AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-08-23, 15:51   Link #81
justavisitor

Well Inoue did write some episodes of Kuuga if I remember correctly.

Speaking of Inoue, he is the writer of the current super sentai right now. Anyone know how is that show doing? Is it edgy??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-23, 17:43   Link #82
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Well Inoue did write some episodes of Kuuga if I remember correctly.

Speaking of Inoue, he is the writer of the current super sentai right now. Anyone know how is that show doing? Is it edgy??
I don't know if it's edgy. Bat-@#$% insane, maybe .
Old 2022-08-23, 19:08   Link #83
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
You'll be surprised as Donbrothers saw better popularity than both Revice and Zenkaiger, not on Gokaiger or Shinkenger level but better than average.
It helps that Donbrothers is envisioned by Toei as comedy show, and Shirakura has policy that sentai shouldn't move their plots often in consideration to their target audience (resulting on slow pace or fillers though) so the freedom is limited in comparison to Kamen Rider.

AFAIK complaints are mostly about how the show is piling up mysteries with no explanation (pretty normal, example would be 555 with: "Why Takumi and Kusaka can transform", "What actually Smart Brain is", etc; even in Donbrothers interview he said "its no fun if audience know about everything from start") and Inoue is running 'only some of them knew each other, recognized each other by finale' format so by that 'shouldn't move the plots often', audience stuck in condition there's no serious, iconic team transformation yet despite they're already at Episode 25. Considering sentai(s) usually moving their plot after recap, safe to assume the plot will continues after the scheduled recap this week, as Donbrothers advertised taking break to watch Revice last episode.

Too bad Revice can't have Ikki and Vice watching Futo Tantei. LOL.
Old 2022-08-23, 19:16   Link #84
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'd say Kamen Rider becoming more anime-like actually started with W. It's the series that influenced phase 2 the most. The most influential series of all is probably Ryuki. It set a ton of KR tropes remaining to this day. It proved to be influential for anime too, Fate/Stay Night was strongly inspired by it, and later on Madoka.

This's why I'm amazed it took this long to make KR an anime. It pretty much has been anime for a long time.
Fate was in the works for many, many years before it released, which was only two years after KR Ryuki. Its main inspiration was Makai Tenshou, not anything Kamen Rider.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-23, 21:12   Link #85
justavisitor

@Tactics
"Freedom is limited"-- good, that's how Inoue will do well. He does better when there is more at stakes and has more strict regulations I think

" there's no serious, iconic team transformation yet despite they're already at Episode 25"--holy!! Damn now I am thinking should I go back and watch it. Seems so different XD

@Frontier
Seems like you enjoy it too eh?

Ok, I try not to side track too much so I will stop, sorry
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2022-08-23, 22:17   Link #86
iko_uwais

It's kinda weird that they're showing Accel Booster in the opening but the anime will probably not reach the story arc where it first appear in the manga considering the anime's pacing.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-24, 06:48   Link #87
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Fate was in the works for many, many years before it released, which was only two years after KR Ryuki. Its main inspiration was Makai Tenshou, not anything Kamen Rider.
My bad, I really thought I had read this somewhere.
Old 2022-08-28, 11:37   Link #88
Frontier

Terui! And he's busting up thugs like the trash they are without needing to transform! What a way to introduce our Second Rider !

It's so surreal hearing Makoto Furukawa as Terui. Like, it's Tada Banri and Miyuki Shirogane voicing Kamen Rider Accel of all people !

He said the line! Though I prefer when it's translated as "Don't Ask Me Questions!" .

Philip is taking over the investigation and catching Meganeura, who turns out to be a violent and mean gamer whose handle is Murder who has it out for Megu because she beat him (even when he was using more modern controls and cheats) in a game with her character. What a jerk .

I love how Monako threw in there that Shotaro was "pretentious." Like, she's not wrong, but the dude just got himself severely hurt trying to protect you .

Tokime is beating herself up enough over what happened, she doesn't need Philip treating her like she's barely more useful than air .

So Aurora Dopant, or Bando, is trying to create a society of evolved Dopants? And he's using Meganeura as a test run? I guess he and his group aren't your average crime family .

Monako doesn't want to be Megu again, but Shotaro will fight any injury if it means giving an inspiration pep talk and having someone realize the truth about themselves...which in Monako's case is that, while she doesn't love being Megu, she loves making the fans happy. And that's enough reason for her to become Megu. And I love how Tokime looks like she could listen to Shotaro talk all day and then Shotaro collapses from his injuries again .

Akiko finally puts it to words that Philip is just jealous of how close Shotaro and Tokime are, because Shotaro is his partner, and Akiko is more than happy to educate Philip on the existence of BL .

Tokime notices how obviously suspicious Maji-P is...but it turns out he was so obvious intentionally, because the real conspirator is actually the head of Megu's makeup team who resented her for having so much success despite not enjoying it, while she never got her big break. So she enlisted Murder for a revenge plot. Such a petty and cruel reason to attack Megu, but the way she breaks down shows that she realizes the weight of her crimes .

So we've got a Megu changing scene where she takes her shirt off and we get to see her in a bra, and we've got Meganuera's drones ripping Tokime's top and basically exposing her boobs for all too see. This really is the most boobs in a single Kamen Rider show I have ever seen .

Tokime isn't about to fail this time, and she manages to free Megu from Meganuera even when he drags her into the sky! Although right when Meganeura is about to finish them off...Fang shows up to save both ladies and herald the arrival of Philip as FangJoker to finish Meganeura off in the next episode! Can't wait !

Radio personality Tokime! She's surprisingly good at it, and she gets a direct question to Terui about whether he counts as a Kamen Rider when he transforms into a bike rather than rides on...which gets the response you'd all expect .
Old 2022-08-28, 16:00   Link #89
Kamijou Touma IB
Imagine Breaker

I love this show so much. I screamed when Fang appeared.
Old 2022-08-28, 18:02   Link #90
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That's the first time the series has been so upfront about the homoerotic undertones of Shotaro and Philip's friendship. Although Shotaro is obviously not gay and I doubt Philip is either (kinda hard to tell, the only person he showed a romantic interest in was his sister). It would have been funny if the comedy bit at the end was about him frantically researching BL, which is what he usually does when he learns something new. What we got was still funny, of course we all saw that one coming

Enjoyed Tokime taking the job more seriously and Philip acknowledging her resolve and the fact he was jealous of her. With Shotaro out of commission, I figured FangJoker would come in. That dopant is strong enough to warrant it being used too.
Old 2022-09-04, 11:34   Link #91
Frontier

It's time to let loose with FangJoker as it howls once more in anime form! It even stops Meganeura's attack when it tries to interrupt the transformation .

I just love how Shotaro couldn't help but comment on Tokime's less than covered up chest area .

I love how Shotaro is being protected from the drones by the Memory Gadgets .

It's blade vs blade as FangJoker engages Meganeura and holds its own while slicing and dicing Meganuera like high-mobility predator it is! And better yet, Philip figured out Meganeura's pressure gimmick through it's hidden wings and managed to use a boomerang to take out his wings and freeing W to finish it with FangJoker's Rider Kick, Fang Strizer! What a way to close things out .

Oh, and here's an Accel cameo to whet your appetites .

Well, sucks that Koizumi is under arrest and off to jail, and Monako blames herself for not realizing how much Koizumi resented her, but at least now she knows how much Maji-P really cares about her and her wellbeing and how he was working to protect her from behind the scenes the whole time. He cared about her so much he jeopardized his own job when he realized the execs were the ones who only cared about using her and her image .

It's really sweet, though, that Monako is willing to walk away and start from scratch with Maji-P so they can be together again, and she'll do whatever it takes so they can be a success again...together !

New outfit for Tokime! We get get to see her get dressed and a fabulous shot of her fine butt in panties as she puts her pants on! And her top isn't translucent anymore, but it accentuates her figure quite well all the same. They're also courtesy of Shotaro! Should we ask how Shotaro knew her size though .

Tokime's really become part of the team now! She gets along with the Memory Gadgets, finally gets along with Philip, and even has her own pink Stag Phone! It's super cute .

Oh, and Philip has discovered the joy of homosexuality. Good for him .

Well, Murder fell short of Bando's expectations and now he's nothing but a loose end for the Auroroa Dopant to wipe out of existence, as he and his crazy forces (a giant skeletal brachiosaurus!?) lie in wait for their next move .

Ah, so we're continuing the Healing Princess NEO corner with Terui! Actually, fun fact, Terui was intended to be the second half of W by Philip's mom, so that question seemed quite significant .
Old 2022-09-04, 17:53   Link #92
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It didn't take long for Tokime to fit right in at the Narumi detective agency. She still needs to find her own catchphrase though. It's a requirement to be a main character in W.
Old 2022-09-04, 18:29   Link #93
GDB

Does Philip really have a catchphrase?

Also, damnit Akiko, look at what your careless words have done!
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-04, 18:41   Link #94
Frontier

Quote:

"How Interesting!" or some variation of that ?
Old 2022-09-04, 22:53   Link #95
iko_uwais

Quote:

"Kyoumibukai", I think, lol.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-05, 00:11   Link #96
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Tokime's phone is going to be P-Bandai stuff, isn't it?

Aurora Dopant got serious visual upgrade in anime made it nice too see; its pleasing to hear Sebastian threaten someone again.

Old 2022-09-05, 06:47   Link #97
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
"How Interesting!" or some variation of that ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
"Kyoumibukai", I think, lol.
Yep, that's it. He says it all the time.

He didn't disappoint in this episode, started researching homosexuality as soon as he got home and of course found it fascinating.
Old 2022-09-09, 02:52   Link #98
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Was he researching homosexuality or BL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
Lol, so a "sequel" to W-B-X, titled W-G-X ~W Goes Next~, nice.
Spoiler for plot:
"If WBX was so good then why isn't there a WBX 2?"
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-11, 11:34   Link #99
Frontier

It's one thing to be braving a blizzard in Fuuto...it's a whole 'nother thing to be braving a blizzard in the mountains for Shotaro and Philip who are stuck there because Philip was on a mushroom kick. But that's classic Shotaro and Philip .

"My hubby is a bike." I love how Tokime just assumes she means because Terui rides a bike because she doesn't know that's actually literal .

A blizzard? A mansion? A bunch of people all bunched together with no phone or easy access to the outside world? Oh boy, W is taking on a mystery genre staple .

Not a yuki-onna, but Kanna is definitely a raven-haired beauty! Although as pretty as she is, especially in that backless dress, you've got Tokime waiting for you back home Shotaro! Don't be getting all cozy with another woman !

So basically we're dealing with a masquerade version of The Bachelor where a rich dude is participating in a marriage interview with a bunch of lovely (and busty) ladies vying for his favor in the tradition of his family...and he could care less about their moral character. And of course our protagonists are caught in the middle .

They're not alone though, as we've also got Bando there as well and meeting Shotaro and Philip, but he's using an assumed name and he's the only one aware he just met Kamen Rider...although if he also helped choose the bridal candidates he's also probably aware of who the Dopant is .

Alcohol Dopant? It's one ugly Dopant, but it's also super absorbant, feels no pain (because it's drunk), and can use the alcohol it exudes to fry you up with it's eye beam. It's not going to be easy to hurt this thing .

The effect of HeatJoker in the snow looked amazing .

The Dopant is definitely out to kill all the eligible marriage candidates (sorry Koyomi, you looked great in a kimono), but it seems a little too obvious that it's one of the ladies themselves .

So Kanna is the only one of the marriage candidates who had a normal job (or at least one that didn't involve seducing people or relying on her looks), and she knows something is out to kill her. Did she just see Koyomi get killed? She doesn't seem as obsessed with getting married as the other girls so why is she involved in this? One way or another it seems like she knows a lot more about what's going on if Shotaro not talking more with her could've prevented future victims...unless Kanna is the future victim .

Mick may have to settle for less than he did with the Sonozaki's, but he seems to enjoy making jokes out of Akiko's antics .
Old 2022-09-11, 17:12   Link #100
justavisitor

The classic "killer is within us in a closed area" japanese drama

The staff really pays attention to the detail. During the fight, the snow melts much faster on the "heat" side compared to the "joker" side. The scene has no significant meaning, but paying attention to detail like that makes the watching experience a lot better.

Tags
kamen rider, tokusatsu