AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-08-21, 09:44   Link #121
justavisitor

@Obelisk ze Tormentor
Thanks for the great video as always! Sad to think that ppl in 1966 put more thought into it than nowadays (at least in this aspect)

@Tactics
Yeah, I probably over reacted it. Well, next episode they will probably tell us how can Trigger come back to Earth, so the hero and co can find a way to break through
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-22, 02:00   Link #122
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Ultraman Regulos? More like Kung-Fu Ultra .
Old 2022-08-22, 09:14   Link #123
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Space kung-fu? I like the design but c'mon Tsuburaya, why not gave him a host so we can see MC that martial arts capable.

Feels kinda funny to see other aliens wear gi while Regulus is just like that.

Old 2022-08-23, 21:19   Link #124
justavisitor

ultraman, who lives in another dimension, practise kung fu is so weird...but then again they already did similar things back in cosmos I think, so it's a norm for Tsuburaya I think
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2022-08-26, 23:11   Link #125
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

That's nice explanation, so Trigger not instantly teleporting to earth but bypassing Sphere security check by having same energy wavelength which Decker unable to.
Carmeara really became too popular for her own good, honestly there's no need for her to return but rating boost from Uesaka Sumire is just too good Decker might wanted it as well; I hope this second arc not spent focusing on her. LOL.

Old 2022-08-27, 09:47   Link #126
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Tbh, this episode is almost painful to watch for me. Aside from being forced to watch & spend time with Kengo and his retarded catchphrase that made me want to pummel his face with a sledgehammer & pickaxe, this episode is another kaiju-bankrupt one.

This episode has Sphere-Megalothor 2 which is a reused suit (Megalothor 2) of a reused suit (Megalothor 1) of a reused suit (Gatanothor). And of course, beneath the Megalothor, we have Carmearra yet again 🙄.

Hooo boy, I'd be really pissed if they decide to bring back the whole cringe-inducing conflict between Kengo & Carmearra and eating up precious screentime in Decker. If that happens, I'd consider bailing. I had enough of Kengo's punchable face & catchphrase for a whole season & movie.
Old 2022-08-27, 19:28   Link #127
justavisitor

Kengo will just be here for one more episode. His main job will be to handle over the new toy, I mean, saber, to Decker XD

It's eating up the precious 25 episodes for sure. But just one more
Old 2022-08-27, 20:57   Link #128
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Kengo will just be here for one more episode. His main job will be to handle over the new toy, I mean, saber, to Decker XD

It's eating up the precious 25 episodes for sure. But just one more
I think there was a report mentioning Kengo will appear 4 times. Not sure if it means 4 episodes or he will play a role in the story 4 times.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-08-28, 00:56   Link #129
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I had enough of Kengo's punchable face & catchphrase for a whole season & movie.
NGL it also get into my nerve to see everyone's like losing some of their brain cells when Kengo present.
To make things worse, they not even tried to make Kengo looks like a seasoned Ultra; Kamen Rider Ghost is one of least popular KR but KR still gave him justice by showing him more experienced in Zi-O, let alone Decade who shines brighter as cameo than in its own series. Somehow its fine for Kengo with little to no change to the point it drag Decker crew to his pace.

Old 2022-08-28, 02:16   Link #130
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This Decker episode annoyed me so much that I need a healthy dose of soothing Ultraman music 😑

YouTube
Old 2022-08-29, 16:53   Link #131
justavisitor

I never pay attention to Ultraman's instrumental music. Op wise, I would pick the two op from nexus as my favorite. Ed wise, Ultraman X's ed was super catchy!!!
Old 2022-09-02, 23:31   Link #132
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Yup, this is Carmeara redemption arc, which unnecessary but fair choice for collab episode.

Compare to previous episode, I got feeling its from Decker writing staffs this time.
its nice to see Kanata and others back to their usual competence. Also Kanata not immediately answering the question is great decision for second arc. Even so there's still some annoying character gimmick from Trigger, can't be helped I guess because that's Kengo character guidelines; considering Kengo is mentioned by news will have 4 appearance, perhaps its episode count so 2 more. Likely to fight Sphere at the end; you can relax Kengo is not overstaying his welcome. LOL.

Fight scene is 10/10, they really redeem lack of hissatsu on previous episode.
Kamen Rider really need to learn from Tsuburaya if Revice fights is the best they can do for 50th Anniversary.

Next will be seems to be rework of alien fighter from Dyna, this time it have host (?) instead of simply humanoid alien arrived, challenging Dyna.
Old 2022-09-03, 01:26   Link #133
iko_uwais

https://www.kaorinusantara.or.id/new...aman-indonesia

Can't wait.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-09, 21:19   Link #134
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

To my surprise, Grace actor is Koji Nakamura, suit actor for Tiga, Dyna and Gaia also the Metal Dopant in Kamen Rider W - A to Z Gaia Memories.

We got no Fake Decker. They tweaked it so there's connection between the girl (who is part of Dyna Fan Club in Dyna) and the alien.
The fight likely a letdown for those looking for serious Decker vs. Grace but its understandable because Dyna didn't have Sphere covering earth; at least they seem setting up Grace to return as Decker ally to combat Spheres for last story arc alongside Trigger. Once again Kanata asked about his reason to fight; I like how they made Kanata tend to be in awe on such topic, implying he really lacked on that part instead of usual "lecture the MC".

Spoiler for Also:

Nice to know they can reasoned Strong Form with "enemy physical strength is way above normal", in Dyna it tend to became "Doesn't matter, Miracle it is".

Old 2022-09-10, 14:33   Link #135
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

*phew* finally an episode without the Kengo cancer. Seriously, the best thing about that last episode was Carmearra's ass. Basically, anything that can make me forget Kengo was there.

And now for this episode....well, it really didn't impress me. I never really fond Dyna's Gregore episode so this one impressed me even less simply due the fact that it tried to replicate it. Instead of Gregore, we have Grace now (which is an even lamer name for a supposedly macho space fighter).

The part where Kanata/Decker tried to hold Sphere Red King (SRK) to not disturb Grace & GUTS fight I feel is poorly written & executed. It would've been better for Grace to make the most out of the mighty SRK right away instead of attempting to continue his fight with GUTS considering he's more interested in a brawl-ish fight than facing an army. But after that weird part, everything went predictably with Grace facing SRK and then everyone helped.

So yeah, aside from the joy of watching Koji Nakamura and some hints for future plot, I don't really like this episode all that much since the tale of a has-been father supported by his daughter is kinda tired for me.

Also, episode count of no-original kaiju: 9/9
Old 2022-09-10, 21:44   Link #136
justavisitor

If I were the taxpayer in this universe, I would be super pissed that the Earth defense team wastes ammo on the space marital artist instead of the real threat...and the commander was like "we can't depend on ultraman" from episode 1. Fast forward to episode 9, "ok, decker tells us to continue to have fun, let's continue to party"... Seriously the whole team should be charged of treason, or very least, negligence of the duty.

And decker fights so bad in this episode, no wonder Grace doesn't pick him as his worthy opponent.
Old 2022-09-10, 21:46   Link #137
iko_uwais

Indonesian Shin Ultraman trailer
YouTube
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-10, 22:50   Link #138
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
If I were the taxpayer in this universe, I would be super pissed that the Earth defense team wastes ammo on the space marital artist instead of the real threat...and the commander was like "we can't depend on ultraman" from episode 1. Fast forward to episode 9, "ok, decker tells us to continue to have fun, let's continue to party"... Seriously the whole team should be charged of treason, or very least, negligence of the duty.

And decker fights so bad in this episode, no wonder Grace doesn't pick him as his worthy opponent.
At least, to Murahoshi defense, this episode happened at worst one and half year after Decker debut also Gryphon beam cannon is mentioned as prototype for the real weapon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The part where Kanata/Decker tried to hold Sphere Red King (SRK) to not disturb Grace & GUTS fight I feel is poorly written & executed. It would've been better for Grace to make the most out of the mighty SRK right away instead of attempting to continue his fight with GUTS considering he's more interested in a brawl-ish fight than facing an army. But after that weird part, everything went predictably with Grace facing SRK and then everyone helped.
The writing for this episode is just strange, IMO.
Sure it wise for Kanata to refuse the challenge as Decker host, but there's no harm about letting Grace fight Decker. The consequence would be Sphere Red King became less threatening (quick to take care of Decker Strong Form), which seems unable to be compromised not only for excuse of using the new sword but also hype for whatever coming next.
Old 2022-09-11, 01:20   Link #139
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

And just like that, Bandai released & re-released the figures for this Decker episode & the old Dyna episode:

YouTube
Old 2022-09-16, 23:13   Link #140
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

One hell of solid episode from Decker; if they can come up with this kind of setup episode, why Grace didn't got his fight is confusing.
It made me curious if points raised by this episode will be entryway for new Gaia (and maybe Cosmos) by end of series. Seems legit to end Decker with it hanging.

Tags
tokusatsu, ultraman