AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2022-09-11, 03:26   Link #4061
kiak666

Ace so far is a breath of fresh air as far as Reiwa era protagonist goes.

As opposed to the usual kind and selfless hero like his three predecessors, Ace doesn't mind using others to achieve his goals, though the ending of the episode does show he did have compassion for others.
kiak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-11, 07:01   Link #4062
GDB

I kind of feel like he was a dick to Keiwa specifically to help him realize that he can't just blindly trust others. Like, it wasn't just to help himself (though that was an added benefit), and his "sob story" was likely true, but felt it'd be a good learning experience.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-11, 10:19   Link #4063
justavisitor

so they have to start with the blank state every time...for now.

Eventually they will have something like p-bandai where they can purchase some basic equipment before hand

And it also promotes p-bandai in real life too!!! XD
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-11, 11:08   Link #4064
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Well, IIRC Takahashi Yuya said Geats is inspired by Apex being the most popular game in Japan for KR target audience so ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I kind of feel like he was a dick to Keiwa specifically to help him realize that he can't just blindly trust others. Like, it wasn't just to help himself (though that was an added benefit), and his "sob story" was likely true, but felt it'd be a good learning experience.
Its Kagami and Tendou Ver. 2.0. This time the "Kagami" have cynical view about world that "Tendou" have to carry him for reason that will be explained later.

Just notice that the characters attitude are based on how the animal perceived in Japan. Geats -> Kitsu-ne -> Related to success, fortune and trickery; Tycoon -> Tanuki -> Racoon -> Got potential, not the smartest. Not sure about others like Buffa and Nago. Ushi-oni and Nekomata? Shirowe is Monokuma? LOL.
Old 2022-09-11, 18:11   Link #4065
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ace is definitely a breath of fresh air compared to the last three MCs. He really feels like the second coming of Tendou.

So the game restarts almost as soon as the new world is created? The winner doesn't get to enjoy his ideal world for very long. Not sure why Ace wished for fame when he doesn't seem to care about it. I also wonder how many times he's won.
Old 2022-09-11, 18:35   Link #4066
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ace is definitely a breath of fresh air compared to the last three MCs. He really feels like the second coming of Tendou.

So the game restarts almost as soon as the new world is created? The winner doesn't get to enjoy his ideal world for very long. Not sure why Ace wished for fame when he doesn't seem to care about it. I also wonder how many times he's won.
Well, if Tsumuri's (the navigator girl) intuition is correct, Ace seems to be testing the limit of the DGP's wish granting powers.
Old 2022-09-17, 20:46   Link #4067
iko_uwais

DGP rule in episode 3:

ゲーム中に命を落とした者は、この世界から退場となる. (Gēmu-chū ni inochi o otoshita mono wa, kono sekai kara taijō to naru)

十分にご注意してください. (Jūbun ni go chūi shite kudasai)

"Those who lost their lives during the game will exit this world. Please be careful."

Hmm, kinda curious the word they use is 退場 (taijou) which means leave or exit and is usually used for situation like exiting a venue or like an actor leaving then entertainment world.
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-17, 21:14   Link #4068
kiak666

Huh, didn't expect that Revice will have a second Hyper-Battle DVD, and it will feature a new Genome based on Kamen Rider 2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KamenRider/...attle_trailer/
Old 2022-09-17, 21:51   Link #4069
iko_uwais

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
Huh, didn't expect that Revice will have a second Hyper-Battle DVD, and it will feature a new Genome based on Kamen Rider 2:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KamenRider/...attle_trailer/
Lol, another parallel world story like OOO: Birth special.
Btw the title is:

仮面ライダーリバイス 2号ライダーはじめました~♪ (Kamen Rider Revice 2-gō raidā hajimemashita ~♪)

Kamen Rider Revice Starting out as 2-go Rider~♪

better quality (but region locked) trailer:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
iko_uwais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-18, 02:47   Link #4070
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for Evil and Demons new form:

So using Revice Driver means you will get bubblegum color scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iko_uwais View Post
DGP rule in episode 3:

ゲーム中に命を落とした者は、この世界から退場となる. (Gēmu-chū ni inochi o otoshita mono wa, kono sekai kara taijō to naru)

十分にご注意してください. (Jūbun ni go chūi shite kudasai)

"Those who lost their lives during the game will exit this world. Please be careful."

Hmm, kinda curious the word they use is 退場 (taijou) which means leave or exit and is usually used for situation like exiting a venue or like an actor leaving then entertainment world.
Somehow it left me with impression someone is dying and Ace tried to see if he could solve it by making that person involved with the game in one way or another.

Keiwa strikes again, he's really lucky fitting his Tanuki motif, I guess.
Old 2022-09-18, 03:09   Link #4071
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post

So using Revice Driver means you will get bubblegum color scheme.

Somehow it left me with impression someone is dying and Ace tried to see if he could solve it by making that person involved with the game in one way or another.

Keiwa strikes again, he's really lucky fitting his Tanuki motif, I guess.
Apparently Tycoon's bandage on his thigh does have a luck boosting effect according to the official site setting.
Old 2022-09-18, 09:07   Link #4072
justavisitor

lol, Neon really tries to pay to play XD

And Ace seems to be around for a long time (he was talking about the history of his country...did he witness that history tho) and of course, searching someone

my mindless guess thinks that the Navigator is his sister/lover, and he tries to get her back
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2022-09-18, 14:00   Link #4073
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Old 2022-09-19, 17:02   Link #4074
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So far Geats is really enjoyable. Hate Pandaman, and I like that Neon pointed out he could just wish to be able to play basketball again instead of just wanting to exterminate all of humanity because he can't play anymore. Talk about angst.
Old 2022-09-25, 01:39   Link #4075
kiak666

So, it's revealed that Neon was once kidnapped as a child. This event causes her mother to become extremely possessive of her, and we learn that Neon's desire for the DGP is to "find true love" (possibly referring to how her mother's "love" is too controlling).

And Ace once again gives tips to a fellow competitor, revealing that the zombie virus can be cured once the stage is cleared. He even go as far as to provide an opening for Neon to finish off the remaining zombies.

And the panda is kicked out of the DGP due to having the lowest score once the stage is cleared, with Neon beating him out due to the stage clear.
Old 2022-09-25, 09:06   Link #4076
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

"Da-Paaan!", I bet Takahashi Yuya made that with awareness of cute female narrator. LOL. BTW that hammer finisher is adapted from God Eater, isn't it?

Stuffs got clearer by this episode, more or less confirm there's something out there that can only be defeated using high output of wish-granting power (thus Desire Driver).
Ace aware of that and seems to put his bet on Keiwa, someone who willing to gave a game-changer item to other person in need. Da-Paan get rid 'cleanly' compare to Ginpen (and got repaint immediately), so expect he will return by second half as an evil underling.
Old 2022-09-25, 09:53   Link #4077
justavisitor

Quote:

Stuffs got clearer by this episode, more or less confirm there's something out there that can only be defeated using high output of wish-granting power (thus Desire Driver).
Hmm?? I don't pick this up lol Even if there was a hint (I probably miss it), we've learnt that the direction of the show can be easily changed...so I am def not holding my breath here

To me, the organizer of this tournament is the bad guy??...they have so much power, and yet they claim that they don't know where the evil monsters come from? If they can't control the monsters, then how can the monsters be reset after the game is over? (or, the monsters are indeed out of their control and simply keep coming...we will see which side the staff will pick )
Old 2022-09-25, 11:52   Link #4078
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Hmm?? I don't pick this up lol Even if there was a hint (I probably miss it)
Tsumuri lines, "He's not qualified as a Kamen Rider", enforced by the new rule.

Buffa before OP implied became zombie is as good as dead, which Ace argued that zombie-fication 100% not happening if the game finished ASAP.
Then we have Mary lead zombie to civilians to get rescue bonus point. Treasure hunt, zombie game then team battle. Granted it based on games, but under KR pretext (protagonist use power of evil to destroy evil) it sounds like DGP real purpose is cultivation of new batch of Kamen Rider to deal with something, fueled by desire, capable of turning civilians into zombie / low-rank Jyamato. Ace probably noticed it on first game, thus he dedicated himself helping potent newbies like Keiwa.

The man with "Gundam" mask probably the new Chronus for Geats.

I get feeling second half will be the real Apex / Valorant / Counter Strike team fight this series based on with Buffa, DaPan and Mary siding with the villain.

Old 2022-09-25, 11:58   Link #4079
GDB

I kind of doubt Buffa would side with villains. He just comes off as ultra competitive, but otherwise not really a bad guy.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-25, 18:11   Link #4080
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Since there's a rule specifically sating you can't become a Rider anymore after being eliminated, regular eliminations doesn't result in death. Although they're risking their lives, it's not technically a death game.

Tags
henshin, kamen rider, tokusatsu