but the movie killed the ending unfortunately, so 6/10
I wish they'd stop with the movies, honestly. I haven't even watched any since Reiwa started. Just let the story actually end.

Because of them, we know before the show even starts that the main Rider won't die nor lose his powers because he needs to show up in the next movie.
Old 2022-08-30, 08:12   Link #4045
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
You see, to movie defense, the series already shown Kagero can return when new form needed, Lovekov have no consequences also Vail simply became dormant inside Genta as it defeated.

Its not movie's fault if Vice able to return as Kagero already foreshadowed it.
All this time you guys said Daiji arc have little to no meaning without realizing it actually serve greater role that is telling that Vice will return someday.

Old 2022-08-30, 13:25   Link #4046
justavisitor

well, honestly I think it's 50/50.

On one side, the movie does kill most suspense, like Phillip's (un)expected return in W, and Vice going back to sleep.

On the other side, we do have writers not afraid of killing important characters, and dare to not make them return permanently, like Ankh, Wizard's heroine, and Drive's third rider.

So, yeah, you could argue it's the fault of Revice, but the movie kills any saving point and the touching moment this show really needs. It's like, they know the show is subpar, so they try to make it touching, but unfortunately the upcoming movie destroys the touching moment unintentionally XD

And looking back at it, how come only Vice has a contract? What prices do Daiji and Sakura need to pay? Even his dad didn't make any contract This is insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wish they'd stop with the movies, honestly. I haven't even watched any since Reiwa started. Just let the story actually end.

Because of them, we know before the show even starts that the main Rider won't die nor lose his powers because he needs to show up in the next movie.
Exactly, Blade's ending will be meaningless if we see him and that joker (heart) fight together in the December's movie, for example XD, or 555's ambiguous ending
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-31, 01:13   Link #4047
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
On the other side, we do have writers not afraid of killing important characters, and dare to not make them return permanently, like Ankh, Wizard's heroine, and Drive's third rider.
Its the writer then.

Ankh made appearance in Megamax through time travel so it doesn't invalidated his and Eiji growth.
Briefly stay with implication Eiji managed to revive him but something happened to Eiji in future as he tell Eiji to stay alive when Eiji asked how he returned.
Then we saw it in the OOO Anniversary, answer to why Ankh is implied to be OOO in future on Megamax. Something truly happened to Eiji, prevented him taking role as OOO.

W too, the (un)expected return of Philip happened at cost of Shroud and Wakana, which help concluded their character arc.
Made it possible to lead the story into Futo Tantei where you have Bando take over Museum job as there's no Sonozaki family again, also mystery about Tokime and Joker Dopant.

Then again, with Kagero and Lovekov can roam whenever they were needed, why Vice can't?

Old 2022-08-31, 20:27   Link #4048
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Zero-One Real x Time is a better ending than TV series, though, IMO. Not to mention, having some of the best action scenes in a Rider movie and a lot of people think Saber's V-cinema is better than the series itself
Old 2022-08-31, 20:46   Link #4049
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Zero-One Real x Time is a better ending than TV series, though, IMO. Not to mention, having some of the best action scenes in a Rider movie and a lot of people think Saber's V-cinema is better than the series itself
But that's like damning with a faint praise. Basically, their Reiwa shows were so bad to the point where the V-Cinext movies outdid the entire shows .

The V-Cinext won't be necessary if they actually bother to make good/great shows in the first place. Look at Gaim, the show itself ended well to the point where the Gaiden movies didn't even need to feature the main Rider & main rival again. They're all about the tertiary Riders post-show.
Old 2022-08-31, 22:09   Link #4050
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
But that's like damning with a faint praise. Basically, their Reiwa shows were so bad to the point where the V-Cinext movies outdid the entire shows .

The V-Cinext won't be necessary if they actually bother to make good/great shows in the first place. Look at Gaim, the show itself ended well to the point where the Gaiden movies didn't even need to feature the main Rider & main rival again. They're all about the tertiary Riders post-show.
Except the Heisei riders don't have to deal with pandemic getting their actors infected, shaking up their production and changing plotlines. Real x Time was originally set in the middle of series, not after the ending. But because of Covid, they had to shut down production and changed schedules etc. Even if the end result is awesome, it would be interesting to see the original version as well. Saber had to scrapped the original concept and changed plotlines to the point where the MAIN writer wrote less episodes than the secondary writer. Also, Gaim has A LOT of gaiden compares to other series. Most series only got two, Gaim got like four if you count the theatre show. That's why they have more room for the other Riders.

I know lots of fans LOVES complaining about Reiwa and keep praising Heisei, but I honestly respect the cast and crew's dedication in making a series to the best of their abilities even with all the new guidelines. Honestly Saber's original concept of Touma actively searching for Luna by walking the earth and recruiting representatives of various sword styles to help in his quest sounds great.

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2022-08-31 at 22:41.
Old 2022-09-01, 01:54   Link #4051
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

My problem with Reiwa so far is somehow they decided to have weaker, questionable start when it comes to MC compare to the predecessor, Heisei.

Initial start of Heisei are Godai, Shouichi and Shinji, all have notable traits, decision making fitting 'now its not all about ally of justice karate bugman'.
Then we have post-Decade. Shotaro, Philip, Eiji, Ankh and Gentaro pushing on character development as theme, leave nice impression to audience while behind the scene Toei doing their best to pull shared universe after criticism to Decade with their number leitmotif (1 Card, 2 USB, 3 Medals to the point pushing with 5 Fingers, pun like Roku-seed and 6-shaped lock, so on until 9-shaped cartridge).

In Reiwa I haven't seen something similar to that.
Aruto have CEO responsibility and aspire to be comedian but he never really commit to any of that, just jumping around what potentially harm Humagear, it made Fuwa and Horobi looks like the true MC of the series. Touma do have the commitment but Saber stories suffered by bumpy transition from its original concept. Then we have Revice that doesn't develop MC? Its hard to say Ikki from last episode is different from Ikki in first episode compare to Aruto and Touma; meanwhile you can easily confirmed Genta, Aguilera and Hikaru firmly move on from their past deeds ... just why?

I can understand negative opinion about Reiwa that rises lately because even Japanese audience AFAIK ended up saw Revice more as Toei and Bandai experiment of how far they could push premium stuffs rather than good appreciation to 50 Years Kamen Rider. Made me curious about how the after-sales goes for Revice stuffs; currently popular ones from Reiwa IIRC are Vulcan's (Japanese Wolf and Dire Wolf key), Horobi's (Scorpion and Ark Scorpion key) with Saber's (Dragonic Knight book) and Zero One's (Realizing Hopper key) behind. Only Demons came to my mind considering its popularity.
Old 2022-09-03, 21:06   Link #4052
kiak666

Watched Geats Episode 1 Raw:

- So Geats is the smug genius type and the secondary is the underdog everyman, will this be the Tendo and Kagami of the Reiwa era?

- It's the first episode and we're already seeing three Riders, though one of them is immediately offed by the first Monster of the Week, which is a giant CGI monster..

- They did a fine job of showcasing Geats's gimmick. The bike turning into a mecha fox during the finisher was kind of cool.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-04, 03:20   Link #4053
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Basically story about Gai if he got Accel Memory instead of Thouser Driver.

Surprisingly the transformation SFX here sounds underwhelming?
Coming from Takahashi Yuya, I expected loud game-style delivery like HYPER CRITICAL! or SHINING IMPACT! Oh well, maybe when the mid-season super form arrives.
Changing form transition somewhat awkward too, I wonder if its because, unlike Zero One, Saber and Revice, this time there's no animal avatar to cover transformation sequence.
Old 2022-09-04, 08:59   Link #4054
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Saw eps 1.....so, KR Geats is pretty much just a more lighthearted & less bloody version of Gantz?

It's pretty nice but can we stop with the bad green screen already? Can't they build a game lobby that looks more convincing? Heck, I'd rather have Gantz drab room rather than lame-looking CGI pillars & people on a green screen 😑
Old 2022-09-04, 18:02   Link #4055
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I liked the first episode of Geats a lot. It raised a ton of questions, and I'm looking forward to seeing them answered. And it feels good to have an experienced protagonist once more.
Old 2022-09-04, 18:43   Link #4056
kiak666

On another note, Geats's Revolve On gimmick has got to be the most uncomfortable form change in the franchise. That's a Final Form Ride level of body contortion right there...
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-04, 22:26   Link #4057
iko_uwais

Lol, as someone who's been doing interviews with various Japanese company these past few months, Keiwa's opening scene really resonates with me.
Old 2022-09-10, 20:47   Link #4058
iko_uwais

DGP rule this episode:

''The last one standing will be granted his own ideal world. But as in every matter, there is always an exception."

After the live viewing of Girls Remix, a new announcement for a new spin off:

Kamen Rider Outsiders, a sequel to Kamen Rider Genm The Presidents, while also featuring the villain from the Ghost x Saber spin offs.

So far, Kuroto, Gai (Thouser), Asakura, Ren (Kenzan) and Desast is returning for the spin off. Kamen Rider Horobi, Delta, and the Orphnoch King were also shown.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by iko_uwais; 2022-09-10 at 21:51.
Old 2022-09-10, 22:56   Link #4059
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
So far, Kuroto, Gai (Thouser), Asakura, Ren (Kenzan) and Desast is returning for the spin off. Kamen Rider Horobi, Delta, and the Orphnoch King were also shown.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Yuya Takahashi aware Gai reputation is so bad now he's working hard for it.

Nice to see respect to 555 lore that Smart Brain representation is Smart Lady with Delta Gear.
The mysterious sales promotion girl that no one know if she human or Orpenoch, with the highest quality SB gear.

Old 2022-09-10, 23:56   Link #4060
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Yuya Takahashi aware Gai reputation is so bad now he's working hard for it.

Nice to see respect to 555 lore that Smart Brain representation is Smart Lady with Delta Gear.
The mysterious sales promotion girl that no one know if she human or Orpenoch, with the highest quality SB gear.

According to the synopsis, she's no longer Smart Lady, but Smart Queen (スマートクイーン) now

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu